Old 5th May 2021, 10:29   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Almost got fined for not wearing a mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Can this get more illogical?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I know this is a rhetorical question, but yes, it already has.
The various restrictions, rules, exemptions, enforcement, et all have been very illogical and inconsistent for over a year now. And with the panic that's building now, it's going to get worse.

Lots of people just don't understand science, they just want to be told what to do. And if it confirms their biases or their half-baked ideas of what is going on, then even better!

The government enforces restrictions or allows exemptions to suit their own ends, pander to their own vote banks. The opposition also asks for increased illogical restrictions, not because they care about saving lives, but just to score points against the government. The government has no choice but to go along or be accused of doing nothing later. The media just amplifies whatever headline they think will grab the most eyeballs.

Last edited by am1m : 5th May 2021 at 10:31.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 11:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Recently, I had this fellow resident in my apartment complex tell me to put my mask on as both people had to wear it to make it effective. Crazy people like him should stay indoors, however, they have no trouble visiting a store with 10 others....
They're called covidiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The various restrictions, rules, exemptions, enforcement, et all have been very illogical and inconsistent for over a year now. And with the panic that's building now, it's going to get worse. The government enforces restrictions or allows exemptions to suit their own ends, pander to their own vote banks.
Doesn't justify politicians taking medical decisions, same also by courts. No wonder there's chaos.
Zen2001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 11:54   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Doesn't justify politicians taking medical decisions, same also by courts. No wonder there's chaos.
Absolutely doc, I agree completely. Politicians trying to solve a medical crisis through law enforcement and minute control is the reason why things are the way they are. (And our immense population too, that no one seems to address in the media.)

What I meant was when everyone, almost all people who have the privilege of making their opinions heard (especially those who can afford to ride out these restrictions in comfort at home) is all for the illogical restrictions, ANY government will naturally go along, however illogical they may be.

(Even now, you'll see people respond emotionally to these posts with "so what should we let people die?!" "doing something is better than nothing!" Without understanding that doing "something" that doesn't really help reduce the spread doesn't make sense, except to show that we're doing "something"!)

Last edited by am1m : 5th May 2021 at 11:56.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 21:02   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
(Even now, you'll see people respond emotionally to these posts with "so what should we let people die?!" "doing something is better than nothing!" Without understanding that doing "something" that doesn't really help reduce the spread doesn't make sense, except to show that we're doing "something"!)
How true, how true! Reminds me of this - written by a senior doctor (radiologist) - Indian medicine is simply the "art of doing something" even when doing nothing would have worked better. It's a form of "matka - medicine". Here is the link -
https://www.matkamedicine.com/p/doingsomething

Podcast link -
.https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...Z3NvbWV0aGluZw

And another insightful one comparing treatment costs of mild covid in the US and India - which one would be cheaper? Find out!
https://www.matkamedicine.com/p/covid19rx

This is the link to the complete index of topics - telling the truth as it is with some satire.
https://www.matkamedicine.com/p/index
Zen2001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks