Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you cutting the cord?
Yes 335 70.97%
No 109 23.09%
Other (please specify in your post) 28 5.93%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 11:39   #211
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cutting the cord - Ditching Satellite TV

I renovated my place and moved out for 4months. We concealed the cables. We moved back in but I have not even connected anything up. Don't really care fr wires

I do miss the BBC News though
Old 5th May 2023, 13:20   #212
BANNED

So I am finally thinking of cutting off my cable (I have cable not Dish) connection & moving to OTT for watching on the phone/laptop or also chromecasting to the TV.

I was wondering if instead of subscribing individually to stuff like Sony Liv & various other apps, if there was a collection like we get in cable/dish. I looked around & found Tata Binge Play which seems to have a collection of channels from different companies.

How exactly does this work? Does the Tata Binge Play app allow you to watch the same thing which is shown on TV - i.e. if at 2:30 pm, there is Crime Patrol on some cable channel, would you see the same on the app also?

Also does it require any separate box or is just install the app on the Phone enough?

What other providers are there other than Tata Play which provide OTT bouquets? Are regional channels like Sun/Asianet etc also available on this?

Last edited by carboy : 5th May 2023 at 13:21.
Old 5th May 2023, 13:22   #213
BHPian

I had removed cable back when my son was young - around 2016 or so. But now, with internet connectivity, screen time is getting tougher to control. Any tips?
Old 29th May 2023, 20:58   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I had removed cable back when my son was young - around 2016 or so. But now, with internet connectivity, screen time is getting tougher to control. Any tips?
Check the app - tvusage - Digital Wellbeing for controlling TV time (Since majority of the TV's are based on Android, unless its a Samsung or LG running their own OS), am sure there will be apps for mobile as well.

We had out Tata Sky wire stuck in a tree during heavy rains, it was stuck so bad that the grill could come off. We tried to remove it but it got entangled further, so we cut the cable, this was somewhere in 2019, since then we only use the smart TV feature & other OTT apps to consume content.
Old 29th May 2023, 21:22   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Couple of questions. Does your son only watch TV apps or on mobile/tablet too? Is the internet used through home broadband or 4G/5G? Based on these different methods could be adopted. I've been doing it since many years.

If internet through home broadband, you can use parental control settings in the router to enable/disable internet for specific timeslot. Usually all new routers have the parental control. If not, you can buy a new Asus/TP-link router.

If it is on mobile/tablet through 4G/5G, then you can use Google Family Link app that can open/lock the device during specific timeslot. You can control app wise time spent too to disable the app for the day. Google family link should work for mobile/tab on home broadband too. For apple device, I don't have suggestion but something similar should be available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks