Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 22:45   #1036
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Oh boy, True detective has taken an unexpected turn! One of the best new shows ever.
AS for house of cards, I did not find it too good. Too easy going for Mr. Politician. Everything falls in his platter.
Old 18th February 2014, 23:59   #1037
BHPian

Finished Being Human, the UK one. Decent series, not amazing.

Have to start on True Detective.

Also, started Attack on Titan. Epic Anime!

Current playlist:

-Archer
-Community
-The Vampire Diaries ( :P )

Anybody here seen Carnivale?
I've got rave reviews, so kinda confused whether to begin or not, sonce time is a luxury these days.
Old 19th February 2014, 00:03   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Started with the Season 2 of House of Cards. I'm at S2 E3. Excellent work by Kevin Spacey. Gripped, eager to make time and watch the rest. Are others watching?

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hunt or be hunted! Awesome start to season 2
Finished first episode today & what an explosive one at that, starts with regular pace & gets darker by the time it nears the end.

I am excited about the rest of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Oh boy, True detective has taken an unexpected turn! One of the best new shows ever.
I have heard about this series for the first time today but also twice. Gotta check it out
Old 19th February 2014, 03:04   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Finished episode 4 of True Detective and what a treat it was. Last 6 minutes tracking shot taken in one take must be the best in television history.
Old 20th February 2014, 03:54   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
... True detective has taken an unexpected turn! One of the best new shows ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Finished episode 4 of True Detective and what a treat it was. Last 6 minutes tracking shot taken in one take must be the best in television history.
Currently watching True Detective and House Of Cards 2. One word: Splendid.

I think this short span of time is the best time that TV has had for a long time. I watched S2E1 for HoC 2 and True Detective 4th Episode back to back and was blown away by the content of both of them.

True Detective is dark,gritty and at the same time a great story teller. I am just spell bound and want to give Thumbsup to the Location Director ( Not sure if it is the right term). The kind of places they have found to shoot this series is just spectacular.

A must watch: (A picture speaks thousand words)

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-capture.jpg
Old 20th February 2014, 12:53   #1041
BHPian

Watched house of cards season 1 episode 1, completely blown by the cast and kevin spacey. Awesome direction and I'm hooked.
Hearing a lot about this true detective in this thread, what's it all about?
Old 20th February 2014, 17:10   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You said it man. It was like being in a video game. Simply spectacular.
Old 28th February 2014, 03:38   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Started watching true detective, on episode 3 now, so far its just ok. If it wasn't for the 2 lead actors i wouldn't watch it. I hope the suspense is worth all the build up.

House of cards on the other hand is lot more active & while the lead actors are good even the supporting cast is brilliant. The season 2 does get a little dull in the middle but looks like it will bounce back based on a few shocking scenes in last few episodes.
Old 28th February 2014, 05:11   #1044

My favorites

- Prison Break
- Heroes
- LOST
- House of Cards
- Games of Thrones
- Scandal
- Breaking Bad
Old 4th March 2014, 17:31   #1045
Team-BHP Support

The episode of The Walking Dead that aired yesterday was utter crap! Exactly in the lines of the Banshee episode that aired few weeks back.

The last episode of Banshee was in one word - brutal! Loved it! 2 more episodes remain. I am hoping for one hell of a finale like the last season!

Terrific start to the second season of Hannibal and Vikings!

Just the finale of True Detective remains. Had watched the premiere back in Jan. when I was recuperating after a brief hospitalisation and I went mental! Going by the feedback from friends and forum members, I am hoping it would get better later on. Btw Matthew McConaughey grabbed his first Oscar for the best actor just yesterday! That's his first nomination as well.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th March 2014 at 23:55. Reason: TWD = The Walking Dead
Old 4th March 2014, 17:49   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Watched a few episodes of 'Elementary', but found it too ordinary. Sherlock is too lame and Watson has lost his (her) bite.

BBC Sherlock was miles ahead than this Americanized version. 1 hr is too less for getting a meaningful mystery case and to solve it brilliantly, so most cases and their findings are mundane and far stretched. Besides 'Elementary, my dear Watson!' - the line from which the show was possibly named - was never there in original stories. It came out of a cooked story.
Old 4th March 2014, 18:06   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Started watching true detective, on episode 3 now, so far its just ok. If it wasn't for the 2 lead actors i wouldn't watch it. I hope the suspense is worth all the build up.
TD picks up after 3rd episode. Its kinda slow paced till then. In fact i thought of giving it up after 2 episoded but carried on just for the 2 actors who are brilliant in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The episode of TWD that aired yesterday was utter crap! Exactly in the lines of the Banshee episode that aired few weeks back.

The last episode of Banshee was in one word - brutal! Loved it! 2 more episodes remain. I am hoping for one hell of a finale like the last season!

Terrific start to the second season of Hannibal and Vikings!

Just the finale of True Detective remains. Had watched the premiere back in Jan. when I was recuperating after a brief hospitalisation and I went mental! Going by the feedback from friends and forum members, I am hoping it would get better later on. Btw Matthew McConaughey grabbed his first Oscar for the best actor just yesterday! That's his first nomination as well.
Tell me about it. I yawned a hundred times watching The Walking Dead latest episode. Most boring i had seen.
Banshee has lived up to my expectation.

Finished watching first season of 'Heroes'. Really liked it. Seems like an orginal story as i was thinking it might be a lift off. Must watch for people who like Superhero kinda stuff.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th March 2014 at 23:55. Reason: TWD = The Walking Dead
Old 4th March 2014, 21:46   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
.. If it wasn't for the 2 lead actors i wouldn't watch it. I hope the suspense is worth all the build up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The episode of TWD that aired yesterday was utter crap!

Just the finale of True Detective remains...
True Detective is a highly subjective genre. Its not for everyone. Many people would not like it the way I do. ( Not sure if anyone has seen The Machinist, But most of my friends did not like it and is one of the best movies I have seen.)

If you just go by the last episode their reunion(This is not a spoiler) and subtle changes in their behavior towards each other is amazing. You should watch the last sound bite(comes after the titles) from the producer and director of TD. Its amazing how you missed so many amazing things.

I am pumped up for the Finale.
Old 4th March 2014, 23:57   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Guys can we please use full names instead of acronyms, i had to go 2-3 pages back to figure out TWD means The Walking Dead.

As for True Detective, the story is talking good shape now but boy Matthew Mcconaughey is simply brilliant in this series.
Old 5th March 2014, 01:09   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys can we please use full names instead of acronyms, i had to go 2-3 pages back to figure out TWD means The Walking Dead.

As for True Detective, the story is talking good shape now but boy Matthew Mcconaughey is simply brilliant in this series.
Wait for episode 4 if you haven't seen it yet. The last 10 minutes will blow you away. Matthew Mcconaughey has always been an underrated actor. i have liked him in almost all his movies. But, i feel he is at his best in this series.

How is the review for Vikings? I remember seeing the pilot sometime last year, didn't liked it much so left it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks