Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2007, 15:02   #76
BHPian

Thats one big list vkochar.

Quote:
Keventer's - Inner Circle Cp - Aboslutely divine Shakes & Cassatta Ice Cream
It is open till midnight. CP from Gurgaon with friends just for Milk Shakes at times.
Quote:
Saanjha Choola - Gurgaon - good take away !!
Where is it in gurgaon?
Quote:
Bercos - Noida & CP - Great Chinese again - Prawn Platter / Combo & Root Beer - a must have.
Root beer is must. They have a branch in Gurgaon but it comes nowhere close to CP branch in terms of food.

Have you tried Hari Chutney in Gurgaon( branch of one outside PVR saket)? They have recently opened up an outlet in sushant lok market.

Where do you get chicken momos in gurgaon? I go to chanakya's or rajouri market whenever I feel like eating them.

Last edited by horsepower : 8th September 2007 at 15:04.
Old 8th September 2007, 15:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

@horsepower - This list is nothing , keep an eye on my forthcoming list - that will be a much better one

Dana Choga & Not Sanjha Choola - I am Sorry !!! My Bad !! It was '' Dana Choga '' I always get confused with these 2 names. Dana Choga was located in DLF Phase 1 Market, nevertheless was a very good place.

Bercos - I agree !!!

No I have not tried Hari Chutney - will do next time I visit my flat in gurgaon.

Actually I used to get chicken momos in gurgaon from 2 places - one was in DlF phase 1 Market - there used to be Momos shop. Good stuff there ( Do not know if it is still there ) and the other used to be outside Convergss & GE - opposite the golf course ( Lip smacking Momos ). I used to stay in Princeton Apartments that time. Now I have a flat in Malibu Towne !!

Most of the places I have mentioned in the NCR area I do not know if they are still there as I used to stay in gurgaon 3 yrs back, and used to eat at these places all the time. Delhi places I visit very frequently till today. ( in fact 3 days back )

BTW - how is Tabularasa ?? I have a family / friends party on 21st Sep !! Someone else footing the bill

Last edited by vkochar : 8th September 2007 at 15:28.
Old 8th September 2007, 15:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Best place to get chicken MOMOS in Delhi is the Sarojini Nagar market (That Chinese food van )

Last edited by DCEite : 8th September 2007 at 15:42.
Old 8th September 2007, 15:51   #79
BHPian

DCEIte, i have had momos there several times. They are good and his sause is very hot. You need a bisleri along with momos to gulp them down.
Old 8th September 2007, 15:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
DCEIte, i have had momos there several times. They are good and his sause is very hot. You need a bisleri along with momos to gulp them down.

But that hot sause is what makes them interesting . My first ever experience with momos was in that place only.
Old 8th September 2007, 16:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

Another of my favourite few Places in Delhi / NCR - These are my personal ones ( some of you may have been here or may not ). Describing the address as best as possible.

Momo's at Central Market - Lajpat Nagar ( tibetan lady ), If you walk accross the 3C's Mall, you will get here.

Dal Pakoras with Mooli Chutney - An absolute must - taste if you are a foodie - I have been having these for the last 2 decades but never ever bored of it. Located next to the Bata Showroom in Central Market Lajpat Nagar.

Kulche Cholle - In the midst of Lajpat Nagar - Market - yumm !!! Sits in the middle of the triangular walk through, under a tree !!

Chandni Chowk - Parathe wali gali - CAUTION - Only have this if you want to have heart attacks / cardiac arrest / etc. Simply stuff to die for , very very fatty stuff here but simply tasty. Divine Stuff .. better than *** .

I wanted to mention this here - RUSHHOUR - this place closed 2 years back , I have had some of the best times here , it was located in Narang House, CP. They used to serve luncheon buffets at 125 rs. per head. Used to be Excellent VFM - Better Mileage than a Logan Diesel or Swift Diesel !! Hehehe

Sikkim House - Chanakya puri - Very very good chinese here at a very good price. My vote for the best chinese / momos in a centrally located place. You will find a very reserved crowd here though and many JMC chicks .. hahaha

Embassy - CP - Good fancy place for delhiites - food is expensive here, but good part about this place is it is always full. A very family restaurant. Old People Galore here !!

Momos - As Dceite mentions above , Sarojini Nagar Market is a good bet - also the small market in front of Chanakya - they are quite good, and so are the momos available in vasant Vihar.

Kallu Nihari - All you Nihari Fans must have visited Old Delhi for these amazing Niharis - simply the best time to visit is during the Eid time - amazing culinary experience you all can get during this time. I am waiting for this Eid / Diwali to come.

Damn !!! I am drooling / salivating badly over my laptop ... this thread is too hard to resist. Now all of you know my weakness / weaknesses.

KFC - used to be great when it reopened but now I somehow have started hating it. The chicken Bucket is tempting and so is the Zinger but it leaves a very dry Feeling in the mouth !! Anyone agrees ??

Gol Gappas - now this one is very tricky. Where can one find the Perfect Golgappas - I know 2 -3 places where you get almost perfect golgappas ( like elco market, mumbai ).
GK M BLock - the small sweets shop (watzizname ), corn cup guy, there is this gol gappa wala - he makes really good ones. Also Central market - golgappas are really really good.

Now I AM REALLY DRoolIggggg !!!

AIIMS Paranthe Wala - this one is good if you are really late and out of moolah . OK OK paranthas - nothing to write about home but yet mentionable.

Comesum - everyone knows this place, you got nothing else to do before catching a train - sit here, better than lolling around the station. Though his panner pakoras are quite good.

Gulati Pandara road - a very old one in Delhi - have not been there ina while but used to serve great kebab rolls / chicken achari cury / rumali rotis. Khao aur peeo gaddi mein

Thats it for today Guys- all you lucky Dawgs !! I am stuck here in Agra this weekend, Damn !! Why did I choose this weekend to type all this. I want to so badly come to delhi and Hog all night long !! hehehe. Cheers People !! Get drunk tonight !!

Last edited by vkochar : 8th September 2007 at 16:13.
Old 8th September 2007, 17:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

that kake/phape da dhabas in outer circle are an absolute YAK! i dont understand how people can tolerate such food.
Old 10th September 2007, 15:34   #83
Senior - BHPian

@ Panky - Kake ka dhaba & National in outer cirlces is quite good, their foor is real VFM and also tasty. I prefer National over Kake.

It has been there for decades and till today you have to wait for a table any given day of the year. I went there a week back and the food was really good.
Old 10th September 2007, 15:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

yes yaar vkochar, i'd been there thrice....twice I was too drunk for the actual taste, 3rd time soofi, it was YAK!
Old 10th September 2007, 15:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe . Panky bhai . Maybe our taste buds are different. I also went there ekdum tullee after having 6 beers & 3 vodkas in Volga. Found the food tasty and mazedaar !! Had a couple of more friends also with me.

Anyways lets leave it at that. We will debate on some other restaurant. BTW I do plan to make it to the next TBHP meet in Delhi . Will see you there .. Cheers !! Varun Kochar
Old 10th September 2007, 19:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

yup vkochar, I'm looking forward to meeting you, probably we can strike up a business deal.
Old 10th September 2007, 22:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Sure. BTW I do see from your profile that you are with Action Shoes.

We have had a few dealings with Action Shoes years back. My Father used to know the owner. Anyways I am sure we could work something out.

Call me Varun

Last edited by vkochar : 10th September 2007 at 22:31.
Old 12th September 2007, 01:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Thats one helluva list vkochar.!
You have left almost nothing for me to post now coz most of these places are my favs as well.
All i can think of now are some of my regular joints...

Asa raam - Located in chandni chowk ,yummy paranthas served hot with small cubes of butter and raita....used to be open till 4-5 (the main reason i liked it) in the morning but now its open only till 12-12.30.

Al Nazeer - Awesome mughlai food ,they are famous for there chicken lollypop ,people take away Kilos of it.....there curries are too good to resist.

Laguna - As my college (DCAC) was near chanakyapuri i used to visit the chanakya market very often and IMHO this shop serves the best Momos in the whole market.

Sticky Fingers (nice name eh ,lol) - Located in Spice mall noida it serves the best Chicken ala Kiev (hope thats correct) iv ever had....most of the noida members will confirm that ,specially aZa.

Al kauser - Already covered here.

Quote:
BTW I do plan to make it to the next TBHP meet in Delhi . Will see you there .. Cheers !!
Great ,we are having a meet this weekend...check out the Delhi meet thread by gd sir.
C ya.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 12th September 2007 at 01:47.
Old 12th September 2007, 02:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
5. Laxmi's cafe : Authentic Chennai food.

I can whole heartedly recommend Laxmi coffee house. I have been going there since I was only 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Chandani chowk's paranthe vaali gali - Take my word for it. You are not going to get paranthas better anywhere else.
I have tried nearly all the places there. However one joint really stands out. When you enter the gali from the side of the road which has haldiram's then go to the joint opposite the lassi wala. I found their paranthas to be much better and the service was top class too. Highly recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
1) Paratha wala-Moolchand Flyover- Vikram Hotel- Anda,Aloo,Gobhi,Paneer,Pyaz,Mix..Raita @ 8 , 5 , 6 , 12 , 6
Have you been there lately. I used to have fond memories of my late night visits there, but when I went there recently in july ( after 2 years ) I found the quality not upto the mark. Something was missing, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But it is a very good option to get some food very late in the night

Guys you missed out on a very famous restaurant, Parikrama
It is more than 15 years old ( used to go there once a week back when I was a kid ) and the beauty of the restaurant is that the whole floor slowly revolves. During the day the beauty of the place is lost and it just looks like a coffee shop, but at night the view is awesome. The service is quite good and the food is excellent. Go there atleast once with your special lady, she will definitely love it. Last time I went there was on my girlfriend's birthday and she just loved it.
Meal for two costs approx 2000 only.

Also, I am surprised no one mentioned roshan di kulfi, karol bagh.
It is a very old and famous joint and is famous for it's chole bhature and kulfi. Also, the tandoori items are lip smacking. It is a pure vegetarian restaurant though and finding a table is very difficult.

Also in Noida, there is a restaurant called Haveli in sector 16 ( next to UTI bank ) . They serve nice food, and the ambience is ok-ok. It is the place I usually go to if I am in the mood for some take out so that I can avoid the mad traffic in sector 18.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:50   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Great ,we are having a meet this weekend...check out the Delhi meet thread by gd sir.
C ya.
I thought it was the weekend after this .. hmm .. lemme see now !! Will try !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks