Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 21:02   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gun Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
Can the people who own a .177 cal air pistol/ air gun comment on the reasonable range of such devices?

P.S.: I apologize in advance as this post is kind of OT for this thread, but I feel this would be the best place to get the answers I seek. Did not post on the accidents thread as this was bloody not one.
@Mods: please move this post to another more suitable thread if there is one.
The range is definitely more than 10 meters for both air pistols and rifles, you have to find the projectile to determine if it was a weapon. A flat head pellet can cause more surface damage on impact.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 21:48   #497
BHPian

Thank you both.

Sadly no projectile was recovered while taking the glass apart.

Although I have to rely on the word of the service centre staff on this. The point of impact was in the area which is covered by the frame of the rear hatch on the inside. So I had left instruction with the service centre staff to look for any such foreign object while dismantling the shattered glass.

Is there a possibility that the projectile would have ricocheted outward after the impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Since something has hit the glass from outside, were you able to find the projectile inside the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
you have to find the projectile to determine if it was a weapon. A flat head pellet can cause more surface damage on impact.

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 19th August 2023 at 21:50.
Old 19th August 2023, 21:59   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
Thank you both.

Is there a possibility that the projectile would have ricocheted outward after the impact?
That's the word I couldn't get, yes it's a possibility as it's a smooth, hard and curved surface, something similar happens with large caliber rounds when they hit water.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks