Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 19:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thank God today was my last day of regular driving (31 months) on the dangerous roads leading to Gurgaon. From Monday, shifting to NOIDA which is less than 12 km from home.

Last edited by vasudeva : 13th February 2009 at 20:03.
Old 14th February 2009, 13:24   #62
BHPian

JAMMED ExpressWay

I was returning from Gurgaon yesterday night and got stuck at the Mahipalpur flyover. The traffic was returning from the flyover and turning to go underneath. What a chaos. I had to take shortcut and detours and finally went back to Gurgaon and reached delhi via mehrauli.

Does anybody know what happened there last night!
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:17   #63
Team-BHP Support

Update:

I guess two wheelers are now legally allowed on the expressway, only to be driven in the leftmost lane.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Nopes. Just as of 30th I saw some fellows getting challaned!

On another note - OxiCash is just a bunch of fools and cheats. My account got debited yesterday morning itself - till now no topup of oxicash wallet.

It takes 3-5 mins to recharge in person at the toll plaza. Its taken 1.5 days + god knows how much just to topup the OxiCash Wallet. Hallelujah.

Stay away.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

****UPDATE****

The happy days are over. Its become a royal mess. Why?
a. Discount of 50% only available to people working/living within a 3km radius. Others can forget it. Those with working cards - please keep using them till you can.
b. Earlier you refilled in cash - hence the same tag could be used for full rate after expiry of 30 days. i.e you enjoyed discounted rates till first 30 days and used the remainder 30-40 bucks next few days. Now it just expires.

And all this when the quality of service has gone down the drain and idiots STILL pay cash in the tag lane. For someone buying a new tag with 1500 deposit makes ZERO sense!
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
****UPDATE****

The happy days are over. Its become a royal mess. Why?
a. Discount of 50% only available to people working/living within a 3km radius. Others can forget it. Those with working cards - please keep using them till you can.
b. Earlier you refilled in cash - hence the same tag could be used for full rate after expiry of 30 days. i.e you enjoyed discounted rates till first 30 days and used the remainder 30-40 bucks next few days. Now it just expires.

And all this when the quality of service has gone down the drain and idiots STILL pay cash in the tag lane. For someone buying a new tag with 1500 deposit makes ZERO sense!
i second that, it really is a royal mess.

the tag line are now reduced even furthur.

i wanted to shift to TAG, but its 1500 non-refundable deposit and no discount put me off.

i want to sue these bloody cons.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Jesus! This is madness. Idiots are prioritising revenues over throughput. They think its okay to keep people waiting for 5 min like other highway tolls. Third class solution for a world class expressway

All tags post Jan 1 2009 are non refundable. I bought mine in Nov 08!

Infact, in that sense, soon we'll see an informal trade system for old cards whose owners are now no longer in NCR!

Last edited by phamilyman : 2nd December 2009 at 12:52.
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:55   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Jesus! This is madness. Idiots ......
well, i always cross the toll at around 7:30 AM in the morning.

yesterday as i approached the toll, a Scorpio was just ahead of me. the guy had a TAG, so he went toward TAG lanes and i went towards cash lanes.

to my surprise, i could spot the same Scorpio in my rear view mirror after leaving the toll.

i think they are punishing people who bought TAG earlier at discounted rates, because with current rates only a not so smart (deliberately toned down criticism) will buy the TAG.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend's newspapers mentioned that it is the Traffic Police who have gotten the number of dedicated TAG lanes reduced & not DS Constructions.

What awesome strategists

Having said that, someone should take DS Constructions to court for the latest monetary scam that they've started (as in balances vanishing at the end of 30 days).
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:50   #70
Team-BHP Support

On DND flyway, they allow cash users to go in Silver lanes. Only catch? you pay 100rs toll instead of 20.
Why can't something so simple be implemented here?
Another funny thing I see is those huge three wheelers(Vikram, Minidor) go through the toll free bike lane and end up on the main expressway.
Seems like car owners are fools that they pay to use the expressway which slow moving vehicles use without any toll!
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
On DND flyway, they allow cash users to go in Silver lanes. Only catch? you pay 100rs toll instead of 20.
That's what everyone has been yelling about & the buggers are busy playing ping-pong with that as well. They (DSC) claim that they do not have any legal right to enforce penalties for using wrong lanes & that its the Traffic Police's job & responsibility.

The Traffic Police? The only time you see them there, they are either busying blocking a TAG lane for some VIP to pass through. Or (as in the past week or so), reducing the number of tag lanes & then standing & watching the mess but not bothering to do anything about it. Mind you - even with this reduction in TAG lanes, 40% of the cars passing through them are non-TAG holders. Beat that!
Seriously, how will this country of ours ever improve?????
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
pretty neat, this should be implemented here, the only grouse after that will now be that people will start backing up their vehicles all the way, to get into the proper cash lanes, causing traffic jams that would further delay the genuine TAG user.

Quote:
Another funny thing I see is those huge three wheelers(Vikram, Minidor) go through the toll free bike lane and end up on the main expressway.
Seems like car owners are fools that they pay to use the expressway which slow moving vehicles use without any toll!
these three wheelers and two wheelers are not actually allowed on expressway. a few months back the traffic police started challan-ing them.
the workaround these guys developed - drive in the rightmost lane.
that way no cop can come rushing towards the right lane risking his valuable life to challan them.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 2nd December 2009 at 15:10.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:12   #73
BHPian

Does it worth taking Tag now, I heard they Charge 1500 bucks but 1000 is the fee and 500 is toll value at discounted rate of 50%. Anyone has any idea.
Old 27th March 2011, 12:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick Guide to KM24 Toll Plaza (Delhi-Gurgaon border)

Just saw in today's newspaper that NHAI has revised toll rates by Re 1-2 from april 1. Private car commuters will pay Rs 21 at the 32-lane plaza and Rs 27 at the Kherki Dhaula plaza. At IGI plaza the toll is now revised to Rs 14 per trip.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th March 2011 at 12:01.
Old 31st March 2011, 17:05   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Quick Guide to KM24 Toll Plaza (Delhi-Gurgaon border)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Just saw in today's newspaper that NHAI has revised toll rates by Re 1-2 from april 1. Private car commuters will pay Rs 21 at the 32-lane plaza and Rs 27 at the Kherki Dhaula plaza. At IGI plaza the toll is now revised to Rs 14 per trip.
In all probability, will happen.
Although they are still struggling with the logistics/planning required for the change that will accumulate.(the 1 rupee coins given , and the stock of 9 rupees that will have to be maintained.Hey, not my words, its what the concessionaire said)

Plus, tags are available for 1300 bucks, if anyone is looking to get em.
I will, but just need to head a bit early one of these days.
Can anyone give the exact procedure?
dont bother if its already here.

Most Viewed