Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 10:55   #5266
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Suggest to just wait it out a littl more. If a duty has to be paid, you will get a notice with details on where/ how to pay. Dont hurry, and try to quicken the delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Wait for at least 10-15 working days before you raise a complaint.
Thanks a lot for your assurance and guidance. Hope it moves soon.
Old 9th March 2017, 11:19   #5267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am pretty sure now that this is some sort of scam/spam messages since all 3 messages are exactly identical word to word but only sent by a different person each time. What will one achieve by doing so??
I understand your concern, but there is nothing to be worried of. The app offers some predefined templates when the interested person tries to contact the buyer, the identical messages are a result of that.
The chat features offer enough privacy and can help screen low ballers and time wasters, any day better than getting inundated with creeps calling and offering you a fraction of the market price.
Old 12th March 2017, 20:03   #5268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Thank you for the info, do they deliver the product or they take time like Aliexpress?
If you choose the free shipping option it takes time, but I feel a bit less than Aliexpress, say 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks.
Old 14th March 2017, 20:48   #5269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Thank you for the info, do they deliver the product or they take time like Aliexpress?
I had ordered three dashboard cams a few years ago from DX. Two of them came in 15-20 days. The third one took almost twice the time.

On 20 Feb, I ordered a small device costing less than $20 including about $1.7 for shipping with tracking.

There has been no tracking update after 22 Feb.

Customer care wants me to be patient for another 2 working weeks.

So, if you really need something quick, this is not the place to buy from, in my view.
Old 14th March 2017, 20:55   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
DealExtreme or dx is reliable. I have used it a few times and found it to be more reliable and easier to use than Aliexpress although the selection is lesser. Their goods ship from Singapore
Thanks that helps, I haven't had good experience with Aliexpress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I had ordered three dashboard cams a few years ago from DX. Two of them came in 15-20 days. The third one took almost twice the time.

So 15-20 days are normal for any delivery, even if the delivery period says 7 to 10 days? Thanks for the information, its helpful.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th March 2017 at 14:34. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 14th March 2017, 22:04   #5271
Distinguished - BHPian

Do folks here think gearbest is a good place to get stuff from? I like that they have this priority shipping line that costs just a dollar more but promises delivery in 10 days.

Any feedback anyone ?

Amazon. Com was flawless. 9 day delivery flat out from the us customs paid. Thanks guys.
Old 14th March 2017, 22:36   #5272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Do folks here think gearbest is a good place to get stuff from? I like that they have this priority shipping line that costs just a dollar more but promises delivery in 10 days.

Any feedback anyone ?

Amazon. Com was flawless. 9 day delivery flat out from the us customs paid. Thanks guys.
Yes, gearbest delivery is faster than counterparts when you choose priority line option. Note that priority line charges vary, they are not always a dollar. Recently I ordered Viofo dashcam from gearbest and priority line charges were around $7. So I chose just registered mail with tracking which I believe will take approx 2-3 weeks to deliver.

I found gearbest prices a bit on higher side when compared to aliexpress. But periodically we do get better deals on gearbest.
Old 14th March 2017, 23:47   #5273
BHPian

I had ordered a couple of Xiaomi pistons from GearBest during a flash sale. Reached me in under 10 days.

Funny thing: They were shipped from Delhi (or Gurgaon)!

Do they have a warehouse here? If yes, that would save me a lot of customs.
Old 17th March 2017, 16:01   #5274
Senior - BHPian

I ordered something (a game, actually) from Amazon, and the the status was updated to "delivered" a few days ago, when infact I had not received it. I checked the tracker only when I received the SMS update the following day. Took it up over chat with customer care, and they assured me that they will look it up and escalate to the delivery team. Couple of days since, I again contacted customer care only to hear the same lines being parroted by a different agent. Now they even want me to wait for "up to 10 days" for the next update as their internal investigations team checks what happened. My first poor experience with Amazon, and I am slowly losing hope of a positive resolution.
Old 17th March 2017, 18:01   #5275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I ordered something (a game, actually) from Amazon, and the the status was updated to "delivered" a few days ago, when infact I had not received it.
Very odd that's its taken days to resolve. Was it fulfilled by Amazon, and was the delivery partner ATS (Amazon Transportation Services)?

I hope you've not paid in advance (although if you're anything like me, you probably would have!)

Quote:
Yes, it was fulfilled by amazon and shipped using ATS as well.
Wow, so that's quite a screw-up, especially given it is totally in-house! Do keep us posted to the outcome.

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th March 2017 at 18:11.
Old 17th March 2017, 18:09   #5276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Very odd that's its taken days to resolve. Was it fulfilled by Amazon, and was the delivery partner ATS (Amazon Transportation Services)?

I hope you've not paid in advance (although if you're anything like me, you probably would have!)
Yes, it was fulfilled by amazon and shipped using ATS as well. And I have already paid for it too!
Old 17th March 2017, 19:52   #5277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post

I found gearbest prices a bit on higher side when compared to aliexpress. But periodically we do get better deals on gearbest.
Yeah, but the selection on gearbest is not very vast...it's getting there though.
Old 19th March 2017, 09:07   #5278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ordered something (a game, actually) from Amazon, and the the status was updated to "delivered" a few days ago, when infact I had not received it...
An update : The package was delivered yesterday, after 9 PM , which I find a bit unusual. Was not asked to sign for it, infact the guy simply handed over the package and left in a huff.
Old 19th March 2017, 09:34   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
I had ordered a couple of Xiaomi pistons

Funny thing: They were shipped from Delhi (or Gurgaon)!
Hi akshaymahajan :

Since I have had two fake piston headset bought offline, can tell you they are very difficult to distinguish, even the music quality is top class, but less life.

http://en.miui.com/thread-154254-1-1.html
Old 24th March 2017, 13:01   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Wait for at least 10-15 working days before you raise a complaint.
There is not progress on my parcel. Still shows in Mumbai customs.
where can i lodge my complaint?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks