Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 16:02   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Octavia crash near Ramanagara (Mysore Rd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
PROMOTE MOTORSPORTS to parents .
Well said .. Not by banning motorsports across the city (wrt to bangalore here) .. Thats why we have invites to track day here .. Latest news is that a skoda octavia carrying 4 people crahsed in the wee hours of the morning today at maddur ccd or close .. Driver and two others (im told) died on spot , 1 passenger is paralyzed .. They must all be under twenty two .. I think it could be Drunken Driving .. However nothing has been confirmed yet ..
Old 28th April 2007, 16:26   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Well said .. Not by banning motorsports across the city (wrt to bangalore here) .. Thats why we have invites to track day here .. Latest news is that a skoda octavia carrying 4 people crahsed in the wee hours of the morning today at maddur ccd or close .. Driver and two others (im told) died on spot , 1 passenger is paralyzed .. They must all be under twenty two .. I think it could be Drunken Driving .. However nothing has been confirmed yet ..
Another sad incident .... which again gets us back to the point of WHY ??? people say rich parents thus spoilt children , not realising that there are deaths of poor parents-poor children who race on their cycles and have accidents , just that we dont hear about them . Racing is in the genes of most boyz , and we can't stop that . Its something that is learnt by themselves , or maybe if the eklders at home do a good job of explaining stuff .

So when such things happen ... all we can do is pray for the near and dear ones . Till it happens again some place else .
Old 28th April 2007, 18:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest news is that a skoda octavia carrying 4 people crahsed in the wee hours of the morning today at maddur ccd or close .. Driver and two others (im told) died on spot , 1 passenger is paralyzed .. They must all be under twenty two .. I think it could be Drunken Driving .. However nothing has been confirmed yet ..
We spoke about this..

The girl is a very close friend of mine.Just the previous day i was talking about her to v1p3r.She had an amzing future,...Elite model management saw her and picked her up..she won the Indrananagar club beauty pagent.A futer lawer with big ambitions.She was Such an amazing person...rank holder.Now shes no more.Im still in shock...in tears..im going to the house now.

The other two are even dearer friends of mine..one being my classmate and the other a senior at my school.

Its really hard to bear the news for almost every student in bangalore.They all knew these three girls.They were infact promoting redbull at Ashokas yesterday night and im sure the guys who meet up at ashokas would have seen them.

Its easy to talk how this should have been done and that could have been prevented etc.But you will only keep Quiet when you lose someone who is close to you.

Enough is enough.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th April 2007 at 05:43. Reason: matter sorted
Old 28th April 2007, 23:56   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

The driver was drunk .. Infact he shared the very same bottle of rum that we had purchased at sutra's ..While the 3 of us returned home the rest sped off to maddur and at about 180 in a octavia tdi he misjudged a turn and went into an electrical pole .. Neither of them had worn the seatbelts , which resulted in spot death and the passengers behind too suffered quite a lot of injuries .. Police reports say that the car underbody was found parallel to the pole and was resting off it ..

He used to study abroad and had come down to surprise his parents for their 25th wedding anniversary .. And this happened .. Close friends and relatives actually say its better he had not worn speed belts or else he would either have gotten killed by the mob or by the parents of the girls who succumbed to death or injuries or would have commited suicide with the guilt itself .. What a waste of life , anyhow may their souls rest in peace and wishing a speedy recovery (if any) to the others as well ..

Last edited by ported_head : 1st May 2007 at 23:10.
Old 29th April 2007, 00:41   #5
BHPian

Got the news of the Octavia crash,and was quite shocked,and reading Binz's post on the other persons details iam furious myself.

One girl who got spinal injuries is said to be paralysed for life,I got this from her neighbour in Indranagar. Since i knew the driver of the car well when he was in India,I would just say he made OTHERS pay a very heavy price for what(if he survived this)he would have dubbed a "Normal" road incident.
Old 29th April 2007, 05:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

May they rest in peace, and may their families and friends find the strength to pull through these times.

I think this thread should be locked, for fear of another age war.
Old 29th April 2007, 06:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

How old were these people involved?

I dont see why there should be any age war. Facts are facts and statistics dont lie. Some teens are responsible and some are not. It dosent make sense to ban teens from driving and neither does it make sense to simply ignore the issue..but something needs to be done for the progress of society.
Old 29th April 2007, 06:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well, just to set the record straight, the person driving was not a teenager. He was in his mid-20s, rest his soul.
Old 29th April 2007, 08:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. What a waste of life , .
He was known to me also... May their soul rest in peace.. Also MCL.. accidents happen.. I dont think telling all this makes a difference.. Everyone loves to drive fast.. .. You should accept the fate and live on man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well, just to set the record straight, the person driving was not a teenager. He was in his mid-20s, rest his soul.

Godfather
Old 29th April 2007, 08:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

The dreams & aspirations of their parents who have lovingly nurtured these kids for so many years have just gone out of the window in one moment of madness when the driver thought he was in control which he obviously wasn't. Surely, no one can say this was an accident, this was stupidity at its worst. Feel so sad for the parents of the kids who have died.
Old 29th April 2007, 09:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well, accidents do happen, and will continue to. What we can try and reduce is the incidence and the impact of these. I don't know if its true, but the TOI reported that all occupants were thrown out of the car when it failed to negotiate the sharp right curve at Ramnagaram. I've been caught out once at the same place (the road seems to go straight but the actual highway is a sharp curve to the right) but since I was passing through a town, had dropped to 60 and thankfully course corrected quite easily. And wearing seat belts here would have reduced the impact majorly.

1 more resolution : no highway drives without anyone in my car NOT wearing seatbelts - my parents often argue out of it. If they do (you cannot win all arguments with everyone all the time, unfortunately) I'm dropping speed to sub-50 for sure.

Also, if you're always driving on the edge of your and the car's and the road's capabilities, you're likely to go over it occasionally. Recognising and staying put at 80% is important - and shall try and do this more consciously.

I'm nowhere close to being a teenager, and yet cannot deny taking the occasional (and needless) risk and driving passengers without seatbelts at 3 digit speeds. Gotta improve.
Old 29th April 2007, 10:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
1 more resolution : no highway drives without anyone in my car NOT wearing seatbelts - my parents often argue out of it. If they do (you cannot win all arguments with everyone all the time, unfortunately) I'm dropping speed to sub-50 for sure.
Nice... generally when this happens.. I stop the car and dont move it till they wear a seat belt.. In my car.. It is Mandatory to wear a seatbelt..

Godfather
Old 29th April 2007, 10:28   #13
Jay
BHPian

Heard about the accident and it was shocking...
May the souls of the deceased rest in peace and wish the injured a speedy recovery.

The following details was given in the TOI ( Sunday Times ) News Paper.

The deceased are Tanvi Rao (17) and Amudan Mani (24)
The injured are Meghana (17), Srilakshmi (17) and Archana (17)

Amudan was driving a car belonging to a Family friend, Tanvi was in the front seat and the accident happened at 3:15am near Ramanagaram.

"At the entrance of Ramanagarm, there is a blind curve. One road leads to the town and the other is the highway leading to Mysore. Though none of them were drunk, Amudan was overspeeding. He lost control near the curve and rammed into the median and an electric pole. Tanvi died on the spot and Amudan died in the hospital. All of them were thrown out of the car."

Amudan was well known to one of my close friend since childhood...

Last edited by Jay : 29th April 2007 at 10:30.
Old 29th April 2007, 10:38   #14
BHPian

Rash driving kills 2 more

2 killed, 3 hurt in car mishap

2 killed, 3 hurt in car mishap - Deccan Herald - Internet Edition

Octavia taking a curve at high speed lost conrol and killed 2..4 girls and one boy were on a joy ride after a party at 3 AM..

Last edited by w 12 : 29th April 2007 at 10:40.
Old 29th April 2007, 10:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Accidents are just that. Accidents. The person who was driving when it happened did not intend it to happen. That said, the fact that he should have acted responsibly by driving safely, and insisting on seatbelts remains.

All the blame we put on the driver is post fact. He is no more now. He has paid the price for his carelessness. Let us let his soul rest in peace.

And let us learn from this tragedy. And the other accidents that seem to be happening almost daily now. It really is depressing to see so many people young and old dying so early.

Last edited by hydrashok : 29th April 2007 at 10:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks