Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 13:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

I haven't got a clue rtech. Certainly i would not buy a sky scraper. i cant tell you all my interests on a public forum, you know.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
We sure do have a nack for going OT.
There isnt much to discuss about the topic itself. Its HIS money and he built the house according to HIS taste. I suggest we leave poor Mukesh Ambani alone in his 27 storey house .
Old 4th June 2007, 13:29   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
i cant tell you all my interests on a public forum, you know.
whew !! Small mercies...
Old 4th June 2007, 13:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Rumours say that it includes a veyron too.
Now that would really be something worth spending on !
Old 4th June 2007, 13:36   #50
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, in shifting gears, all topics have much more room to go OT. Besides, this was not really OT, only a natural extension. The TCS CEO is just an example of money made by successful company heads. Discussion was whether they deserve the kind of money that leads this display of wealth.

BTW, what personal issue you are referring to here? Now that can be considered OT. I don't know either Ramadorai or spadival personally if you were wondering.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:43   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I meant we could leave out all the personal experiences for working for TCS for x number of years etc. And the following assessment of whether he sweated it out or not for 30+ years. If he deserves the kind of after retirement treatement etc. I hope you get the point.

Quote:
Rahul, in shifting gears, all topics have much more room to go OT.
Its funny you say that.

See now I am surely going OT . Damn.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_edged View Post
House with a Price Tag of Rs.4000 crore for 6 people and 600 staff...
Whatever the price its Mukesh Ambani's money & his choice.

In contrast, what about our Rashtrapathi Bhavan? Which is around 354 acres with 340 odd rooms, nine tennis courts, a polo ground, a 14-hole golf course, a cricket field, a 13 acre garden, all of which is maintained by countless servants and all expense paid by citizens' tax?

All these for a job that commands no power and just to honour the services of a faithful partyman? (Kalam is an exception).
Old 4th June 2007, 14:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Let him continue to live like a hermit na.. why the sudden need to pay him salary AFTER he retires, at shareholder's expense? Besides, he sits on the board of TCS, so its likely that he approved his own retirement plans !!
Why should he live like a hermit when he has created so much value for the SHAREHOLDERS? Even I and you would have done the same thing had we been in his shoes....
Pension is the small basic thing that is been provided for a guy who added gr8 value to country, people, shareholders, economy everything... it is peanut when u see some other politicians who has done nothing but still relishing on our money:for eg

Hope u know there was a ex-PM who hails from Karnataka and he was PM for few months....but still relishes a bunglow and free govt car in the costly city like bangalore.... He is eating on our hard-earned money (which we pay to the govt as taxes) which he is peacefully relishing on....

Abhi
Old 4th June 2007, 16:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Why should he live like a hermit when he has created so much value for the SHAREHOLDERS?
That point is debatable.. But as McL suggested, Lets not debate it on this thread.. It belongs to Mukesh and his zillion dollar house.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

I really doubt it costs 4000 crores. That's 1 billion USD today. I think a tenth of that would be more likely.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I really doubt it costs 4000 crores. That's 1 billion USD today. I think a tenth of that would be more likely.
I have the same doubt. (I wonder what 4000 crores looks like).

I feel it's his money (earned by him), and he should be able to spend it (legally) the way he wants to. Its nobody's business what he does with it. Though, if I had this kind of green (*dreamy look*) I'd rather not spend it in this country. Not a very intelligent thing to do.

Nobody has any thanks for the fact that the money will being spent here. All that money going from being just a figure on a computer to hard cash (almost) going into the economy is a really good thing. Butttttt, spending all that money here will land him into more irritation that he'd like. Envy is the engine that drives this country and he'd be under the scanner of every "public-minded" citizen, every politician of a philosophy opposed to his and of course, every kind of taxman. All this, regardless of whether the money is legal or not. You can see how many PILs are going to be filed against his trying to build that building.

Remember what happened when Amitabh Bachhan gifted Abhishek Bacchan a Bentley? In two days there were enough issues to fill the news.

I'd rather spend all that money abroad and enjoy it there, where nobody cares a rat's @$$.

Last edited by hydrashok : 4th June 2007 at 18:45.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:58   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I have the same doubt. (I wonder what 4000 crores looks like).
Remember what happened when Amitabh Bachhan gifted Abhishek Bacchan a Bentley? In two days there were enough issues to fill the news.

I'd rather spend all that money abroad and enjoy it there, where nobody cares a rat's @$$.
I somehow think that they thrive on this.
Old 4th June 2007, 19:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

No PIL will be filed, or atleast entertained. There is no legal standing. And the Ambanis own half of Parliament, so I really doubt he will have too much trouble.

Oh, and Mukesh doesn't have a Veyron.

Last edited by v1p3r : 4th June 2007 at 19:14.
Old 4th June 2007, 23:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Exactly. Tabloids haven't heard of Aryabhatta or Archimedes. Ek zero mein kya pharak padta hai?

Last I heard, M.A's INDIVIDUAL net worth was close to 5K Cr.

Nevertheless, this would be one great architecture, IMHO. Forget everything else, I just wanna drool over the parking lot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
168 cars and 6 floors of parking. I wonder whats in his garage.
Probably 2 or 3 of Mukesh's own cars. And 165 of Anil's. Including the Lambo.
Old 4th June 2007, 23:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Mittal was clever, he preffered to stay out of India to avoid all the social ill feelings.

Another building to oogle at

And 168 more exotics to spot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks