Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2019, 21:11   #376
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Shankar at No.4 doesn't inspire confidence at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Yet to see his quick fire 20's. Remember the final of Nidahas trophy final in sri lanka. More often he failed to connects with the ball.
Unfortunately, our selectors think otherwise and one of them, MSK Prasad described him as a 3D player. Shankar hasn't consistently shown those dimensions in this world cup though
I'm just hoping DK will get at least one game in place of Shankar, maybe in the next game against England ?

Last edited by NPV : 28th June 2019 at 21:13.
Old 28th June 2019, 22:17   #377
BHPian

After SL lost today, IND and NZ are almost through to semis now, because of superier NRR. So, it all comes down to ENG/PAK/BAN and SL to battle it out for the final slot.
But still, none of the position within top 4 is decided.

Last edited by kavensri : 28th June 2019 at 22:18.
Old 28th June 2019, 23:53   #378
Senior - BHPian

England and Bangladesh have to win against India, Sri Lanka is probably out of contention. Pakistan is likely to take the 4th spot.
Old 29th June 2019, 00:05   #379
Senior - BHPian

Was just watching the highlights of today's game and was wondering who is the batting coach of Sri Lanka.

Most batsmen are having a high bat-lift before and after the shot. It's more like a swing at the ball. Much like Sanath Jayasurya style though he himself managed to clear the boundary many a times with those shots. Is it me only who didn't feel the shots to be beautiful?
Old 29th June 2019, 00:26   #380
BHPian

Pakistan now has a higher probability of entering the semi finals as they have to face Afghanistan (2 free points) and Bangladesh (evenly matched), compared to say England who face New Zealand and India or Bangladesh who faces India.

If Pakistan needs to sneak through to No.4, India should remain unbeaten against England and Bangladesh, and if India does that, India would be on No.1 spot.So, there is a huge probability of a India vs Pakistan Semi Final as its 1 vs 4. I am not in favour of this as there is the added pressure of both the Semi Final as well as Pakistan match, and it will unnecessarily affect India's chances of getting the World Cup. But strictly speaking, the adrenaline rush of a India vs Pak match will excite over a billion people, literally bringing India to a standstill, except may be the cash registers of ICC and Star Sports.
Old 29th June 2019, 01:51   #381
Senior - BHPian

Shaheen was an unfamiliar guy till last week, he and Amir can wreck havoc on any good batting team. India should now get serious about their batting order and think about 1 dimension players. Jadeja should play instead of Kedar for his fielding skills, DK or Pant should play in the place of Vijay Shankar.
Old 29th June 2019, 07:50   #382
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Shaheen was an unfamiliar guy till last week, he and Amir can wreck havoc on any good batting team. India should now get serious about their batting order and think about 1 dimension players. Jadeja should play instead of Kedar for his fielding skills, DK or Pant should play in the place of Vijay Shankar.
I am hoping we lose at least one of our remaining games. A blow in the knuckles at this stage is necessary, else that blow is likely to come is the semis. And a loss is the only way to force the changes, else they will not tinker a winning combination.
Old 29th June 2019, 12:25   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The bees again! What's with the bees and SA vs SL matches?

And today as well! But don't these bees sting?! The players are pretty cool about it.
I was watching this match in the stadium at Durham, it was bizzare. There were no bees in the stands. We were in the pavilion stands, and there was not a single bee. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was happening, and after turning on the radio for info. Initially, I thought they were goofing around.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 29th June 2019 at 12:27.
Old 29th June 2019, 22:35   #384
BHPian

Gulbadin - what did you do? When the rest of your bowlers were doing their job beautifully and Pakistan was in dire straits, what was the necessity for you to bowl the 46th over?
Old 29th June 2019, 22:43   #385
Senior - BHPian

ICC Cricket World Cup, 2019

Pakistan have just applied the the points table pressure on England. They are now 4th.

Game in hand for England , but it works for us. England have to dig deep to get out of it. The mind games are on.

Attachment 1888833

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 29th June 2019 at 22:51.
Old 29th June 2019, 22:55   #386
Senior - BHPian

What a cracker. Afghanistan lost because Gulbadin decided to bring himself to bowl on a pitch favoring spinners when shinwari had 2 more overs left!!

Now if england lose both their remaining matches, pak vs bangladesh match will decide the semifinalist assuming india beat both bangladesh and england.

Last edited by vibbs : 29th June 2019 at 23:13.
Old 29th June 2019, 22:58   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Gulbadin - what did you do? When the rest of your bowlers were doing their job beautifully and Pakistan was in dire straits, what was the necessity for you to bowl the 46th over?
F. I. X. I. N. G.
No other plausible explanation.
Old 29th June 2019, 23:21   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Gulbadin - what did you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
F. I. X. I. N. G.
Yes, ICC needs to investigate this angle. His actions were against team interests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Unfortunately, our selectors think otherwise and one of them, MSK Prasad described him as a 3D player. Shankar hasn't consistently shown those dimensions in this world cup though
I'm just hoping DK will get at least one game in place of Shankar, maybe in the next game against England ?
Kohli has this prediction - Vijay Shankar is close to playing a big knock for us, says Virat Kohli. Shankar hasn't bowled in the last couple of matches. Probably the team management wants him to behave like he is No.4. Let's see tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
So, there is a huge probability of a India vs Pakistan Semi Final as its 1 vs 4. I am not in favour of this as there is the added pressure of both the Semi Final as well as Pakistan match, and it will unnecessarily affect India's chances of getting the World Cup. But strictly speaking, the adrenaline rush of a India vs Pak match will excite over a billion people, literally bringing India to a standstill, except may be the cash registers of ICC and Star Sports.
I feel Pakistan is an easier opponent than England, either in semis or finals. As opponents, Pakistan bowling has an edge over England. But on a flat deck, England batting will steamroll any team.

Last edited by msdivy : 29th June 2019 at 23:31.
Old 29th June 2019, 23:36   #389
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Better umpiring & marginally better captaincy should have taken Afghanistan home, but it was not to be! Rashid Khan has been disappointing in this World Cup, just not able to pick up wickets regularly.
Old 30th June 2019, 00:34   #390
BHPian

What was Colin thinking?
More importantly, wasn't Smith a leggie? He is throwing down offies to Neesham. Horses for courses eh.
All in all, NZ seem to have thrown this away.
On the more popular Afg vs Pak game, i believe Afg inexperience did them in. Bad bowling choices, bad field setting and what not. Allowing Wahab with a broken finger to slog is just blasphemous IMHO, not when Rashid(overrated?) is bowling(leggies would be my last choice when I'm defending). Nice interesting game though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks