Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2020, 12:19   #16
BANNED

re: Many parts of India are in curfew

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
My mother is in hospital in a fairly critical state. I travel up and down to the hospital several times each day. Is such travel also banned? Would any member know.
No ban on travel for emergency/critical cases. You can travel but with due precautions.

Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 12:35   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My mother is in hospital in a fairly critical state. I travel up and down to the hospital several times each day. Is such travel also banned? Would any member know.
Wish your mother a speed recovery. How far is the hospital? I suggest you carry enough documents as proof of hospitalisation in your car, just in case there are official or unofficial checks on the roads, although unlikely.
Eddy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 12:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
It is an exercise for just March 22nd to check the response levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Probably looks like they are testing the waters for a longer lock down...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It is just a readiness to test the endurance, patience and mental strength of our countrymen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
It's the most prudent move by the GOI since the war of 1971. It is a well calculated move to involve all the citizens and make behavioral changes to fight the enemy.
It definitely is a prudent calibrated move by the PM. Happened to read Barkha Dutt in Hindustan Times which is also bringing out almost all of what had been brought out as above.

Hindustan Times: Modi is right to prepare India for a deeper crisis, writes Barkha Dutt.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/colum...lwKVeHGIN.html

Quote:
I travel up and down to the hospital several times each day. Is such travel also banned
Hospital / Medical requirements fall under the essential category and are excused. Recommend ensure sanitising steps after your visits to the hospital. Wishing your mother speedy recovery.
bimal_67 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 12:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the state of your mother. Hope she recovers. As far as i know, there is no 'ban' as such for anyone. This exercise on 22nd March is a social voluntary movement. By all means go to the hospital and spend time with your mother. Even if there was a ban, this is a valid reason.
earthian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 13:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Why 14 hours? Because the virus dies in 12 hours. This is the message spreading across social media. What can I say? The social media scientists have discovered the lifespan of corona virus in PM's address to the country.

One the curfew, it is a social engineering technique and will benefit those need it. For the rest of the majority, the spread is delayed and hope the general public won't develop symptoms in coming weeks.

Last edited by msdivy : 21st March 2020 at 13:34.
msdivy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 14:27   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
AFIK Janata Curfew is not enforced and a voluntary one, it is a request to stay indoors. Only possibility of trouble is by zealot citizen enforcement, which I presume can be over come given your legitimate need for travel.

Wishing a speedy recovery. Keep a copy of the hospital attendant pass with you would be my suggestion.

Why the curfew?
  • To get us to understand what we are in for
  • Help us understand what we need to stock at home
  • Perhaps isolate the damn virus or slow the transmission as Sunday is the ideally for social transmission
  • A static population will help identify the potential hotspots

In short, slowing transmission and enforcing social distance. It might be case that instead of an impending disastrous constant lock down it would be

Semi lock down over the past week
Total lock down on Sunday
Assess progress while under semi-lockdown over this week before another curfew or limited resumption.

All I can say is that behaviour of some of the educated/privileged in trying to avert the checking, hide travel history is most selfish and appalling.

Unfortunately, these reasons were not too well articulated

Last edited by ajmat : 21st March 2020 at 14:38.
ajmat is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 15:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have a notice on your windscreen and rear glass that reads "HOSPITAL - EMERGENCY" or similar. That should help. As others have said, probably carry a couple of supporting documents.

On another note, am sure you're aware of the risks of visiting hospitals often in the current scenario. Other than emotional support, hospitals should be able to handle most situations .
AMG Power is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 15:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

High time this was done, and, for a change, I have to heartily commend the PM, GoI, and some state governments for actions recently commenced.

A thousand Indians will come up with five thousand reasons between them for why they cannot observe this drill. Almost every reason is weak and there can be a workaround for each one that allows the drill to be observed, once each one of us stops thinking of his as the special case meriting exceptions. We also now again see how intelligence and wisdom are very often divorced.

I think that this will offer GoI/state/local governments insight on where to deploy their very limited enforcement resources once the curfew is made a permanent and enforced one. This, to my thinking, is the reason for the drill. If really so, a brilliant idea.

At this time, I see no other alternative to contain the imminent explosion than a mandatory enforced lockdown once the lessons of the drill are available. Perhaps even from Monday.
Sawyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 15:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Traders association has closed Delhi markets till monday. So, I am chilling at home with family. Tomorrow also we plan to stay completely at home except for evening runs in the park just in front of my house. Have cancelled my sunday morning cricket match and evening badminton sessions too. Plan to stay home as much we can with netflix etc to rescue from boredom.
Old 21st March 2020, 16:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
In Mumbai, police have forced to close all shops barring essential ones like medical, grocery and dairy products. This has started since Thursday evening.

Today morning, I was going to my office and literally everything was closed. Some of my colleagues were struggling to get their cigarettes and cutting chai.

But have seen police helping some elders and ladies to get the Autos for their destinations.

if you have to travel to hospital, please keep the hospital pass and some related documents with you while travelling. I'm sure police will help you.

Wishing and Hoping fast recovery of your mom.

Take care of her.
Sachin V.W. is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 19:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Shops were extremely crowded in my area, looks like people are overreacting and are buying month's worth of groceries. With never before rush to get groceries, people are probably exposing themself to serious chance of catching the Virus! defeats the whole purpose of Curfew IMO. When will our people ever learn.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 21st March 2020 at 19:37.
giri1.8 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 19:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Is there any connection of the junta curfew with the expected asteroid passing on the same day??https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroidwatch/widget/
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 21:08   #28
BHPian

A good move by the government and hope it will not be diluted by our citizens. For sure, its a trial by the government and for us, the citizens, to face worse situations in the future. Received a whats app voice message, where a lady says, Govt wants people to stay indoor the entire day because on March 22nd, Sun rays is carrying 4th wave of Corona Virus. Asked the sender to reply back to his/her sender, that, this is a fake message and see if it can reach back to the original sender. Praying God to save these minuscule brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Shops were extremely crowded in my area, looks like people are overreacting and are buying month's worth of groceries..
Guess what, our people have already started community spreading in the disguise of getting ready to community distancing. Yesterday, I found a guy in the nearby super market, who came to buy 1Kg Wheat and left out with 5 Kg wheat, 10 Kg Rice and 2 ltr Oil. He got panicked looking at other shoppers and got him ready. He became poorer by a thousand immediately.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 23:09   #29
BHPian

India in curfew on Sunday, 22nd March from 7 am - 9 pm

A doctor from AIIMs said something like this on ndtv " This virus has a ego problem. It wont come to your house unless you go out and invite it". Stay at home ,stay safe.
hondafanboy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 00:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

It's curfew situation already since this evening. No shops around neighborhood had milk available. Everyone is hoarding milk like there is no tomorrow!

PS - This is situation of Delhi (Prime residential area)
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks