Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 13:57   #16
BHPian

Awesome !!

Great work! I hope you have framed these, think about a exhibition? Or you can have them up at any of the Motor Shows they have! Seriously they are well detailed and can make a good collectors item. Cheers! Keep up the good work.
Old 29th September 2007, 01:06   #17
BHPian

Love them.Your a great artist
Old 29th September 2007, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Tin, your sketches left me speechless! By the way, do you sell them on ebay?
Old 29th September 2007, 14:02   #19
BHPian

those look real good love the eleanor and the cutlass or actually i love all of them.
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:30   #20
BHPian

sorry it took me so long to get back, just moved house and didnt get my t'internet hooked up til today. thanks for all the great comments, i guess im doing something right then.

@ram, used to live in crescent springs ky, just moved to latonia ky. i dont drive anymore so i guess i dont technically have a car, my wife drives a dodge caravan lol i used to drive a renault 5 gordini turbo the low wide arch one, but i got banned 5 years ago in england for drink driving after i smashed it into 4 parked cars doing 70 in a 30 zone (stoopid of me i know) iv grown up alot since those days.

for my sketches of cars iv been using just a technical pencil, my other passion is tattooing so iv started drawing without blending (better practice cos you cant blend tattoo ink with tissue paper) the pics i posted are slightley darker than the originals because the scanner lightened them alot and i kinda over darkened them a bit. for portraits i generally use charcoal itgives the faces the depth they need better than pencil alone.

and no i dont sell them on ebay, i do have prints for sale on my artwanted page but as yet i have never sold anything i have drawn, thats mainly the reason for the crossover into tattooing, there is really no money to be made in pencil drawings other than the odd commisioned profile here and there, but even then i can only really expec to make about $30 a portrait, 4 hours of drawing for $30 only pays $7.50 an hour so its not really worth it.

for anyone who wants to check out some of my portraits my artwanted profile is ArtWanted.com | martin hatton | Artwork Portfolio.

soon as i get down to doing some more cars ill be sure to post them here, sorry about the charger not showing i guess it was because of the file name being ba**ard spawn of general lee thanks to iraghava for sorting thet out.

oh and to whoever it was that ask if i draw anything other than american muscle, not as yet i dont but i guess ill give something else a try for my next sketch.
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin23uk View Post
soon as i get down to doing some more cars ill be sure to post them here, sorry about the charger not showing i guess it was because of the file name being ba**ard spawn of general lee thanks to iraghava for sorting thet out.
No problem there Tin! Keep posting more of your fabulous work here.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:36   #22
BHPian

Calm Down Guys!!

Am sorry may be am wrong, am not so sure how genuine these Pics are, I know that these kind of stuff can be done in Adobe Photoshop, and I think it is actually done using a photoshop.

Guys,
Try RightClicking on the Pictures and do a "Save as" see the name, it says "Mustangphotoshopped" etc etc personally suspect how genuine these Sketches are-What do you guys say? Is he taking us for a Ride?

Last edited by raghuram.cg : 10th October 2007 at 12:42.
Old 10th October 2007, 23:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Guys,
Try RightClicking on the Pictures and do a "Save as" see the name, it says "Mustangphotoshopped" etc etc personally suspect how genuine these Sketches are-What do you guys say? Is he taking us for a Ride?
I think you are watching too many detective serials.
According to him, these are scans of his sketches which were enhanced in photoshop. He even gave a link to his art page which has portraits, why don't you check them out before calling him a fake?
Old 11th October 2007, 00:12   #24
BHPian

Stunning sketches dude, keep em comin

Reminds me of chip foose who used to draw sketches on the overhaulin show which used to come on travel and living channel
Old 12th October 2007, 11:06   #25
BHPian

lol no they aint fakes, if you can do this with photoshop i would love to know how to do it. only time i used photoshop was after scanning, i darkened them back to closer match the sketch as my scanner tends to lighten pencil up alot, i guess its to do with the metalicy property of the graphite.

and besides that how would i do the modifyed dodge with photoshop i would need a photo to start with and i have yet to find a charger that looks remotely close to the one i drew.

i guess i could take the fake photoshop comment as a compliment tho.

when i get around to another one ill make a few work iin progress scans just for you so you can see they are hand drawn, not had much in the way of time for drawing recently though, just moved house so been working on my new place and my little boy just got out of hospital with pnuemonia.
Old 13th October 2007, 01:27   #26
BHPian

here thought i would show you what i meen about needing to run them through photoshop to make em darker, after shopping them they are slightely darker than how i drew them but i thought it looked much better to make the black areas black instead of the color of a technical pencil, i could have just used charcoal but i couldnt be bothered.

anyway heres a copy of the scan of the mustang before i photoshopped it, see what i meen about the metallic property of the pencil, my guess would be it reflects the light from the scanner and makes it real faint.

Old 13th October 2007, 02:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Calm Down Guys!!

Am sorry may be am wrong, am not so sure how genuine these Pics are, I know that these kind of stuff can be done in Adobe Photoshop, and I think it is actually done using a photoshop.

Guys,
i see you have been inspired from the other thread of cars in chennai to become a detactive .
no these pictures are hand drawn and when you do scan through photoshop the name would come through. the link to the site where more pictures made by tin are posted has been provided for veiwing. so it would first be good to research and then call someone a fake.
Old 18th October 2007, 08:16   #28
BHPian

sorry it took me so long to start another, i finally found the time to sit down and draw late last night so i started a mclaren mercedes slr (regreting my choice now, its pretty difficult to draw) figured i would post a wip photo of it to set raghuram.cg's suspiciouse mind to rest, sadly i dont know when its gonna get finnished because i messed my hand up boxing and am having a hard time holding a pencil so it will have to wait until the swelling goes down.

tin23uk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2007, 20:50   #29
SRK
Senior - BHPian

WOW!!!

Thats just awsome..I would say its better than a Pic!!!

By the way how do you sketch the whole car I mean?? do you trace it??
Old 18th October 2007, 21:42   #30
BHPian

i usually draw a grid, i start with printing out the pic im gonna draw and mark it off into 1cm squares, then i do the same with the blank paper i'm gonna work on, then its just a case of copy each block bit by bit. that gives me a decent idea of the shapes and dimensions then i erase the grid, touch up the outline and add in the smaller outline details such as the positions of small shadows and then start filling it with shading.

i started the same way with portraits but i have gotten to point with them that i no longer need the grids, hopefully i wont need to use grid lines with cars forever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks