Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2020, 19:40   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

I like following real estate sales across the country and usually the pan-India reports come out every quarter.

Prices have definitely softened across the country, but demand has also been picking up.

Maharashtra's Department of Registration & Stamps dashboard updates sale data on a daily basis. This is then used to analyse the property market.

As you can see, after the Maharashtra government cut stamp duty from 5% to 3% for a period starting from Sept 1st to December 31st, sales have soared.

The best selling projects are also listed.

The Property / Real Estate Thread-ejvjhjeu0aaxauc.jpg
avishar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 09:43   #2402
BHPian

I am eyeing the BDA site auction. They are a very safe bet apparently. I've read thru whatever's available in the public domain. What remains to be known is:

1. Typically, how much higher than the launch rate does the bid close at ? Let's assume it is an ordinary plot and not a corner plot or is facing a preferred direction etc.
2. Is EMD a part of the 25% that needs to be paid if you are L1 ?
3. Any other pointers from the experts.

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2020, 17:54   #2403
BHPian

Dear members, what is your opinion about Salarpuria Sattva Serene Life project? It is situated around 3Km from Bangalore international airport and the builder is quoting 60L for 1200sqft plot (haven't started negotiation nor visited the site. All my enquiries and research has been through phone or online). Is this a good price for that location? Any concerns about the developer or the project? I am planning to go visit the site this weekend. I would appreciate your feedback, if any before that.

One negative I could immediately notice from Google maps is that the project is situated around 2KM along a straight line from the second runway which is being developed. Will there be any problems due to this? I am not worried about a plane crash but will there be any restrictions on height of building construction?

Last edited by nagr22 : 5th November 2020 at 18:17.
Old 5th November 2020, 18:46   #2404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Will there be any problems due to this? I am not worried about a plane crash but will there be any restrictions on height of building construction?
High rises around such areas always will have to obtain all necessary permissions.

It's the same case in Yelahanka as well due to the presence of Airforce Station.

So you should not worry on what happens tomorrow as long as the papers for the property have all the valid approvals in place.
Old 6th November 2020, 16:03   #2405
BHPian

Quote:

One negative I could immediately notice from Google maps is that the project is situated around 2KM along a straight line from the second runway which is being developed. Will there be any problems due to this?

Since you are eyeing for 1200 sft plot, then you can only do g+1 or maybe g+2 so you dont need to worry about the height limitation. But still check with the builder on what is allowed to build in the layout. Also check whether its a gated community or just open plots? On the location front, think of it from the long term usage point of you if you buying it for self use. Things are changing wrt how we work, shop ,schools etc. e.g. my office announced full time work from and from any locations within the country. This may start happening with the other companies too in the coming years. Visit the site at different times like morning and late evening to get a feel of the surrounding area.

Last edited by ajmat : 6th November 2020 at 21:44.
Old 6th November 2020, 16:46   #2406
BANNED

The planes could be constantly landing and taking off.

So, if you are meaning 2 km from end of the runway, you may want to avoid.

But if you mean 2 km from the runway from its edge, it will be ok.
Old 6th November 2020, 17:53   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear members, what is your opinion about Salarpuria Sattva Serene Life project? It is situated around 3Km from Bangalore international airport and the builder is quoting 60L for 1200sqft plot (haven't started negotiation nor visited the site.
One negative I could immediately notice from Google maps is that the project is situated around 2KM along a straight line from the second runway which is being developed. Will there be any problems due to this? I am not worried about a plane crash but will there be any restrictions on height of building construction?
Two viewpoints.

1. One of my previous apartment (sold) was near the Pune airport (>3 kms distance as the crow flies) . While my apartment complex had no issues with regards to getting necessary approvals, I remember a lot of apartment complexes closer to the airport facing some constraints; some even that were in the final stages of construction. Basically the builders had not got all the right approvals through the right routes. Get that checked by a lawyer.

2. My current (rented) apartment complex is right in the line of one of the runways of the Mumbai airport, and our complex is smack middle in the direction of planes' landing route. So every time a flight is going to land (especially the bigger international ones) and is passing over the complex, the noise is pretty high. We have got used to it, but it's better if you don't have it. My friend who lives on the other side of the airport (directly in the take-off direction line of the runway) has never had any issues at his place.
More than the fear of crashes, understand the direction of flights on that runaway.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 01:07   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the project is situated around 2KM along a straight line from the second runway which is being developed. Will there be any problems due to this?
If you already have or are planning to buy a drone, you will not be able to use it in the property. Areas around airports and other sensitive areas are no fly zones. I live near the HAL Airport and can't even test start my drone at home. I just won't take off.
Old 8th November 2020, 08:51   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
... I live near the HAL Airport and can't even test start my drone at home. I just won't take off.
Curious, to know if it your self restraint or there is RF jamming in the area that prevents usage of the drone indoors?
Old 8th November 2020, 13:27   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Curious, to know if it your self restraint or there is RF jamming in the area that prevents usage of the drone indoors?
The DJI app itself doesn't allow take off based on the gps location.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 13:57   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The DJI app itself doesn't allow take off based on the gps location.
Considering the app is on a phone, you know that apps are available for rooted devices that can spoof almost everything including location data. Not sharing this so you can use it in restricted areas but for some troubleshooting at home, such methods can be useful for someone like you.
rdst_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 14:16   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I am eyeing the BDA site auction. They are a very safe bet apparently. I've read thru whatever's available in the public domain. What remains to be known is:

1. Typically, how much higher than the launch rate does the bid close at ? Let's assume it is an ordinary plot and not a corner plot or is facing a preferred direction etc.
2. Is EMD a part of the 25% that needs to be paid if you are L1 ?
3. Any other pointers from the experts.

Thanks.
My FIL had bid for a BDA plot in Vishweshwaraya layout a few months back. The ending bid was more than double the launch rate. We were out long before that. Came as a shock the kind of rates people are willing to pay for a BDA plot.

The bidding website is pretty good just that it works on Java and hence need internet explorer. Was a big pain until we understood it was IE which was the issue.
anandhsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 18:08   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Considering the app is on a phone, you know that apps are available for rooted devices that can spoof almost everything including location data. Not sharing this so you can use it in restricted areas but for some troubleshooting at home, such methods can be useful for someone like you.
I know there are work arounds but don't want to get into that in an open forum.
Old 9th November 2020, 21:03   #2414
BHPian

Quote:

One negative I could immediately notice from Google maps is that the project is situated around 2KM along a straight line from the second runway which is being developed. Will there be any problems due to this?
Thank you everyone for your opinions and suggestions. I visited the plot yesterday and I was very impressed by the landscaping, wide roads in front of every plot and it's proximity from the airport toll road (<1.5km). While me and my wife were taking a stroll inside, we could hear a loud noise of an aircraft engine and a turboprop plane zooming over us. The noise was deafening but the Aviation enthusiast inside me just loved the view . A house there would be every planespotters paradise!

I am attaching the location of the plot w.r.t. the runway.
The Property / Real Estate Thread-untitled.png

This project is approximately 3.5km from Runway 2 and if we were to consider that planes follow a 3° glideslope, the planes will be flying just 200m above our head in this place. Honestly I was hooked but my wife brought better sense into me. It is very difficult to live under constant aircraft noise and even if we choose to endure it, future tenants or buyers might not think the same and we might be stuck with it forever. So finally we decided to drop the idea and our hunt for a plot in Bangalore continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
High rises around such areas always will have to obtain all necessary permissions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Since you are eyeing for 1200 sft plot, then you can only do g+1 or maybe g+2 so you dont need to worry about the height limitation.
You both are right. There is no restriction for G+2. I got to know from a friend that Salarpuria is a builder known for high rise buildings and this is their first plotted development. They initially brought this land parcel for building a high rise residential tower and that time Bangalore had only 1 runway. After the 2nd runway was planned, AAI did not provide approval to construct a multistorey building and so they are liquidating the land by selling the plots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
More than the fear of crashes, understand the direction of flights on that runaway.
If I am not wrong, take off and landing directions of aircraft are decided based on prevailing wind directions. I agree that take off direction of runway will be less noisy compared to the landing side due to take off slope being grater than the landing slope. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You seemed to have lived near airports multiple times. I showed your post to my wife and tried convincing her to go for it saying it's not that bad ( I know. I am a fan of airplanes) but she showed me articles cautioning about long term health effects due to exposure to high intensity noise near airports and vetoed it.
Old 16th November 2020, 11:39   #2415
BHPian

For the attention of property owners in Bengaluru.

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...ne-915380.html

https://thebengalurulive.com/now-you...y-scrap-value/

Quote:
With the ostensible objective of protecting people from getting duped by fake property documents, BBMP has decided to put all property-related documents into DigiLocker. Aimed at providing paperless governance to Bengalureans, the exercise will first cover 100 core wards for E-Aasthi — Property Records Management System. To kickstart the project, the civic agency has selected three wards under Shantinagar assembly constituency, which will transition to E-Aasthi with immediate effect.

The 100 core city wards fall under BBMP’s east, west and south zones, while the remaining 98 wards in the outer areas will be covered after six months. The 100 wards consist of 7.5 lakh properties, while the three wards selected for the project under phase one will cover 23,000 properties.
The three wards are Shanthala Nagar (ward 111), Neelasandra (116) and Shantinagar (117). The remaining 97 wards will be covered in the next two weeks.
https://thebengalurulive.com/no-midd...ssures-owners/
Quote:
We received many queries through e-mail from people worried that BBMP was asking them to visit the concerned assistant revenue officer’s office to complete the digital document procedure. TheBengaluruLive took up the issue with BBMP Commissioner N Manjunatha Prasad, who categorically clarified that not a single taxpayer who owns property in Bengaluru needs to visit BBMP’s ARO offices as the entire procedure has to be completed online by the owner.
Prasad said that as the project is in the initial stage, “we are asking residents from three wards — Shanthala Nagar, Neelasandra and Shantinagar — to approach the ARO office to complete the procedure.” He added, “Once we convert these three wards, we will be make the portal link available for residents of the 97 core Bengaluru wards falling under East, West and South zones. The residents will need to complete the procedure online on their own by filling in components from 18 to 46, as BBMP already has components from 1 to 17. There will not be any middleman worries and the entire procedure will be transparent.”
The BBMP Commissioner claimed that the civic agency wants to “bridge the gap” between taxpayers and the administration. “We do not want taxpayers to visit their respective ARO officer or tax inspector. The E-Aasthi project will be driven by the property owner, and will be linked to his/her Aadhaar,” Prasad said. He pointed out that BBMP currently accesses all property data in Bengaluru from the Sub-Registrar department through the Kaveri software. “Citizens need to complete the components from 18 to 46. For this, citizens will have to use their Aadhaar-registered mobile number. Once the procedure is completed, their property documents will be stored in DigiLocker. BBMP will create an account if citizens do not have any,” Prasad said.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks