Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 13:10   #1141
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

If you like legal series, SILK by BBC is a must watch. It is spread over 3 seasons if 6 episodes each and gives a court side view in the British legal system.

I also watched a 10 episode tele series called Tyrant dealing with dictatorships in ME. Good watch this one too.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 8th September 2014 at 13:12.
Old 8th September 2014, 14:43   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Any reviews of "The Bridge" ?
Just finished the 1st season. Would rate is a 2.5/5 as the story line and the characters are not great. If Breaking Bad and True detective are my benchmark then this is just run of the mill. Don't think I will watch season 2.
Old 8th September 2014, 14:56   #1143
Team-BHP Support

Started watching outlander. Did not have many expectations, but the show surprised. Really really surprised. Picturization and direction are very very good. If you like historical settings, this is a show to watch. And guess what.... its SCIFI too!
Old 8th September 2014, 15:28   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching Arrested Development, directed by Ron Howard. Excellent series. Probably the most underrated series ever!

It has a really thoughtful plot which sort of connects the dots at the end, with narration by Ron Howard. Its a different style of presentation compared to others.

It is a pity they had to wrap it up in the middle of third season.

Last edited by zenren : 8th September 2014 at 15:31.
Old 8th September 2014, 16:37   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Started watching outlander.
Is this based on the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon?About the Scottish rebellion and Bonny prince Charles?
Old 8th September 2014, 17:10   #1146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Is this based on the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon?About the Scottish rebellion and Bonny prince Charles?
Yes, it is!
A very good adaptation too.
Old 8th September 2014, 17:17   #1147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yes, it is!
Thanks! Have to watch it now. Have read the first two books of the series. Have you read all of them?
Old 8th September 2014, 18:22   #1148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Thanks! Have to watch it now. Have read the first two books of the series. Have you read all of them?
Not yet. Was going through the reviews, and people who have read the books say its a good adaptation
Old 8th September 2014, 22:34   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Suits is a very good show bro. You won't regret it. The plot is very interesting. I had no idea what it was and was hooked to it right after the first five episodes. Give it a try.
+1
Finished second season yesterday. It is fast, witty and still interesting after 2 seasons.

Thanks guys, picked up Suits & I am hooked, finished Season 1 & started Season 2
Old 9th September 2014, 11:53   #1150
Senior - BHPian

My all time favourite is The Big Bang Theory. Can hardly wait for season 8 starting on September 22. I was a big fan of Friends. Seinfield, Home Improvement, Everybody loves Raymond, but I think TBBT trumps all those shows for me.

I somehow connect very well with TBBT, may be due to the excessive interest in geeky stuff and super heroes. The story and the script is written so damn well, with all those physics, astronomy, neurobiology and microbiology dialogues.

Away from the comic world, I think BBC's SHERLOCK is the best action-drama-thriller series on TV. The way Sherlock's deductions are presented on screen is just immaculate. I also love the way the SMSs, Emails and blogs appear on the screen for the benefit of the viewer. Kudos to the team ! Ofcourse, Benedict Cumberbatch is mind-blowing as SHERLOCK.

I kinds got lost with Game of Thrones near the end of 1st season and did not feel like getting back.

And why did they make only 12 episodes of 24, Season 9??? I wish they had made all 24 episodes. Even though it was not as compelling and gripping as previous seasons, it was still a great edge-of-the-seat thriller.
Old 14th September 2014, 16:06   #1151
BHPian

I randomly was flipping channels & came across this Derren Brown show on History channel - named The Experiments. It was of 2 parts, first one about choices by flipping the coin for the 3 scenarios presented to the guest and 2nd part running a game show called remote control, about how people lose their decision making capability & go with the crowd for a mob mentality (destructive options) in deciding what should happen to the identified game show participant.

I watched it mainly because it reminded me of the movie, No you see me, when I chanced on it. On watching for few mins, I decided, let me try the options myself with the imaginary coin tossing, and my call was different 2 of the 3 times than the guy, with 3rd one being really detrimental (if it was me in the show & picking my option for the 3rd task - watch the show - I am not telling more about it). And, on the 2nd part, I really got involved.. guess i should stop.

In summary, if you get a chance, do watch it I am sure they would be repeating it againg (and again) on that channel for next few days.
Old 17th September 2014, 13:14   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Finished watching Fargo over the weekend.

Interesting performances, a li'l slow but quite a good watch.
Based on this post, thought about giving Fargo a try. Slow but but really powerful acting by Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman.
Old 18th September 2014, 17:15   #1153
BHPian

Here is my List of Favourites in the order mentioned below; don't y'all agree that Netflix and HBO originals are by far the best ! They don't stifle stories with mainstream compulsions not budget :-D

i) House of Cards - Season 2 (The best thing ever !!!! ) Though you have to watch the lesser impressive Season 1 to comprehend Season 2
ii) True Detectives & Breaking Bad
iii) Game of Thrones, Sherlock (BBC)
iv) Spartacus, Rome & The Wire (HBO Original).

Comedy: The Office(US), The Office(UK), Modern Family & The most underrated comedy of all is "Outsourced" ! Yeah it plays on the stereotypes but then it would not be funny if they din't.

Off topic I have tried my best to fetch the complete Vyomkesh Bakshi Series !!! No avail. I absolutely loved it as a kid !
Old 18th September 2014, 21:40   #1154
Senior - BHPian

My all time favourite gang coming back from Monday with Season 8.

New stuff for the new season:

1) Penny gets a new hair style
2) Penny gets a new job
3) Penny earns equal/more than Leonard
4) Sheldon and Amy AKA Shamy don't get involved in coixxxx even in this season

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-tbbt_season8.jpg
Old 18th September 2014, 22:09   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks guys, picked up Suits & I am hooked, finished Season 1 & started Season 2
Finished Season 2 & now on Season 3

Also picked up Under the Dome - Its based on a Stephen King novel & has Steven Spielberg as Executive producer. First 2 episodes have been interesting & I am hooked now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks