Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 13:23   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I know Sam, I was just conforming whether it is still sealed or not.

Yes, Sam they were one of the first ones in Delhi, quite good I believe.
About to open up again

Quote:
Good, thanks for the tips gotta check out this places, soon!!!
great sushi
Old 29th May 2007, 13:25   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Hey tsk, you sure about that?
Once in every few days there is a raid and the dhaba closes down, only to rise from the ashes, just like Phoenix
With supreme court orders, I guess the "razing" will get more frequent.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Here is my input, apparently being a BIG food buff.

2. Culinaire - The road-side restaurant in GK II - Chilled out with amazing chicken satay and green/red Thai curry (went there last night for the 3rd time this month)
the thai food here is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEElicious but the home delivery is AWFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
3. Golden Dragon - Gurgaon - Must eat the prawns and spare ribs, LIP SMACKING!
Gurgaon outlet is the best one ,,,, lajpat nagar had gone down considerable in quality
Old 29th May 2007, 13:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Where is the Golden Dragon Outlet in GGN.. location
My experience with Golden dragon Hauz Khas was horrible.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
the mall next to bristol the one where no other mall is .. i think it is called DT
Old 29th May 2007, 14:09   #66
BHPian

I guess it is called Mega Mall. If you take left from sikandarpur towards DLF golf course, just opposite to DLF Phase I.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:25   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the more enjoyable evenings I've had at Delhi was at a restobar called QBA at CP. It's pronounced KEW-BA, like Cuba. Unlike what some people think lol.

The food is nice, Indian, but firangi style indian. Clean, not oily, 5 star restaurant style Indian food. Good to take visitors to. The DJ is nice and the music loud. But what I really love is their open air terrace, upstairs overlooking the CP inner circle park. BEEEYOOOTIFUL by night and perfect to take that special lady to.
If you like the open air, that is.

You can get up with your drink and stand, resting your drink on the wall and stare at the lights. Very romantic.

When you call for a table, ask for the terrace. It's always occupied.

QBA- 011-41512888

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th May 2007 at 14:26.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I guess it is called Mega Mall. If you take left from sikandarpur towards DLF golf course, just opposite to DLF Phase I.

That's correct, its in the DT Mega Mall, on the Golf Course Road (before DELL)

Just went to their food court tonight to eat a Cheese Pepperoni Pizza (with EXTRAAA pepperoni ) from Domingoes!

BTW, this Golden Dragon is by par the best branch you can go to. They too have the open dining facility but not a good idea in this weather alteast.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:46   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
the thai food here is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEElicious but the home delivery is AWFUL
No idea about the delivery bud (wish they delivered to my place)
But the food is actually amazing and the good part is that the place is so chilled out.

Quote:

Oh man, this place brings back memories, I used to have dinner very, very often at Kabila about a decade or so back! There used to be live music & the food was good too! Haven't been there for atleast the past 11 years or so, maybe I need to go sometime now!

I actually like their Thai outlet more, awesome Thai food & very good decor too!
Kabila's food became pretty messed up for a few years though. Its just the Dal and Reshmi that keeps taking me back there!!

Yup, Ego Thai is very good food (pad thai is nice), but I was mostly pretty drunk from the adjoining Lounge to actually realise how the food was
Hey Ishan, does the cigar shop still exist out there?
Old 29th June 2007, 15:17   #70
BHPian

Kasbah at N block GK! .... nice place for indian food......

any one try moksha ? great place located above pebble street
Old 5th September 2007, 05:07   #71
BHPian

Any more new/nice places guys? Eager to try some place new with good food.
How is the new club/lounge place called Tabularasa (sp?)

Come on Delhi boys!
Old 5th September 2007, 13:26   #72
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody been to a place called Alive with live music at C.P.? Its just opened i believe and fab!!
Old 5th September 2007, 14:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Not yet, I'll put it on the list though!
Old 8th September 2007, 12:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Now how in the he** did I miss this thread or not be a part of this. I am after all one of the biggest Food Junkie / Hogger / Food Lover / Born to eat sorts -

Hehehe, I am a born foodie - I have been in Delhi half my life and still frequent there most weekends. So i have been to endless number of places In delhi, In fact I have been to most of the places mentioned in these last 4 pages of this thread, the only places I do not visit are the new so called Pubs , Discs, Bars etc. I feel they rob you ( 4k for a dinner for 2 !!! )

Anyways - coming back to the main topic - I ma posting a few of my favourite haunts in Delhi - ( Not in any order, just posting randomly as they come to my mind )

Nirula's - this is still one of delhi's oldest fast food eating joints, have been going here since a Kid, Simply love their - Mutton Saugage Pizza, Chicken / Mutton Chop with Coleslaw, Almond Praline Ice cream - yum !! Def Colony Nirulas bring back fond old memories.

Kake ka Dhaba / National Restaurant - Outer Circle CP - How could you have missed these ?? Still one of the cheapest places to eat food in delhi and the location is killer, cnnot get better than this !! I love their Circa'd Onions, Butter Chicken, meat Kofta, Brain Curry & Paranthas !!! Yumm !!

Keventer's - Inner Circle Cp - Aboslutely divine Shakes & Cassatta Ice Cream

DePauls' - very very good chicken sandwiches & cold coffee. Very cheap as well.

Wengers - one of the best bakeries in town !!

Maxim's - again a fairly good bakery in Kailash Colony GK.

Nizaam's - Outer Circle CP - great rolls & kebabs - always full !!

Volga - not for food, but cheap booze, and location is again excellent !! 80 rs for a beer !! HAaha

Kwality Express - DT Mall gurgaon, Top Floor, next to Mojos - Ok food for the price, their chinese combos are better than Yo china's.

Sagar Ratna / Coco Palm - good S.Indian in Dt mall gurgaon.

Saanjha Choola - Gurgaon - good take away !!

3F's - Gurgaon galleria - very very good, ranks high in my perosnal fav list of takeaways, deliveries of mughlai food.

Delhi Gymkhana - I am reciprocal member here, so love their sizzlers and conti food.

Moets - Good Sizzlers here in Def Col.

All Chawla Chick in's - they are good for booze along i the car

these were the cheap places, good sit down and family places in next post .. cheers & bon apetit
Old 8th September 2007, 12:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

Now to a bit more good places or sit down places -

Golden Dragon - Very good chinese !! One of the oldest in Delhi. They still have the best American Chopsuey.

Pind balluchi - A very different place in Gurgaon. I liked their ambience a lot when it initially opened a few yrs back, have not been there in ages.

Kareems - I need not say anything !!!

Uppal's Orchid - Very nice Sprts Bar ( with happy hours ), Their Buffet is great !! Very very tasty and good variety. I get 30 % Discount so I am there more than twice a month.

Raddisson - Kebab Factory - I used to go there very often at one time, but not been there long, was a nice place at one time. I found their Biryani quite Yum !!

3C's Lajpat Nagar Food Court - I do not know about you guys but out of all the Food Courts I have been to in delhi / ncr, this one always makes me come back. Maybe it is because of the terrace garden they have, their food quality is also very good.

Bercos - Noida & CP - Great Chinese again - Prawn Platter / Combo & Root Beer - a must have.

Moti Mahal - Very good muglai food.

Bisque - Bakery in front of Sahara Mall in Gurgaon - very nice cute little bakery - has some excellent Salads and Suasage Puff's . Also good Lasagne they serve. Hmmmm..

Piccadilly - CP - Ok Place, food is good, but I felt could have been better for that price. Is this place still there ???

Geoffreys' Ansal Plaza - now moved to Saket Mall - Great Pizzaz - Excellent Lunch offers - 4 course menus for 350 rs. Good ambience too.

Veda - Rohit Bals Restaurant in CP - Great food, best food I have ever had !!! Expensive though !!!

TGIF / Ruby Tuesday - Good mexican food, these places are all over delhi - they are fairly expensive now. happy hrs are good. Nachos / Fajitas are well made here.

More to come later on - secret haunts still left !!!! Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks