Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 09:33   #1531
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Need help from Mumbai BHPians . I will be staying in Mumbai for a period of 4-6 months on work basis , I need a 1 bhk furnished flat or an individual room in Kandhivali east preferably close to M&M plant .I checked 99 acres,magic bricks etc , most of the apartment associations do not allow bachelors or do not entertain company leasing/renting options and demand a rental agreement for 1 year minimum . I do not like PG and hostel accommodation and hence trying to avoid it .

Any suggestions on where I can find a full or at least semi furnished flat for 4-6 months accommodation ? Maximum budget would be 18K inclusive of maintenance

Last edited by girimajiananth : 17th October 2014 at 09:41.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:18   #1532
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
yessir. in chennai itself you have 43-50k rent for a 3bhk in thiruvanmiyur so in Borivali Mumbai a 4BHK costing 60-65k is actually par for the course

Unbelievable.

On 4th Seaward Road, Valmiki Nagar, in the 'Nineties, I used to live in a company leased apartment and pay a princely rental of Rs 5000/- per month, with a Ten Month advance. I believe one could buy an apartment even as late as 2006-2007 for Rs 30 lakh, in that area.

The biggest pain in that area was the fact that all the local devils had begun digging deep for bore wells and the sea water started seeping into the ground water veins. And anyway in that area the water was always quite brackish.
Old 18th October 2014, 11:43   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Need help from Mumbai BHPians . I will be staying in Mumbai for a period of 4-6 months on work basis , I need a 1 bhk furnished flat or an individual room in Kandhivali east preferably close to M&M plant .
Any suggestions on where I can find a full or at least semi furnished flat for 4-6 months accommodation ? Maximum budget would be 18K inclusive of maintenance
Hi Giri- thinking aloud if you had a chance to explore service apartments there. May be a bit beyond your budget but am thinking that option may be there at Mumbai.
Old 18th October 2014, 14:35   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi Giri- thinking aloud if you had a chance to explore service apartments there. May be a bit beyond your budget but am thinking that option may be there at Mumbai.
There are plenty of service apartments, but it will cross my budget two folds almost . I might keep that as a last option.
Old 30th October 2014, 23:06   #1535
Senior - BHPian

This was in the news. Even buying from A builders doesn't ensure peace of mind.

Mantri Tranquil residents rattled by demolition of compound wall
Quote:
Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike workers, who arrived with at least 20 policemen, claimed that the apartment was encroaching on a storm water drain. Residents protested by squatting in front of the earth movers even as a portion of the compound wall was brought down.
Old 31st October 2014, 11:27   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on where I can find a full or at least semi furnished flat for 4-6 months accommodation ?
Check this group on FB, you should be able to get some shared accommodation for a couple of months.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/flat...ithoutbrokers/
Old 31st October 2014, 11:31   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also explore: https://www.airbnb.co.in
Old 31st October 2014, 11:31   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This was in the news. Even buying from A builders doesn't ensure peace of mind.

Mantri Tranquil residents rattled by demolition of compound wall
Illegal doings have become tricky. If you take the case of recent charges against a school that they were conducting classes for some grades without sanctions, that is natural and how it actually works. You build a house, there is violation, you do anything there is some violation. Everyone is in know about this and there is a fee for keeping quite.

But something happens and the same administration will start acting against the people who committed violations !
Old 31st October 2014, 21:58   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Some eye-popping rates in property deals in past three weeks in Bangalore are:

Jayanagar IV T block : Rs 19,500 per square foot for a 1900 square feet BDA plot in a BDA E-auction

Vittal Mallya road : Rs 32,000 per square foot for a 24,000 square feet office space on top-most-floor of a five star hotel facing Cubbon Park

ORR : Rs 85 per square foot per month , paid by Flipkart , which has leased from Embassy group , a whopping three million square feet space in Embassy Tech village , thats for about Rs 300 crores per annum .

Mekhri Circle : Goldman Sachs exited the 'Four Seasons' project

'Guidance Values' of all properties across Karnataka in general and Bangalore in particular, and referred to / used by sub-registrar offices , are set to spurt averagely 30% with effect from tomorrow ie November 2014.

Last edited by vinay kamath : 31st October 2014 at 22:13.
Old 4th November 2014, 19:55   #1540
BHPian

Hyderabad has the lowest real estate rates among all the 6 metros. Apart from the political uncertainty, there are a whole lot of positives going for Hyderabad vis a vis other metros.

1) Non-IT companies are also coming up in a big way (Johnson and Johnson , P&G, Pratt &Whitney)
2) Safe zone w.r.t natural calamities (earthquakes, floods, cyclones etc)
3) Good local transport (MMTS/city bus), Metro going to start soon
4) Salubrious climate throughout the year (except 15 days in May)
5) No natural or man-made boundaries or at any direction (North, west,east, south) limiting the scope of development. Chennai , Mumbai (Sea), Bangalore (Hosur is in TN) have some limitations.

I feel it is a matter of time before real estate prices picks up in Hyderabad. What are your thoughts folks?
Old 4th November 2014, 21:08   #1541
BHPian

Hi friends need some suggestions regarding A khata for my apartment in Bangalore.
Our apartment is constructed on a A khata plot. However, the builder has not obtained commencement certificate at the time of commencement of building construction, as a result of which occupancy certificate is not issued by bbmp.
Now there is a big question, as to how do we obtain A khata for the individual apartment units. Legal experts say that only B khata can be obtained.

Kindly request some suggestions and ideas on this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th November 2014, 12:57   #1542
BHPian

Hi Rki2007,

As far as I know, CC and OC are mandatory for the flat to legally get A Khata. CC and OC inturn are possible only if your apartment is constructed within the building bylaws and deviation not exceeding 25%. Almost never will you get an OC if this is violated. There is some hope that akrama-sakrama might help but I m not quite sure if its applicable for apartments also.
Old 27th November 2014, 13:00   #1543
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Now there is a big question, as to how do we obtain A khata for the individual apartment units. Legal experts say that only B khata can be obtained.

Kindly request some suggestions and ideas on this issue.

Thanks in advance.
The exact same situation with me as well. I have got a B Khata done, though it is not absolutely necessary.
Does your building have violations? Horizontal/vertical? Has the building been constructed exactly as per the approved plan?
I think the builder has deviated from the approved plan (which is what 80% of the builders do) and hence he doesn't have a CC. I believe Akrama-Sakrama is the way out, waiting for it to come out of the draft stage into implementation stage.
Old 2nd January 2015, 04:51   #1544
BHPian

Hello members,

I am contemplating buying a flat in Mohali, sector 114 Awho. Can someone with knowledge of the area guide me if this place is a good investment from rent or sale perspective few years down the line?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Himanshu
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:17   #1545
BHPian

Has anyone here heard of Chowriappa group of builders in Bangalore? I'm interested in their property coming up on Hennur Main road. Do let me know if there's anyone who has booked an apartment here already?

Another question. How do you bargain with the builders about cost? This is the first time I'm buying a house and my first interaction with guys at Purva Midtown was quite amusing. They came down from the price of 1.17crores to 90lakhs without even me bargaining. All I did was not showing him any urgency. I'm sure there are quite a lot of apartments unsold everywhere in Bangalore.

Or maybe I should wait for this bubble to burst. What say?

Most Viewed