Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 17:39   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR

Noticed a spanking new outlet called Hangla's at Market #1, Chittaranjan Park, so we dropped in to try it out. I'd recommend it as highly avoidable.

Bad food is one thing, but rude behaviour when a one complains, leaves an even worse taste in the mouth.

We ordered Chicken *Tikia* Rolls, and what a rip-off it was! Expected this to be Chicken *Tikka* Rolls (perhaps a misprint in the menu), but it turned out to be a powdery filling of - guess what! - *sattu* / *chhatu* (lentil powder) - tossed over a tawa with sliced onions. No chicken, not even any flavour of it - the rolls tasted of burnt lentils. The ghastliest-tasting rolls we have EVER had in our lives - and that, considering we are great fans of rolls, says a lot!

When we complained at the counter, the cook who had prepared the rolls told us that *tikia* is made with *sattu*, and this is how Chicken (and Mutton) Tikia Rolls taste - we had no business complaining! Shocked at his extremely rude response, we decided to walk away and consign the rest of the uneaten rolls to the trash can.

Good luck to Hangla's in their efforts to dupe unsuspecting customers with weird distasteful concoctions they call Rolls. The market offers enough other options for us never to want to try this outlet again.

Interestingly, we met samarth.bhatia there - or rather, he identified me from pics and introduced himself!
Old 26th September 2013, 18:35   #542
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
considering we are great fans of rolls, says a lot!
Ah, and where do we get the best roles ?

PS : The ones I love are the tried and trusted ones - Khan Chacha & Nizaam - but I am sure there are hidden gems.

Any meat will do.
Old 26th September 2013, 18:38   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

PS : The ones I love are the tried and trusted ones - Khan Chacha & Nizaam - but I am sure there are hidden gems.

Any meat will do.
The first thing that started me off on rajinder's were the rolls.
The kebab rolls are absolute bliss.
Old 26th September 2013, 18:47   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Usually Bollywood, but the rolls at Chowringhee (Satya Niketan, opposite Venky's) are some of the best we've had in Delhi. Of course, you'll need to come along with me to Kolkata once for good stuff - but then we'd need to move over to another thread!
Old 27th September 2013, 09:12   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Usually Bollywood, but the rolls at Chowringhee (Satya Niketan, opposite Venky's) are some of the best we've had in Delhi. Of course, you'll need to come along with me to Kolkata once for good stuff - but then we'd need to move over to another thread!
How unfair! in the private forum for mods and d bhpians, the rules don't apply?
Old 27th September 2013, 12:59   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...another thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
...private forum for mods and d bhpians...
Not the private forum, manolin, but this thread.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:52   #547
BHPian

Try Rollmall at Defence Colony market.

Quote:

Any meat will do.
Old 29th October 2013, 09:28   #548
BHPian

Quote:

Any meat will do.
If you are okay with eating in NOIDA, i would highly recommend Rollsking. They are slightly more expensive than the road side stalls, but really worth it.

Also, for eating out late in NOIDA, there is a 24x7 dhaba serving mughlai food, its exactly below the sector 18 metro station and is called Gulati's Punjabi Swad.
Old 20th July 2014, 01:46   #549
BHPian

If people can manage to go to lal kuaan, there is a kebab wala at the corner of a lane (can be identified by the crowd around his joint). What a lip smacking mouth watering kebabs and romali roti rolls.
MUST GO for non veg bhpians!
Also if people have liking for nahari then there is an outlet in the same lane some 200 mtrs inside on right hand serving great nahari.

A location pointer is chawri bazaar metro station.
Old 20th July 2014, 01:50   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Apart from Old Delhi & Batla house (Zakir Nagar),Beef Biryani is available at plenty of locations across Delhi/NCR.Jotting down few places that crossed my mind.

1,Kalkaji
2,Tughlakabad Extn.
3,Hazrat Nizamuddin.

Waseem.
I would like to correct it here... bade ki biryani means buffalo meat and not beef.

Well if somebody can manage to go to that area there is a great restaurant by the name Al Nawaz which serves special biryani which I bet one can nowhere. Nowhere means Nowhere!
Old 26th July 2014, 07:52   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
If people can manage to go to lal kuaan, there is a kebab wala at the corner of a lane (can be identified by the crowd around his joint). What a lip smacking mouth watering kebabs and romali roti rolls.
MUST GO for non veg bhpians!
Also if people have liking for nahari then there is an outlet in the same lane some 200 mtrs inside on right hand serving great nahari.

A location pointer is chawri bazaar metro station.

That's moinnudin kebab stall. It is bang opposite hamdard dawakhana. He starts around 6/7 in evening and makes buff kebabs. The shop name is sangam biryani corner. Probably the best place to have kebabs in that area.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 27th July 2014, 02:46   #552
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 28th July 2014 at 10:42.
Old 27th July 2014, 09:01   #553
Team-BHP Support

Can Recommend " Nashta " for Delivery or Pick up in Gurgaon. Absolutely amazing 5 Star preparations

http://www.zomato.com/ncr/nashta-gol...e-road-gurgaon
Old 1st September 2014, 16:36   #554
Senior - BHPian

Restaurant: Tandoori Village - TGIP Mall, Sector 38, Noida

This isn't a review of the food on offer, but of their ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS SERVICE AND BEHAVIOUR.

We (a group of 4 children, 3 ladies and 4 guys), called up ahead and asked for seating for 10 people, which was confirmed on the phone.

So we went and were asked to wait on a couch which could seat about 5 people. After about 15 minutes of waiting quietly, we spotted a table which had been vacated, and with no customers waiting in queue, one of the guys from our group just went and sat at that table while waiting.

This was apparently too much for the restaurant's manager, who rudely asked the guy to leave the table. Even after explaining to him that the intention wasn't to occupy the table, the manager continued speaking rudely.

In order to avoid inconveniencing the guests who were having dinner, WE requested the manager to speak outside the door.
Once outside the manager became louder and more aggressive. He was also displaying a very aggressive body language (pulling up his coat sleeves slightly and flexing his upper body).

Finally, I asked him, whether he is going to serve a group of 10 or not, and he replied with a FLAT NO!
So, we were insulted, harassed and booted out of the restaurant after about 20 minutes of waiting. And this was a group with ladies and kids!

Have you guys ever heard of anything worse than this?
Old 1st September 2014, 17:02   #555
CDM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Restaurant: Tandoori Village - TGIP Mall, Sector 38, Noida

This isn't a review of the food on offer, but of their ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS SERVICE AND BEHAVIOUR.
That's too bad. I have not been to Tandoori Village for some time now but I remember that this was one of our favourite joints when it opened a few years back. Used to have top class service and food back then. The owner used to personally around those days and maybe that was the reason for the excellent service.

CDM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks