Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2014, 22:42   #1051
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

True Detective Season 1 finale airs this Sunday. Now that I am super excited about that but also equally sad that this wonderful season will come to an end with that.

It's like having the last bite of your favorite chocolate. You really want to enjoy it as much as you can but knowing that it will be finished afterwards sometimes spoils the fun.

Now in the case of chocolate you can buy another one but True Detective being an Anthology series, therefore we can't say that the same cast especially Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson will be the part of next season or not.
They both are strong pillars of this show along with the great writing and direction and what not, of course.

Happy to see that Internet is full of various theories, assumptions and explanations about the finale which reminds me of Sherlock and Breaking Bad days.
Ah, those were the days.

Cheers!

Last edited by Sherlocked : 6th March 2014 at 22:51. Reason: Typo.
Old 7th March 2014, 00:39   #1052
BHPian

Suits will be on air today, don't know why they follow the 10-6 schedule though. (10 episodes <--- a long break ---> 6 episodes). Watching House of Cards, and S01 is pretty good and keeps you hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

Now in the case of chocolate you can buy another one but True Detective being an Anthology series, therefore we can't say that the same cast especially Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson will be the part of next season or not.
They both are strong pillars of this show along with the great writing and direction and what not, of course.

Cheers!
Matthew has confirmed that he won't be a part of the next season (which isn't surprising). There are talks on the internet that the S02 will have females in the lead.
Old 14th March 2014, 23:32   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Watched the season finale of True Detective & without giving any spoiler all I can say is that it was a big disappointment for me.
Old 15th March 2014, 15:42   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched the season finale of True Detective & without giving any spoiler all I can say is that it was a big disappointment for me.
For an Anthology series it deserved something better but it was not that bad. Would love to discuss more on each and every point but that will leave spoilers.
The season 1 overall is a good watch. In my books it stands in the top three list of best TV shows I have ever watched.
Old 16th March 2014, 17:39   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Mad Men season 7 starts on 14th April, 10 pm on Star Premiere HD
Old 17th March 2014, 11:42   #1056

COSMOS, the new NatGeo series, proved to be a dampener. I felt let down by the mindless score that drowned the narration delivered with equal thoughtlessness. The narrator - a Carl Sagan disciple, no less - in his booming voice trails off into mumbled ends of sentences. It is only when the musicians take a coffee break that a few sentences are audible. What a shame. Poor old Carl must be turning in his grave :-(
Old 17th March 2014, 19:34   #1057
BHPian

What Not to watch: Comedy Night with Kapil

One word - Horrendous!

This show started off well, but now I simply cannot stand the characters. Kapil is still good, however the rest of the cast is absolutely pathetic.

And biggest of all the jokers is Sidhu. I don't understand what's up with him? He makes idiotic comments and others laugh. I feel even Kapil understands it but he may feel that he draws a crowd so he is still there.

And do not get me started on the same repetitive theme of all episodes. Avoid it like the plague.

P.S.: I am not sure if this post can be mingled in this thread and there is not specific thread of TV Shows you don't like. If it does not, request the mods to please delete.
Old 17th March 2014, 20:05   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
For an Anthology series it deserved something better but it was not that bad. Would love to discuss more on each and every point but that will leave spoilers.
The season 1 overall is a good watch. In my books it stands in the top three list of best TV shows I have ever watched.
Well, the format doesn't matter if it does not do justice to the storyline which I felt was the case. Nobody would have watched this series if it did not have two big stars as its lead.

Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men didn't have any star power & shined on its content which is not the case with True Detective.

House of cards is one such series where both content & star power jointly make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Mad Men season 7 starts on 14th April, 10 pm on Star Premiere HD
Yay, looking forward to it now. Really sad that this would be the last season :(
Old 31st March 2014, 22:26   #1059
Team-BHP Support

Well, the finale for season 4 of The Walking Dead was pretty good! One thing is for sure - the next season isn't going to be the last one.

Here's the trailer for Game of Thrones' Season 4 that premieres next Sunday:

Old 6th April 2014, 10:04   #1060
Team-BHP Support

How many are you following the most important show on TV?

It is on National Geographic every Sunday. Don't miss it.

COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY

It is the remake of Carl Sagan's Cosmos.

BTW, it is not just me who is claiming it is the most important TV shows of our times. Less than a month since it's launch, it is already at #2 position at IMDB. The original series from Carl Sagan is still in the top 10 after 30+ years.
Old 11th April 2014, 19:49   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Here's the trailer for Game of Thrones' Season 4 that premieres next Sunday:
Yeah just watched it and can't wait. But I can't wait for GRRM to write the next book!
Old 14th April 2014, 19:16   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Episode 2 of Game Of Thrones threw a big twist! Except for those who have read the books, of course!
Did anyone catch that episode?
Old 14th April 2014, 20:23   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Whoa! Episode 2 of Game Of Thrones threw a big twist! Except for those who have read the books, of course!
Did anyone catch that episode?
Hehehe, read the books so I think I can expect what happened. But still - gotta go check it out tonight.
Old 14th April 2014, 22:10   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Woah what an episode of Game of Thrones! Fantastic!
Old 15th April 2014, 06:27   #1065
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Boston Legal is thinning out. Far fetched plots. No substance. Stopped watching.

Was in America the whole of March. Watched and enjoyed a serialized tele-movie called Mr Selfridge. About the founder of the Great Department Store on Oxford Street in London. Very well done serial indeed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks