Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 11:54   #31
BHPian

Re: How many leaves / holidays do you take in a year?

I work for a product-based MNC and I usually take 20-25 leaves per year- mostly to visit home-town since I'm quite a home-sick guy and I despise the city where I now live.

Leaves are taken in chunks of either 1 or 2 weeks (festive occasions like Onam) and I make it a point to not carry work onto my holidays as much as possible- I leave my official laptop at home and I do not even have my official mail configured on my phone.

Apart from home-town visits, holidaying is like once or twice a year (never been to the north of Bangalore or outside of India on a holiday) and the rest of the leaves are used up to look after our daughter whenever she falls ill.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:24   #32
BHPian

I get 20 Paid leaves, 10 Sick leaves and 10 Casual leaves apart from 10 public holidays, 2 day weekends and a week off during Diwali (complimentary from office).
I end up using 15 paid leaves, 10 Casual leaves and 3-5 Sick leaves in a year. The rest are carried forward. I work about 8-10 hours a month during weekends on an average and stay "smartphone" connected with work (almost) always. I stay quite a bit away from my parents and hence most of my leaves are consumed in home visits. I also make sure to take 1 big (International or Indian) vacation every year. The complimentary week off during Diwali makes this a possibility without loss of pay.

Last edited by feluda86 : 5th December 2019 at 12:26.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I work for an MNC and we are given 20 paid leaves plus 5 days of annual shutdown from 25th Dec till 31st Dec.
Do we both work in the same company?

I have 20 leaves/year out of which 10 have to be used. We can carry forward a maximum of 30 leaves. We also have 5 days of annual shutdown from Dec 25-31. More importantly, unlimited sick leaves.

I make it a point to use up at least 15 leaves every year. I usually combine the annual shutdown with around around 10 days of leave. The rest I use across the year for family events and short trips.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2019 at 19:05. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:44   #34
BHPian

We get approximately 30 leaves in a calendar year at my place. Keeping in mind the work challenges, I hardly take 15-20 leaves a year. Rest we can get them encashed too.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:46   #35
BHPian

I work for an American MNC also called big blue company We get 20 days paid leaves, unlimited sick leave and no swipe in swipe out time. Work from home is a privilege here so as far as i know people don't take much leaves, either they work from home even when slightly sick or call in sick when they are really sick. Our 10 paid leaves will lapse end of the year and remaining 10 gets carry forwarded.
Old 5th December 2019, 13:22   #36
BHPian

I am close to completing my first year at a central government organization. I get 8 Casual Leaves, 30 Earned Leaves and 2 Restricted Holidays - so 40 in total. ELs can roll over to the next year while the other two lapses if not availed. I have already taken 30 leaves so far and plan to avail the remaining 10 ELs during Christmas time.
Old 5th December 2019, 13:45   #37
BHPian

I don't even know how many leaves I am eligible for. I am a sales guy and the end of December would be the most busy time in the year. I usually take off for the first two weeks of January every year and that's about it. Needless to say, I need to be available if there is any 'emergency' (which means customer screaming something went kaput!). But thankfully folks internally within my company or even my customers for that matter, don't call unnecessarily unless its a matter that can't wait.

Last edited by veyron_head : 5th December 2019 at 13:47.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:06   #38
BHPian

I get 30 'working days' off a year so that's 42 calendar days and plus approximately 10 days for Eid (since I'm currently working in KSA)

In the 50+ odd days a year I'm on leave I split it as follows;
a) visiting my home state Kerala and family
b) at least 1 domestic trip
c) at least 1 overseas trip

Next year my hope is to use one of my leaves to attend one of the track days in Coimbatore or Chennai as I'm itching to start riding again.

Last edited by BloggerMathai : 5th December 2019 at 14:16.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
Do we both work in the same company?
I work for Philips (Manyata Tech Park). How about you?
Old 5th December 2019, 14:18   #40
Team-BHP Support

We have 18+10 Leaves and another 10 holidays. Have consumed 16 leaves plus the holidays so far This year it was little on the higher side due to TeamBHP travel to South Africa and another trip to Utharkhand, but happy that i could.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:25   #41

24 leaves in total which includes 12 paid leaves and 12 casual leaves. 5 days work week. I usually tend to take a week off for Sankranti and a week off for Dussehra. Though technically I'll be on leave, I tend to connect on mobile and carry laptop along since I work for a startup and we cannot predict when the service goes down. By the way, I Iead a team, so I have to keep track on what is happening within the team.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:34   #42
BHPian

I enjoy 365 leaves per year since I don’t work at all!
I hate it when I have to set an alarm, mostly to catch a flight to some vacation destination.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:41   #43
BHPian

My current organisation (a Consulting Big 4) has an unlimited leaves policy. The only caveat being that any leaves not approved by the manager are counted as Leave Without Pay.
Along with that, we also have an optional work from home option for 1 day per week.

Given the flexibility to work from home, I generally run minimal errands on such days before 10:00 am or after 5:00 pm. This reduces the count of holidays taken by employees.

Also given the long weekends each year, my leave count barely touches 15 of which 5 days apiece are for the Holi and Diwali weekends.

Since the office remains closed between 25th Dec to 1st Jan, that saves a lot of leaves.
Old 5th December 2019, 15:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I work for Philips (Manyata Tech Park). How about you?
I work for Philips (Manyata) too!

Never knew there was a fellow BHP-ian under the same office roof as mine.

We should catch up!
Old 5th December 2019, 15:24   #45
BHPian

I work in a US based MNC and we are entitled to 20 days annual leave plus 8 days of sick leaves. An additional 5 days are provided after completing 5 years of service. So having spent 7 years in this company I am entitled to 33 days of leave. Out of this, we can only carry forward 5 days of leave and the remaining leaves lapse at the end of the year. This has been rare year where I have planned my leaves very well and will end up using 30 days by 31st of December (proud of myself!!!). I usually average around 20 days of leave a year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks