Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 18:12   #571
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

I recently watched Silk (BBC), Zen and Californication; and they are all amazing.
Am a big series buff, and keep watching all something or the other; so have watched mostly everything good on TV :-P

For a serious law thriller, Silk is amazing; no nonsense show. Californication is great humor particularly if you're into reading or/and writing cause Hank Moody the protagonist is really cool.
Old 27th July 2012, 18:26   #572
BHPian

Top Gear is one of my most favourite shows ever!
I totally love their way of presentation. Who else is a big fan of Top Gear?? Have you guys seen the IMDB rating for the show? Check it out - Top Gear (TV Series 2002) - IMDb
Old 27th July 2012, 21:15   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992
I totally love their way of presentation. Who else is a big fan of Top Gear?? Have you guys seen the IMDB rating for the show? Check it out - Top Gear (TV Series 2002) - IMDb
Hello ji. If you are a fan of TG you should also watch the episodes when jeremy had more hair on his head.

One needs to watch this show with a pinch of salt if they are orthodox type. ive never felt bad by Jeremy's sense of humor and will always remain a fan of jezza till the day he quits.

Jeremy haters but auto enthusiasts please watch JC's Forza 4 advert. "We are a dying breed"
Old 27th July 2012, 21:42   #574
Team-BHP Support

I like this Food Tech show on Science channel. Its quite nice and they present it very well.

Like today's show about bacteria in rotten meat v/s dried meat.
Old 28th July 2012, 12:14   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Californication is great humor particularly if you're into reading or/and writing cause Hank Moody the protagonist is really cool.
Californication is an outrageously funny show and I am in love with Natasha McElhone. What an awesome woman.
Old 30th July 2012, 00:52   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Californication is an outrageously funny show and I am in love with Natasha McElhone. What an awesome woman.
Same here, she really is amazing. Infact most of the women on Californication are pretty awesome, I think the show has probably the hottest guest stars on TV.
I really like Mia (Madeline Zima) but she has probably been written out. Also, Eva Amurri, the college student Hank falls for.

I've started Shameless (BBC) now and it seems pretty cool. Infact am getting kinda addicted to all these Brit Coms; IT Crowd, In-Betweeners now this.
Old 30th July 2012, 08:22   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH

I've started Shameless (BBC) now and it seems pretty cool. Infact am getting kinda addicted to all these Brit Coms; IT Crowd, In-Betweeners now this.
In India ?
I always thought BBC=news channel.
Please clarify.
Old 30th July 2012, 08:28   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
I'm a big fan aswell of only TopGear UK. They definitely know how to keep the viewers interested.
Their random tasks , and music as well. The part in which Jeremy drives an Aston Vantage V12 is so beautiful. The one with background track: Brian Eno Ascent (An Ending) . Any one remembers that one?
Old 30th July 2012, 08:44   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

In India ?
I always thought BBC=news channel.
Please clarify.
Sir there are BBC channels like 1, 2 etc. I guess he is talking about the show that comes on these channels. Or BBC entertainment channel.
Old 30th July 2012, 10:06   #580
BHPian

After hearing a lot of good things about "Dexter", I started with it and completed Season 1. It is for people who like gore and bloodshed. The story is GOOD and has a fairly gripping element of suspense.

But except for the protagonist, the acting of entire cast is downright PATHETIC. Especially that of Dexter's sister (Deborah) whose personality is suited to play the role of a teenager rather than a cop and that to a detective.

Anyone who was fond of quality forensic programs on Discovery/NatGeo, would find this a bloodbath of sub-standard-ness.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:30   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive
After hearing a lot of good things about "Dexter", I started with it and completed Season 1. It is for people who like gore and bloodshed. The story is GOOD and has a fairly gripping element of suspense.

But except for the protagonist, the acting of entire cast is downright PATHETIC. Especially that of Dexter's sister (Deborah) whose personality is suited to play the role of a teenager rather than a cop and that to a detective.

Anyone who was fond of quality forensic programs on Discovery/NatGeo, would find this a bloodbath of sub-standard-ness.
Dexter is not about blood bath. Looks like you didn't pay attention to the introspection that that Dexter does. The lines and the dialogues appeal to me. If you observe the pattern, the blood scenes last for usually five minutes in the entire episode.
The whole story is about Dexter and his journey, not about forensics or bloodbath.
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:24   #582
BHPian

F150,

Agree with you. I like Dexter too.

Silkdrive,

I think these TV shows should be taken on entertainment value and not as a source of concrete information for that NGC and discovery are there.
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:05   #583
Senior - BHPian

There are two shows which I watch regularly:
(1) Masterchef Australia on Star World HD (9 - 9:40 p.m.)
(2) Criminal Minds, again on Star World HD (10 - 10:40 p.m.)

But if I do end up coming home a bit earlier, I try and catch Overhaulin' (although they show old episodes mostly) at 6 p.m. on Discovery Turbo.
Old 3rd August 2012, 19:20   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post

Dont right away jump to the conclusion. Presently i am watching season 4, and its damn good. There are series which you can predict, this one isnt one of them. You just keep watching, it gets better.

And i also hate Debra morgan. I guess she is the one who acted in "Exorcism of Emily Rose". A bit of an over dramatic she !
Old 3rd August 2012, 21:36   #585
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up.. will definitely keep watching. I see now, that my earlier post came out a bit too strong. What I meant was that I liked the program overall but the over dramatic characters, sort of get to you, sometimes.

Coming to Deborah Morgan, I can't tell you how I wished that the killer had actually got her

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks