Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 18:02   #31
BHPian

A departure from the discussion on electrics. I'd like to know what TBHPians strum when it's unplugged time!

I own a Pluto. Chose it over far more expensive guitars available at the time. It's a classical spanish guitar body ( wide fret board et all) with steel strings. It has a tone i haven't really heard from other guitars.

Recently while at a musical instruments store I happened to strum a Fender 6 stringer and god it was so good! The price was even better - 5 grand. The tone was rich and the open lower E was nice and deep. Tempting!
Old 5th February 2010, 09:52   #32
BHPian

Well all you guitarists out here,please visit my thread.
I want all your support and ideas for this project.
Please drop in and let me know your opinions.
Here is the link :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...my-guitar.html

Regards
Preetam
Old 9th February 2010, 17:19   #33
BHPian

Does anybody here in NCR know of a good instructor for Guitar who is available on Sundays, as it is the only day i can spare and should not be very expensive also!!

Cheers
Old 10th February 2010, 12:52   #34
BHPian

@TheDoc: For the power/recording volume problem you can check out if a power brake can work for you?

Also some amps do come with a attenuator/level setting like the VOX VT series which is also a modelling amp.

Recording seems best to be via the sound card Line IN as ambient noise is reduced but you do have a very dry signal compared to what comes from your cabinet/speaker. Of course there are other S/w cabinet/models available online.
Old 16th February 2010, 15:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Does anybody here in NCR know of a good instructor for Guitar who is available on Sundays, as it is the only day i can spare and should not be very expensive also!!

Cheers
Knock Knock... Come on guys, isn't there anybody in the NCR??
Old 7th April 2010, 18:02   #36
BHPian

hey,
i'm planning to buy another schecter. have any of you played the v-1 custom with the seymour duncan active pickups. played it yesterday and fell in love with it. it'll be the perfect third guitar after my 006 deluxe and the Grx720.
Old 8th April 2010, 00:08   #37
BHPian

I have not played anything apart from a 006 and Damien as far as Schecter goes.. So this v-1 is a king v shape ? I still have not been able to go shop around for my next guitar - ESP LTD EC-50 or the EC-200 as I'm looking for a LP shape to complement my strat. Perhaps add a Seymour Duncan JB on the bridge as stock pups might be weak.

I am hoping to get to see the Cort EVL Z4 or some of the Schecter ones before I finalise that one though. Any other suggestions?
Old 8th April 2010, 17:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I have not played anything apart from a 006 and Damien as far as Schecter goes.. So this v-1 is a king v shape ? I still have not been able to go shop around for my next guitar - ESP LTD EC-50 or the EC-200 as I'm looking for a LP shape to complement my strat. Perhaps add a Seymour Duncan JB on the bridge as stock pups might be weak.

I am hoping to get to see the Cort EVL Z4 or some of the Schecter ones before I finalise that one though. Any other suggestions?

Hey,
the cort Evl Z4 is a pretty killer guitar. Other schecter's i could recomend would depend on the budget you have for your next guitar.i like the damien, try playing the blackjack c-1 fr it already comes with Seymour Duncan JB/59 Humbuckers. try playing the v-1 custom whenever you get the time to go shop around for your next guitar.
Old 17th April 2010, 07:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
My set up is a simple Yamaha Pacifica 112 Guitar, with a Marshall 15 DFX, they go together well, the Marshall 15 DFX is a decent sounding Amp and the Pacifica is a no nonsence basic guitar.

My Fav artist have to be.

Joe Satriani (Satch)
Jeff Beck
Eddie Van Halen
Lee Retinour
Stanley Jordon
Steve Vai
Andy Timmons
At last!! A Jeff Beck fan. There seems to be a dearth of them on this forum.

Anyway, Eric Clapton was once asked, as to how does it feel to be the best guitarist in the world. Eric answered, "Don't know, Next time I'll meet Jeff I'll ask him".
Old 17th April 2010, 08:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perak View Post
At last!! A Jeff Beck fan. There seems to be a dearth of them on this forum.

Anyway, Eric Clapton was once asked, as to how does it feel to be the best guitarist in the world. Eric answered, "Don't know, Next time I'll meet Jeff I'll ask him".
Jeff Beck is altogether in another league, his work is true work of art, and only Jeff can sound like Jeff, very difficult to immitate Jeff, his vibrato and volumn control is extraordinary.
Old 10th December 2010, 16:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

re: The Guitar Thread - Post all queries, tabs and info here

I am looking for an acoustic guitar in Bangalore. Which store (BTM/KORMANGALA), brand, budget ? Help please
Old 10th December 2010, 17:46   #42
BHPian

Google Furtados. They've got guitar shops all over india. They mostly have branded and expensive ones. Get a guitar which has low action. Also it should have a adjustable truss rod. Lots of youtube vids give tips on buying your first guitar check them out. Even im looking around. Havent found good ones in my budget. I like this one but its too expensive Product Details | YAMAHA Music India Pvt. Ltd.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

^^
Thanks mh666, I googled it and found that there is one Furtados showroom near Forum mall. Its just 2km from my house, will check it tomorrow morning. I am a beginner and youtube will be my first teacher :-).

Planning to get this book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031...pf_rd_i=507846

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th December 2010 at 17:59.
Old 10th December 2010, 18:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

You can also try www.bajaao.com and look at various musical instruments.
Old 10th December 2010, 19:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Biju,
Did some web search and shortlisted Fender CD-60. It costs around 7.5K @ bajaao.com.

I did not have a plan to spend 7.5K on my first guitar. Do you guys have any other suggestion (means cheap and best for a beginner)? :-)

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th December 2010 at 19:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks