Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 12:53   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalored: some help needed

Completely agree with Nikhil.

First of all, getting a decent 1BHK accommodation in city within 8K is very difficult (There is huge demand for 1BHK everywhere)

Koramangala/Forum is not far away from E-city as there are BMTC bus services from E-City Wipro gate to Silkboard through elevated flyover and it will take much lesser time than reaching from many other nearby locations.

If you stay at city just for the sake of occasional outing, you will have to fight with the daily traffic from Bommanahalli to Koramangala etc etc which can be a pain.

You can easily find good accommodation near to Wipro gate no 16 (right?) or Doddathougur, just opp Velanganni tech park.

You will have easy access to NICE road and can reach the other side of the city quickly

Last edited by coolclouds : 24th November 2011 at 12:59.
Old 24th November 2011, 14:35   #902
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalored: some help needed

I agree with the post above, if there is nothing critical (Like kids, Job and sometimes for Wife's Shopping) for which you need to be in the city limits its better to be away from the city and enjoy the fresh air.

Before we became parents we always stayed away from the city (well slightly away) so as for shopping and needs its not too long a drive, its peaceful, calm, quiet and cold (especially in winter).
Old 26th November 2011, 17:45   #903
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

So finally got a 2 bhk near bommanahalli. Rent of 11k, it has covered car parking, and wife's shuttle service covers that route. Walkable distance from e-city is not actually 'walkable' so found a flat that is not too remote from urban amenities or too close to traffic congestion. A real thanks to all the replies..
Old 26th November 2011, 21:58   #904
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on the going rates (old and new apart) in the opposite of More? The road that leads to Kagadasapura from Choice Bakery. I see many construction too in this area. Currently a big mess due to the bridge works, but may be a good one once its all set.

Less than 3-4 KMs from K.R.Puram, so trying to see if any good projects around here + price. Thanks.
Old 28th November 2011, 15:22   #905
BHPian

Hi Guys!

My wife and I are looking to purchase a new apartment in Chennai. We have a small query about the housing loan. The loan amount we are looking at is about 10-15 lakhs. Both of us earn enough to get the loan sanctioned easily.

Now my question is this. Can one of us get the loan sanctioned in our name? Or do we need to have a co-applicant for the loan? We would really like one of us to be loan-free in the current economic condition. We have spoken to banks like ICICI, Axis and SBI. Both Axis and ICICI have said that it is necessary. However, SBI said that it is not needed as each of us earns enough to get the 10-15 lakh loan sanctioned in either of our names. We really don't want to co-apply for the housing loan.

We are in such a dilema. Can you guys help? Any pointers, information about this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Cheers!
Old 28th November 2011, 19:54   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hi Guys!
We have spoken to banks like ICICI, Axis and SBI. Both Axis and ICICI have said that it is necessary. However, SBI said that it is not needed as each of us earns enough to get the 10-15 lakh loan sanctioned in either of our names. We really don't want to co-apply for the housing loan.
You don't have to apply together as long as you are willing to register the property in the name of the borrower.

However if you want to jointly register the apartment, most of the banks insist on a joint loan.
Old 30th November 2011, 21:51   #907
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea what are the fees charged by advocates to get property verification done. Two years ago, for a takeover loan for an apartment, SBI sent me to one lawyer who charged Rs.1500/-. Now I went to him independently for another apartment, the same lawyer is charging me Rs.15000/- (He said minimum). I feel like I am being taken for a ride by the lawyer - talks all kind of unnecessary things - like how everybody on earth is a cheater etc. - I wasn't too comfortable with the guy, but I needed to get the documents scrutinized, so agreed.
Old 1st December 2011, 00:42   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
Does anybody have any idea what are the fees charged by advocates to get property verification done. Two years ago, for a takeover loan for an apartment, SBI sent me to one lawyer who charged Rs.1500/-. Now I went to him independently for another apartment, the same lawyer is charging me Rs.15000/- (He said minimum). I feel like I am being taken for a ride by the lawyer - talks all kind of unnecessary things - like how everybody on earth is a cheater etc. - I wasn't too comfortable with the guy, but I needed to get the documents scrutinized, so agreed.
Last year I paid 15k for the verification and all the paper work and registration (under the table fee at sub-registrar office extra ). I suppose, if the lawyer is good and does the verification properly, it is reasonable. The 1.5k charged by him was for just a formal verification by the bank.
Old 8th December 2011, 10:16   #909
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to understand the "extra" these builders charge. I see that some builders charge VAT & Service charge. And some charge VAT only at 8.25%.

I have seen builders calculating the VAT @ 8.25% on the total basic cost + car parking.

I also see that there is a supreme court verdict highlighting that Car Parking are not suppose to be sold and it comes under "Common area + Amenities"

Man, can anyone clarify this?
Old 8th December 2011, 11:45   #910
Senior - BHPian

why should builders charge VAT when the government extracts the stamp duty from the buyers as well?

reg parking - orders are orders. on paper.
Old 19th December 2011, 03:37   #911
BHPian

Hi friends..

I need some update on the HM World City, JP Nagar 8th Phase. Has any Bhpian purchased a flat in HM World city. Some basic questions are:-

1)How safe is the locality.

2)How convenient as regards outlets.

3) Do you recommend to purchase.
Old 19th December 2011, 09:22   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends..

I need some update on the HM World City, JP Nagar 8th Phase. Has any Bhpian purchased a flat in HM World city. Some basic questions are:-

1)How safe is the locality.

2)How convenient as regards outlets.

3) Do you recommend to purchase.
When I was looking out for a flat last year, I did see this one. Honestly at that time I felt it was expensive. I felt HM Builders are demanding the price of a Sobha or Brigade.
Also I feel the area/locality still needs to develop for a decent living. As you rightly pointed out, safety looks to be a concern as it looks very aloof to nearby habitation. Not sure of the water facility also. The building itself looked isolated then but I haven't seen it recently.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:07   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
When I was looking out for a flat last year, I did see this one. Honestly at that time I felt it was expensive. I felt HM Builders are demanding the price of a Sobha or Brigade.
Also I feel the area/locality still needs to develop for a decent living. As you rightly pointed out, safety looks to be a concern as it looks very aloof to nearby habitation. Not sure of the water facility also. The building itself looked isolated then but I haven't seen it recently.
Yes, the locality looked deserted six months back but, now the konankunte cross from Kanakapura road has developed very well. The approach from Jumbo Savari--Royal county layout seems still isolated.
Old 26th December 2011, 18:45   #914
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Fellow BHPians -

Any one explored the Villas of Concorde Projects at Kanakapura Road - Concorde NAPA Valley ? I had a look at the project and it looks nice, except for the distance ( which is relative ). Its 2 KM's beyond Brigade Gateway project, just opposite Guhan Tara resort road.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:42   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
why should builders charge VAT when the government extracts the stamp duty from the buyers as well?

reg parking - orders are orders. on paper.
VAT and Stamp Duty are covered under different Acts in the respective States. Hence, they are collected seperately.

-Harshavardhan

Last edited by harshavardhan : 29th December 2011 at 11:43. Reason: Typographical Error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks