Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-200.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTeacher (Post 3294855)
Can someone please tell me where exactly in JP Nagar Phase 1 SN is? And their branch near Brigade Millenium?

SN Refreshments is located at the intersection of 12th Cross and 22nd Main of JP Nagar II Phase.

I am not sure of their branch near Brigade Millenium. AFAIK, this would be their only joint.

Thanks Arjun, girimajiananth, and JMaruru. Will check them out one of these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 3295261)
SN Refreshments is located at the intersection of 12th Cross and 22nd Main of JP Nagar II Phase.

I am not sure of their branch near Brigade Millenium. AFAIK, this would be their only joint.

They have a branch in Gaurav nagar . I have not seen it though.

Guys, any recommendations on where to get good Jolada rotti oota in bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan's_valet (Post 3314438)

Not tried the Jolada Ritu oota of late. Used to know that Kamat Yatrunivas in Gandhinagar(Majestic) was good. Try it if you are not too far away,or else the area is a pain to travel to and find parking.

If not kamat yatri nivas, you can try kamat bugle rock in basavanagudi for jolada rotti oota.

Quote:

I would recommend, Basant Residency in Gandhinagar (Behind Syndicate Bank, diag opp to the jain temple in that cross road there) as a place for good jolada rotti oota.

Other option would be Nalapaka in RajajiNagar (near Navarang Theatre).

Quote:

Why not drive down to Ramanagara and have Jolada rotti oota at Kamat Lokaruchi ? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 3295113)

Where exactly is Bow Barracks?

2nd Main Rd, Close to Double RD and OMR intersection. Opposite to a Just Bake shop. Quite nice food.

For good Jolad rotti oota, you can try Kamat bugle rock on Bull temple road after BMS college. Food is balanced taste wise

Kamat gandhinagar's quality standards as well as taste has come down .

If you want spicy(read hot) jolad rotti oota then go to Nalapaka. All items are on the hotter side over there.

Kamat Lokaruchi after ramnagara is not worth IMO because they charge higher than their city counter part and taste is almost same. Besides you have to spend on fuel too.

Quote:

If you live around whitefield, try the Kamat on the hoodi - graphite India road.
Tastes good and totally worth it :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 3314469)
Not tried the Jolada Ritu oota of late. Used to know that Kamat Yatrunivas in Gandhinagar(Majestic) was good. Try it if you are not too far away,or else the area is a pain to travel to and find parking.

Thanks Arjun. Although I heard the standard has come down off late. Havent tried it out myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil_007 (Post 3314477)
If not kamat yatri nivas, you can try kamat bugle rock in basavanagudi for jolada rotti oota.

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 3314688)
I would recommend, Basant Residency in Gandhinagar (Behind Syndicate Bank, diag opp to the jain temple in that cross road there) as a place for good jolada rotti oota.

Other option would be Nalapaka in RajajiNagar (near Navarang Theatre).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3315278)
For good Jolad rotti oota, you can try Kamat bugle rock on Bull temple road after BMS college. Food is balanced taste wise

Kamat gandhinagar's quality standards as well as taste has come down .

If you want spicy(read hot) jolad rotti oota then go to Nalapaka. All items are on the hotter side over there.

Kamat Lokaruchi after ramnagara is not worth IMO because they charge higher than their city counter part and taste is almost same. Besides you have to spend on fuel too.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will try out Kamat Bugle rock probably next weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3314775)
Why not drive down to Ramanagara and have Jolada rotti oota at Kamat Lokaruchi ? :D

It's not that big a craving. Anyways, driving in Mysore road is not a leisure one and the eating mood will soon vanish in the traffic.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3315412)
If you live around whitefield, try the Kamat on the hoodi - graphite India road.
Tastes good and totally worth it :thumbs up

Thanks mate. But its very far from where I say. But will remember to try it out the next time I am in that area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3314775)

I actually do just that whenever I feel like eating that stuff. A nice Saturday afternoon drive and yummy, simple food. It also helps that I live within a couple of kms of the Hosakerehalli Nice Road entry point, so I can be outside Bangalore within 15 mins of leaving home.:D

Any been to the Starbucks opened recently in Koramangala? Heard it is expensive and quality is average. Photos of the ambience look good though. They are opening two more stores, in Phoenix mall and Orion mall by this month end.

I went to the one at Taj Bombay and it was lovely. Superb ambience and location.
The Koramangala one is near my office so I will try it by and by.
However if at all possible, I prefer Segafredo for its coffee over Starbucks. The distribution of Segafredo unfortunately is rather poor.

Some pics.
Starbucks Taj Bombay.
A small sign outside Starbucks Senayan City Jakarta
A couple of pics of Segafredo Zanetti in Pacific Place Jakarta.

I really wish Segafredo would land in India!

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-image4195520368.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-image809687273.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-image3173119056.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-image530075974.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-image3727153701.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-image1327817148.jpg