Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 00:37   #76

Re: Dealing with abusive parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
My childhood has been a series of such episodes in which I was always the villain. This was in addition to the arguments my parents would have, mostly started by my mother over some insignificant matter which she would magnify a million times.

I keep thinking of suicide just to get away from this hell.
This post surely was the best thing you did and as you mentioned, writing thoughts out makes for better clarification of thought and threads.

As many others who shared, you are not alone! add me to that list as well.
and as someone said it aptly, parental abuse is a given.

Might I also be bold to tell you to read through the experiences people have. The reference to psychiatrist in my opinion should be around suicidal thoughts if any, NOT about the parental abuse. I have lived that life as a teenager, including the psychiatrist visits, and it always comes back to how you can change or what you can do to change.

That's not what you need in your life now.

Some of the experiences shared here, i feel asking if they are my twins. I can feel the pain.

DO - work out how you can move out and be independent. The abuse will continue, mental abuse will replace physical abuse.

DON'T fall for guilt tripping by parents (will come up as you and your parents age) and DON'T indulge in alcohol, drugs or such while you are in this zone.

Remember again, you are not alone!

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th December 2022 at 01:47. Reason: Sentences start with a capital letter. Please also watch for typos in your posts.
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dealing with abusive parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
My mother is the most abusive person I know. She magnifies the most trivial, frivolous things in her mind and projects her negative feelings on those around here.
Feel sorry for you. If you are financially stable and can live and make ends meet, move out. Visit your parents, but once in a bluemoon. Make sure they understand that you are no longer the same person who you were. Make them feel you are slowly detaching from them, move to a far off location, travel and find a soul mate who will support and care for you.
Last and not the least, Suicide is never a solution. There's only one life, live the fullest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks