Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 15:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

1. Nizams- Double Chicken single egg kathi kabab roll.
2. Big Chill - Really nice food, love the posters on the wall

Ate at Karims after hearing a lot about it but was kind of dissapointed. The food was too oily and not really upto the mark.

Everyone reccomends Khan Chachas food though iv never got a chance to eat there.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
In the not so cheap our favorite is
1. Pandara road Gulati's
2. Yo china

tsk1979,

Expensive or not, I fail to understand how can Yo China be anybody's idea of gastronomic delight . no offenses though

I will add my list of favourites in a day's time..all this talk of yummy food joints is making me hungry & I gotta finish work urgently!

cheers
Old 25th May 2007, 16:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

How come you guys missed the following !!!
  • Sanjha Chulha - one of the service lanes behind Kailash Colony market. Although they also have a restaurant, somehow the food tastes better standing outside or in the car. Hygienic and excellent service. Try the Chicken Kalmi.
  • Chik Fish in Malviya Nagar - THE place for good non-veg food. My favorite - Chicken Adraki Murg.
  • 24/7 in M-block GK II - The place to hang out after a late Friday/ Saturday Night out.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Expensive or not, I fail to understand how can Yo China be anybody's idea of gastronomic delight . no offenses though
You can say that again.

OT:
But Yo! China does bring back fond memories - If you want to become an expert in chopsticks - Yo! China wins hands down - practice on their Honey Chilli Potatoes.

Last edited by manveet : 25th May 2007 at 16:18.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

1)Kebab Factory in radison hotel and punjabi bagh

2)More than parantha in FBD

3) Ipsha Chicken Corner NIT Faridabad (butter chicken)

4) Chickenette Sec 15 Faridabad

5) Billo Lassi wala NIT Faridabad
Old 25th May 2007, 16:16   #21
BHPian

Flavors

Hey,

Some More joint

1. Flavors - Defence colony,
2. Chick Fish - Malviya nagar

And there is another roll joint in south ex i forget the name.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:26   #22

Quote:
3. Noida Sector 19 Brahmaputra complex (Great street food, rolls and such)
Just for correction.. its in sector 29.
Adding to this list..
-> Pearl regency -- Very good food and good ambiance with live Music (On request also) Sector -29, Ganga Shopping Complex.

->For home delivery and Take away- For sector 50 and around, Peshawari, Lahori. Good muglai food.
->Sector 18 Market- Moti Mahal, Karims,Kebab Factory,Punjabi By Nature,Sagar Ratna.
Old 25th May 2007, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
3. Noida Sector 19 Brahmaputra complex (Great street food, rolls and such)
As sanrys already said, it is in Sec. 29.

Quote:
5. Laxmi's cafe : Authentic Chennai food. Very bad on ambience, but even the famous south indian resturants of NCR do not serve such food. Its the actual south indian food, owned by a Tamil dude, all cooks also from south. Yummy mysore masala dosa and Chow chow bath. But beware there is 30-45 minutes waiting even on weekdays if you go at 9pm.
This is the one in Brhamaputra Complex, no? It's food is really good. I will place it much above than expensive Sagara Ratna, or any other famous south indian restaurant.

My additions -

1. Kake da hotel - I just love the food here. Admittedly the place is not most hygeininc and the ambience leaves a lot to be desired.

2. Chandani chowk's paranthe vaali gali - Take my word for it. You are not going to get paranthas better anywhere else.

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 25th May 2007 at 17:11.
Old 25th May 2007, 18:13   #24
BHPian

I could write endlessly on this subject,

Of the places not mentioned here as yet and amongst my favorites are:

1. Colonel Kebabz- Defence colony Market: Most this are great here but the Sheekh Kebabs and Murgh Hariyali tikka are to die for.

2. Flavors-Defence colony, Under Moolchand Flyover: One of the first places to offer home style italian food and is forever expanding in size.

3. Buzz- Pvr Saket: Probably the only place in NCR which rocks every single day of the week.

4. TGIF (Priya Complex)- Excellent Cocktails and even better tex mex food, the happy hours are the best here.

5. Gymkahna Club: Restricted to members (who can get friends along) but definitely the place to be especially on thursday evenings.

6. Aqua (at the Park,CP) - Simply The pretteist place we got in NCr!!!! What with a poolside bar, cabana's and beach chairs. Pizzas to die for and excellent cocktails.

There are many more and ill write about them soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2007 at 03:24. Reason: please don't use text formatting tags
Old 25th May 2007, 18:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
If you want to become an expert in chopsticks - Yo! China wins hands down -
I beg to differ, unfortunately Yo China serves terrible terrible chopsticks, extremely poor quality. No balance and awful grip. Please do not practice using these. You'll be disillusioned.
Old 25th May 2007, 19:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

B&T, the fish corner is called Paramjit Machhi Wala; its quite famous and is in Moti Nagar (next to Natraj - now FUN cinemas)

These days, am fond of 4 places that I frequent:

1. GOLA Westend- Rajouri Garden - The sizzlers; chicken beliram and chicken biryani;
2. KARIMS - Kamla nagar & Inderlok - Chicken/Mutton Stew, Biryani and Pakistani Rotis;
3. Dhabas at Murthal (on NH1 after sonipat) - only Veg - dal/kadi/aloo gobhi coupled with stuff paranthas.
4. All time favorite Hot & Crispy KFC.

To be honest, I dont like chicken biryani at Al Kauser & deez....though served traditionally, they lack the punch of a pakistani/awadhi biryani., to me they are very very feeki!

am leaving office right now....I feel hungry!
Old 25th May 2007, 19:33   #27
BHPian

Has anyone added Rajender da dhaba at Green park to the list. Good non veg and pretty reasonable. Though its fully crowded and some people may not like it but its on my list for sure.
There are two wine shops near this dhaba, so one can take booze from there but its not allowed.
I am hungry now
Old 25th May 2007, 19:42   #28
BHPian

My Suggestions, since all the other places are taken, here are some of the great food joints at moderate prices..!

1) Paratha wala-Moolchand Flyover- Vikram Hotel- Anda,Aloo,Gobhi,Paneer,Pyaz,Mix..Raita @ 8 , 5 , 6 , 12 , 6

2)Rajinder Da Dhaba- Safdar jung Enclave- Chicken curry, fried fish,Seekh kabab,Roomali,Naan,Rolls,Roasted Chicken,Tandoori etc etc @ 35 per plate for chicken curry, 3 for Naan-Roomali.

3) Galina- Gole Market- All chicken dishes fresh from its own Poultry Farm- Speciality Afgani and Grilled Chicken

4) Keventers Milkshake- Pocket B Inner Circle CP Next to wenger pastry.

5) Gopal Jee Chole Bhatura and Ice-Cream - Govindpuri Kalkaji...Just amazing Paneer Bhaturas.

6) Chacha Chole Bhatura, Kamla Nagar Market-North Campus- Just like above.

7) Al-Bake- NFC- Not a great place to sit, But good shawarma's grilled in chicken fat.

8) Nizams Kathi roll- CP Outer circle and Kathi roll wala at Sec 18 Noida- Amazing Kathi Rolls..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 25th May 2007 at 19:45.
Old 25th May 2007, 20:11   #29
BHPian

Some inputs from my end...

Kaventers - CP/Karol Bagh... good for shakes, ice creams, othe snacks.

Wenger - CP.. Awesome for all kinds of cakes, pastries, burgers, paties, everythg out there is awesome ..
Old 25th May 2007, 21:42   #30
BHPian

Adding my 5 cents
1) GOLAs CP - Excellent sizzlers
2) Not Just Paranthas - GK-2
3) Moetz - Defence Colony
4) Yellow Chillies - Sec-18 Noida
5) Paranthas at Moolchand

Most Viewed