Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 17:21   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: IKEA stores in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
I think going by Metro, looking and feeling the products and ordering online on the spot (subject to availability) would be the best way ?
Anyway, not all furniture can be carried by car.
Based on my experience, offline stock is separate and many items we saw last weekend during housewarming were not available online after I came home. Hence had to return yesterday to the store. So not sure if this strategy would work. If you go by metro you could consider buying all the stuff and then opting for delivery service.

The furniture collection process(for larger items which aren't available in the self serve area) is also very efficient. Once we bill the items using the bar code provided earlier in the actual area where the furniture is displayed, the collection service already is pre informed and they have your goods picked and kept ready by the time we reach the collection desk. Right next to it is the transport desk in case you realise your vehicle won't take those boxes.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 18:46   #167
Senior - BHPian

I was passing by the IKEA Bangalore store yesterday, around 1.30 PM. Luckily, we were on the flyover towards Goreguntepalya and we could witness the traffic jam and the mess below. Right then, we could see a Metro pulling into the Nagasandra Metro station and the metro was jam packed, and you could see people standing inside the cars.

I wonder what motivates people to visit this store, despite knowing that it will be a 4-5 hour ordeal. Or is it that they just had to get out and this is the latest fancy place.

I don't think I will have the courage to visit them over the weekend, ever.
Old 28th June 2022, 11:10   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

I wonder what motivates people to visit this store, despite knowing that it will be a 4-5 hour ordeal. Or is it that they just had to get out and this is the latest fancy place.

I don't think I will have the courage to visit them over the weekend, ever.
1. Latest fancy place. It's like that exhibition that most people in their mind 30s-40s have grown up visiting.

2. Saw a couple of videos shared which showed the main entry gates were locked even for people on foot. Cars were also stopped from entering the compound which made a 1.5 Km jam on the service road.

3. Once the initial hoopla dies down, it'll be like any other normal store (Metro, Decathlon etc). People can only buy so much stuff from stores like Ikea. In 3-4 months, it'll normalise.

Ikea Hyderabad also witnessed such mad crowds in the initial days of its opening with similar jams in the roads leading up to it.
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 16:51   #169
BHPian

Saw Electric charging points in IKEA Nagasandra today, and it is operational as per the security guards there.
Attached Thumbnails
IKEA stores in India-img_01041.jpg  

pram_ind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:37   #170
BHPian

Was free so visited IKEA Bangalore today.
Pretty reasonable crowd if you ask me. This was around 11am on a Thursday.

General area
IKEA stores in India-ikea1.png

Collection warehouse where the larger furniture is stacked, you need to go to the Rack / Row and pick them up yourself.
Note: These details are displayed on the display units.
IKEA stores in India-ikea2.png

Overall very well organized and managed.
Fillmore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 10:04   #171
BHPian

Folks in Bangalore... Any idea how is the crowd situation in IKEA on a Saturday? Worth going or will it still be a deluge?
Old 15th July 2022, 10:47   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Folks in Bangalore... Any idea how is the crowd situation in IKEA on a Saturday? Worth going or will it still be a deluge?
I went yesterday and it was a pretty sizeable crowd actually for a weekday. The IKEA representatives mentioned that crowd count is still large during weekends but not like the initial week. Make sure to take the metro since it may save some waiting time for parking.
whencut86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 08:26   #173
BANNED

Hi guys, is there any 3rd party logistics near Ikea Bengaluru who will transport stuff to Kerala?
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 17:07   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi guys, is there any 3rd party logistics near Ikea Bengaluru who will transport stuff to Kerala?
They do have Pan India Delivery available at the store. You can visit store and after the billing counter go towards Returns /Delivery section. There you can find counter on right side where they have displayed board as Pan India delivery.. As of now have visited IKEA Bangalore thrice but all times during weekday and that too reached by 10 AM and parked in Basement at A line only. Bangalore delivery of items are pretty faster as got the ordered furniture next day as per schedule.

Last edited by aeroamit : 17th July 2022 at 17:09. Reason: Spell check
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:56   #175
BHPian

Has anyone tried the below route to travel to IKEA Bangalore?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5361769 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

Last edited by AshiqueS : 20th July 2022 at 08:57. Reason: missed information
Old 20th July 2022, 10:00   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

A 2nd IKEA Store is coming up at R-City Mall, Ghatkopar, in Mumbai.
Old 20th July 2022, 12:08   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Responded to you on the same thread.

"Don't take this inner road that GMaps is suggesting. Trust me, taking the main road to go to IKEA will work out better. I know because I stay close by."
Old 11th August 2022, 12:35   #178
BHPian

Has anyone been to IKEA in bangalore recently? Planning to visit during this long weekend. Expecting a thinner crowd as lots of people would be vacationing. Any views?
Old 11th August 2022, 13:03   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Expecting a thinner crowd as lots of people would be vacationing. Any views?
Beware... they could be vacationing in IKEA.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 21:05   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Has anyone been to IKEA in bangalore recently? Planning to visit during this long weekend. Expecting a thinner crowd as lots of people would be vacationing. Any views?
Visited today. Crowd was not too bad. But that doesn't say much about the weekend.

Gut-feel: Saturday might be better, more people might be off work on Sunday and Monday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks