Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2018, 15:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Most of the online services works on this policy,

Fool 1 lakh users, 5000 will find out, 1000 will complain
They come out clean by offering refund to the 1000 users

They are still left with 95000, that's a profit!

In your case, the offer was made only for 2-3 pieces to create a buzz.
The rest of the orders were refunded.
Old 17th October 2018, 16:13   #62
BHPian

You got me all worried man! I too have picked up Airpods for 7999 from Flipkart and the order is still under processing even after 6 days!
Praying that it does not get cancelled

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-6792c5fc1c6d4e2a80892926b1e8fc65.jpeg
Old 17th October 2018, 17:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Coincidentally I was just walking from the canteen back to my building and saw a colleague fighting with Flopkart delivery guy.

He had bought a Samsung Note 9 on sale as well as exchange. They didn't honour the exchange citing a minuscule dimple on the side of the old phone.
exact same story with me. Had lost my OP6 early this month so Ordered Poco F1 phone in exchange of Redmi Note 3 with EMI on HDFC credit card. Exchange was rejected saying there is gap between screen and the body below the power button. This when i had ensured that the phone passed all the self test run by the FP app!

The Wishmaster () clicked photo and sent to his manager on whatsapp and he replied: "Don't Pick". Tweets/emails/calls are of no use as the reason given was: Seller refused to exchange you old phone as it is damaged!

HDFC has already charged me the first EMI and interest, but still no refund from flipkart is reflected in my cc.

During the same time, exchanged my mom's Samsung On7 with a Redmi Y2. it took just 2 mins to complete this. The delivery guy verified the IMEI and took the OTP and that it.

Last edited by ant_vas : 17th October 2018 at 18:17. Reason: added details
Old 17th October 2018, 19:01   #64
BHPian

Well this thread surely deserves five stars as it is a place to discuss all mischiefs done by these online sellers. I have been quite lucky ( touchwood) on my majority of purchases and got the products as intended.

However i feel that Amazon is still better than others as far as customer support and clarity of shipping location is concerned. A prime membership is also a VFM proposition.

Comparatively websites like Snapdeal, Flipkart , Jabong etc are still nowhere near the desired customer support.

If anyone have purchased from snapdeal they must have seen the utter lack of clarity wrt transportation cost, location of product, ETA and product authenticity. Around 2 months back i ordered a mobile phone from snapdeal which seemed to be a good deal , paid through debit card and i know what kind of sad ordeal i had to go through to track my product and finally have it in my hands, that too i had to collect from their warehouse.

Surprisingly, their is NO CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER for snapdeal, if you have a question you just have to send an email and their is no other option and you guessed it right, they just do not reply back.

Their transportation is done by Vulcan Express which i guess is their own company and again their is no contact info of the same. The phone no.s which are mentioned on google are either old ones or not reachable.

The hub from where i received my phone was simply pathetic, with parcels thrown on bare cemented ground and when i asked them to find mine, they had to check the entire inventory by picking up one at a time and throwing the parcels on the ground which did not belong to me . Their is absolutely no respect of our hard earned money, and their is no "fragile" sticker on any parcel.

I crossed my fingers at that time just under an impression that the way they are throwing each parcel, it is bound to damage the product, however luckily i got mine undamaged.

What is even more interesting to note is neither they asked me for my ID proof nor any proof of purchase, just the AWB was enough for them to handover the parcel to me.
Old 17th October 2018, 19:11   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

It is time to use online shopping for only the online Exclusive stuff, or maybe Aliexpress stuff.

Talking about Chromecast which is not available in amazon I remembered my purchase story.
I bought Chromecast from Croma with an INR 500 discount per piece, I bought three. At that time, noone was giving this thing a discount online, and Croma - well their marketing is non existent.

I have now stopped buying stuff online(with few exceptions) , My reasons however are different - Let me explain.

I used to use Amazon for buying stuff, one of the phones I ordered had issues, but they took it back even after many weeks of it being with me, excellent customer support. So why did I stop?

I have become impatient, If Swiggy can deliver food that did not exist until I ordered it within 45 minutes, why not amazon send me a phone sitting and gathering dust in a rack to me within the hour? I want these things now, i`m ready to pay a bit more as well if I get it now.

The stores are now ready to give it to you at Amazon price or even lesser.

So I walk into the store , show them the amazon price and ask them for it -Most of them immediately oblige /talk to their boss and give it to me, Sale done. I do not have a credit card, so the temptation of cashback etc is not there.

Big Stores that compete with Amazon : ( I do buy from small but reliable outlets as well)
1. Croma - all electrical and electronics - dont bother with their stickers, talk to them.
2. Poorvika Mobiles - They also buy phones back at a good price, I always sell the old ones away.
3. Local Camera Stores(I use Photobest) - they take your old ones for a good price + matches or in my case undercut amazon by 3K.

Recently when Moto X4 reduced the price for the 3GB model, local retailer matched it on the same day.

So Offline works for me now.
Old 17th October 2018, 19:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

I can’t believe they actually sent this email.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-1dd49e3de6ff4a5ea7110862c6ec67bb.jpeg

Pramod
Old 17th October 2018, 20:01   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Wow. Has the system counted the no. of cancelled orders and refunds as "returns"? I'm assuming you haven't returned a lot of orders before this fiasco.

Raise a stink everywhere you see Flipkart. Just for fun, involve Walmart too.
Old 17th October 2018, 20:17   #68
BHPian

I am a regular online shopper and almost 90% of all my needs are taken care by online shopping. Its like every week 3-4 parcels are delivered.
Many Reasons -
1. Online Discounts on top of MRP
2. Traffic of Bangalore which prevents me to go out.
3. Crowd in shops & malls followed by long queues.

From my experience I have learned how to deal with online sellers when ever there is issue. For sure we need to pester them to the extent that they oblige.

Amazon customer care for "prime" marked products is never an issue. I have claimed refunds on even non-returnable items. Pepperfry is also a gem in terms of customer care.

Problem is only with Flipkart (only some cases) & paytm (non existent customer care). Flipkart used to be good till 2015-16 but once they were in losses they closed their so called actual customer care & replaced them with arrogant, useless, illiterate people who can never help.
While shopping on Paytm don't buy expensive stuff. Keep it only for cheap products or 50% discount deals.

People need to learn that they should not take things to their heart. If product is cancelled, live with it & buy it at another place. Best is to wait. You will definitely get a better deal online in some days. Patience is the key.

Heavy discounted products have high tendency of cancellation or getting out of stock. Take it as a lottery, if you get it you are lucky else some other day.

Suggestion in case of issue -
1. Call the customer care without hesitation. Keep the photos of the product(with issue) ready. They might ask for it over email. Try to take multiple clear photos in proper light.
2. If that does not help, don't stop, send mail to their customer care email with all the details mentioned clearly. If still not satisfied with their response, try exploring tactics like scaring them of going to social media, or emotional angle of never returning to the website etc.
3. If point 2 does not work, go ahead to their social media accounts and fire the rant. Ask you friends to comment on top continuously.
4. Last door is consumer court but that I think is only when you are stuck with expensive defective item.
I know people who have actually gone to consumer court, no lawyer needed & court always rules in favour of customers (if its genuine).
Old 17th October 2018, 20:24   #69
BHPian

This thread couldn’t have come at a better time. Just 4 days back, I ordered 3 things on Flipkart which amounted to around 29,000. Within 5 mins of placing the order and paying for it, my order was canceled by Flipkart siting non availability of the said thing. Then why did you let the order go through Flipkart? The refund that you have promised will not be processed before 6-7 days. Why sit on my money for so long when you know the stock of the particular item isn’t there.

Conversely on Amazon, once I had ordered a thing which the seller had to cancel due to non availability, I was refunded within 2 hours.

I try to give Flipkart the first shot many times due to the patriotic factor (although that’s gone with Walmart acquisition) but more often than not, Flipkart disappoints.
Old 17th October 2018, 20:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like they've read this thread!
Old 17th October 2018, 20:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Guys, My flipkart account is locked, these guys have locked me out and are not letting me change my password. looks like i am dead in water.

4k worth of coupons plus my refund from my second Gopro purchase is not through.
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-flipkart.jpg

Guys,

Please let me know how i write to Walmart about this.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 17th October 2018 at 20:39.
Old 17th October 2018, 22:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, My flipkart account is locked, these guys have locked me out and are not letting me change my password. looks like i am dead in water.

4k worth of coupons plus my refund from my second Gopro purchase is not through.
Guys,

Please let me know how i write to Walmart about this.

Pramod

Post your problem in LinkedIn and tag Flipkart employees.
It works
Old 17th October 2018, 23:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

So here is some documented proof. Looks like they are on full war mode.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-3a1248273fe64606be40e4c4ccdef862.jpeg

Pramod
Old 18th October 2018, 00:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

Remember their first big Billion sale? Think it was in 2014. They screwed up big time. At that time, they sent out a formal apology. Many people believed them then. And there was a nationalistic angle propogated by many fools also - saying that they are an Indian company, we need to support them and whatnot bullcrap. But it has become a cycle - they do it every year. Every year, people fall for it. Sad.

So here is a blog post that I posted up way back in 2014 - a reply to their apology.

http://www.naveenroy.com/2014/10/re-...-flipkart.html

If you don't want to read it on my blog, I have pasted the post here

Quote:
Re: Apologies, from Flipkart
Dear Sachin and Binny,

Thanks for the mail. An empty apology. An apology nonetheless, you say. True that. Not many Indian companies have the balls to admit their mistakes. Their wrong-doings - none. But neither have you.

Like you admit, you have failed our trust. You did build up some credibility over the years and stood apart from other online retailers. But I somehow think that you took a gamble with losing that credibility and have actually gotten away with it. Because it is different how things work in this amazing country of ours. We're more easier to hoodwink. We've just got so damned used to it. From the clerk at any government office to the ministers who we elect, everyone has been pulling the wool over our eyes over the years. So what happened with your amazing sham of a sale is just that - a statistic. We've moved on after every election. I'm sure most of us have already moved on about this too. A small blip on the radar. PR can be bought. Hashtags die. Memories, in this internet age is already too damned short. Hell, even I wanted to type this out before I could forget.

Ok, let's get to what I'd called wrong-doings. Thankfully, you've neatly underlined those points in your little empty email. By the way, that was a really well played ploy. Play the little mind-trick of mentioning all the "issues" that social media picked up on and admit to them. Half the battle won. Most of us would be so overwhelmed by you admitting to those "issues" that the mind automatically starts to forgive and forget. Trump card?

Price changes - No one is talking about the non-discounted rates of products. They are talking about how prices were hiked up before the sale. To be later reduced - as a discount on the price of the product. What were you talking about in your email? That some evil gremlin came and removed the discounts?

Out-of-stock Issues - wow, for me, this a serious wrong-doing. You are telling me that you misjudged demand? After testing the market for so long - with so many flash sales? How I'd love to know how many Tab 3s you had for sale there. For me, there is something fishy about the stock numbers. And how did your infrastructure not manage to even update the values there? How did people even get to place orders then? And make payments for a product that was supposedly not in stock?

Cancellations - well, you had specific terms and conditions for this sale drafted up that said no refunds and no cancellations. But YOU cancelled so many orders? I mean, even for products that had low stock. Products that were out of stock but people were able to pay for. How does that even make sense? I know that you are returning all the money. But isn't that some major breach of trust? Did people pay you for nothing? Is that even legal? No, seriously, let me get this right. Product out of stock. Site hasn't updated this information. Person places order for non-existent product. Makes payment. Receives email that order is cancelled. This email doesn't mention the product being out of stock and that said customer was suckered into parting with his money but rather that - "due to high demand for this item and in order to provide all customers an equal opportunity to avail this great deal, we had to cancel the following items in your order". Even if at this point, you had mentioned issues with the infrastructure and that the said product was actually out of stock when the order was placed, it is fine. But you didn't. Or were you busy counting the money by then?

Website Issues - surely, infrastructure must have been scaled up significantly to handle this traffic. For me personally, the site never went down. But that was since I never tried to place an order for some of the "amazing" deals. Again, the nagging thing is that people were able to place orders for out of stock products. And pay for them. No wonder so many of them are ranting against the sale.

You seem to have ended the email on a slightly emotional note. Don't worry, by that time, you'd sold your apology to more than half the people who received it. Like I said, memories are short...

Even this will come to pass.
Old 18th October 2018, 01:54   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
You got me all worried man! I too have picked up Airpods for 7999 from Flipkart and the order is still under processing even after 6 days!
Praying that it does not get cancelled

Attachment 1808876
I guess you should not worry, assuming you have ordered it from Supercomnet or RetailNet.
I ordered an iPad as well on 14th Oct and it was due to be shipped by 18th October. Until today I was worried and I had thoughts similar to you, however, they shipped the product on 17th October at 11 p.m (1Hr before shipping deadline).
Had similar experience earlier as well, when I ordered a book with RetailNet.
Guess they wait until the deadline period and I think your order will be shipped by 23 October as they have mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-screenshot_20181018014433.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks