Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 01:50   #91
BHPian

Anyone been to Baba Nagpal's Corner ...in Amar colony?

Its got the BESTEST chole bhature in the world!! trust me on it! it costs around 15 bucks
Old 15th September 2007, 11:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I have been there, its quite nice.

I quite like the cholle bhature wala near Kailash Colony ( don remember the guys name ) but he is awesome. ( Leaves you guilty for the entrire day ) - there are so fattening - But that is good isn't it
Old 15th September 2007, 17:33   #93
BHPian

My favourites are

1. Punjabi by Nature : best indian food
2. Flavours (Def Col): Best italian i have come across
3. Niruls China room (CP , no longer there)
Old 15th September 2007, 19:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
2. Flavours (Def Col): Best italian i have come across
Just had lunch there a couple of weeks back & yes, they are still fantastic! Amazing pasta & good service.
Old 15th September 2007, 20:08   #95
BHPian

For people looking for good south indian food, Sarvana Bhavan near Connaught's is worth a try. Dosa's, medhu vada's, sweets are quite good.
Old 16th September 2007, 13:00   #96
BHPian

punjabi by nature i really good

and one addition to the huge list : Sanjha Chulha, Greater Kailash 1 - Great for Drive in food restaurants types

cheers
Old 16th September 2007, 13:45   #97
BHPian

DLF/GGN:

My most preferred plc for beer & italian food in ggn is the Earth lounge by moets.

Chinese-China Club

Indian-Corriander leaf(pakistani also),Punjabi by Nature & Dana Choga.

For Pizzas -trident(hilton) & stone oven(mgf mall)
Old 16th September 2007, 14:08   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
and one addition to the huge list : Sanjha Chulha, Greater Kailash 1 - Great for Drive in food restaurants types

I've eaten there twice but somehow have always hated the place & the food. Never liked it at all, the fact that the first time we ate there both me & my friend got diarrohea could be a deterring factor!
Old 17th September 2007, 00:51   #99
BHPian

Can any member here help me get a discount at Aqua, Q-BA, Smoke House Grill or Kylin? Special night for my lady on this saturday, require expense control.

Quote:
My most preferred plc for beer & italian food in ggn is the Earth lounge by moets.

Chinese-China Club
Dhiraj, can you tell me more about this place? How is the crowd and overall experience in relation to snob value?
Old 19th September 2007, 05:14   #100
BHPian

Yo! No one to help a fellow member? Or do I have to use the question as my signature? ;-)
Old 19th September 2007, 12:10   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
For people looking for good south indian food, Sarvana Bhavan near Connaught's is worth a try. Dosa's, medhu vada's, sweets are quite good.

Paaji, I guess its Sarvanan and not Sarvana Bhavan you are referring to in CP. I have been there, and the quality of South Indian food is absolutely amazing.

BTW, the guys who serve the food are so efficient and fast that you get your order in no time. Yummy food!!

Wish the Madras Hotel was still there in CP
Old 19th September 2007, 16:18   #102
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ankitahuja;566218]Can any member here help me get a discount at Aqua, Q-BA, Smoke House Grill or Kylin? Special night for my lady on this saturday, require expense control.

Dhiraj, can you tell me more about this place? How is the crowd and overall experience in relation to snob value?[/quote]

Quite subjective!!

See, its just a suggestion....do what YOU can afford. It becomes very embarassing in front of your special lady in case you want to strike a discount and the waiter fails to recognise/decline, and then you leave the seat " Jaan main ek minutte main aaya ".... and then call up someone to get Rs. 200 or so (assuming a 10% off on a total bill of 2000) discount.

If she's special for you and vice versa, these kinda snobbish things dont hold any place in practical life.

Your money, your lady....take it just a suggestion!! no offences meant.
Old 19th September 2007, 17:34   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
Paaji, I guess its Sarvanan and not Sarvana Bhavan you are referring to in CP.
Hello, I am quite sure its Sarvana Bhavan , Cos it's a chain of south Indian restaurant in India & abroad. I meant it was near Connaught Circus.
[P-15, Connaught Circus]
Old 19th September 2007, 17:40   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Quite subjective!!

See, its just a suggestion....do what YOU can afford. It becomes very embarassing in front of your special lady in case you want to strike a discount and the waiter fails to recognise/decline, and then you leave the seat " Jaan main ek minutte main aaya ".... and then call up someone to get Rs. 200 or so (assuming a 10% off on a total bill of 2000) discount.

If she's special for you and vice versa, these kinda snobbish things dont hold any place in practical life.

Your money, your lady....take it just a suggestion!! no offences meant.
Ooi Panky bro, guess you got it wrong.

I can afford this place, no problem, the thing is, that no one minds a good discount right? (aakhir ladka hu, discount to dhoond hi sakta hu ;-0 )

And I asked about the snob value of the place because I actually don't want it to be a high pitched, snobbish place but more like a chilled out and fun place to spend a nice night, thats all.
Old 20th September 2007, 01:36   #105
Senior - BHPian

A very nice place but good value (save booze) is stoned above moet's in def col market. very good ambience, good food, and superb service. They also have earth in ggn sec15 but that's more expensive.

both places have very plush lounges serving uber italian food, with stoned being slightly better

As for hotel sarvana bhavan, its HSB and not the sarvana selvaratnam stores like in chennai - so its a premium version quite unlike the good wholesome lunch house that sarvana stores chennai has. Govardhan near IIT has pretty good south indian food too. quiet and ideal for going with family.

Most Viewed