Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-100.html)

A couple of queries:
1. We have tried out our regular North Indian food joints in and around Indiranagar( kund, roomali, treat,raaga). Are there any decent mid range( about Rupee 250 per head) north indian places that folks recommend in these areas? Even outer ring road is ok, frankly no idea on good ones hence posting here
2. Can someone guide me on decent clubs where the crowd is decent and one can recommend folks who are from outside india to visit? Somewhere there is a disc, decent food and decent crowd. In my list are Fuga, HINT, Amnesia. Any other places folks can tell( not sure if there is a thread for this or a site that one can look up also)

Try Arowana on ORR near Bellandur. The buffet costs around 250 Rs and I loved the starters there, although the food got a bit cold by the time we got served.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2094500)
1. We have tried out our regular North Indian food joints in and around Indiranagar( kund, roomali, treat,raaga). Are there any decent mid range( about Rupee 250 per head) north indian places that folks recommend in these areas? Even outer ring road is ok, frankly no idea on good ones hence posting here

Try Durbar above Pizza Hut on Inner Ring road (Diagonally opp to Dell). This place has good ambiance and very reasonable rates for the facilities provided. They serve good north Indian food:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aa_asif (Post 2094818)
Try Durbar above Pizza Hut on Inner Ring road (Diagonally opp to Dell). This place has good ambiance and very reasonable rates for the facilities provided. They serve good north Indian food:)

Have gone there a few times for Buffet, as it was just a walk across, good you mentioned it, should be decent even for a dinner i suppose.

Quote:

A couple of queries:

The Dhaba on ORR towards KR Puram from Marathahalli.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 2095133)
The Dhaba on ORR towards KR Puram from Marathahalli.

+1 for The Dhaba. The food is awesome and the ambience is good. Only problem is that the prices are bit high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 2095200)
+1 for The Dhaba. The food is awesome and the ambience is good. Only problem is that the prices are bit high.

I guess this is the same place as where Shogun and Malgudi is also there? Strangely once we had gone for a dinner, food was not at all close to what we had heard about, so if i mention a second attempt, will get no support from family :(

Quote:

2. Can someone guide me on decent clubs where the crowd is decent and one can recommend folks who are from outside india to visit? Somewhere there is a disc, decent food and decent crowd. In my list are Fuga, HINT, Amnesia. Any other places folks can tell( not sure if there is a thread for this or a site that one can look up also)

Try HARD ROCK CAFE @ ST.Marks road.
Though slightly Expensive. But a very good place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2095785)
Try HARD ROCK CAFE @ ST.Marks road.
Though slightly Expensive. But a very good place.

Cover charge is 1K, not sure if they have a dance floor.
Any inputs about Amnesia, HINT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2062759)
If you are coming from Ramakrishna Ashrama circle on Gandhi Bazaar road, take a left on DVG road and continue towards Vani Vilas Road. You should find it on your left side.

From Vani Vilas road, if you are coming form the K R Road flyover (towards Ramakrishna Ashrama circle), take a left immediately after the flyover.

If i am right, your directions should lead me to 'Mahalakshmi Tiffin Room' ? I have been to this place.

punjab dhaba on the GK Vale Road in koramangala - the dhaba is located next to the Car Accessory Shop SPROCKET. Next to PIZZERIA ROMANO.

then umerkot in koramangala - turn left at Sony World junction and go up the road when you are coming from Inner Ring Road from Indira Nagar. Umerkot comes on the left about 1km up from the junction.

If you like Non Veg then you cannot go wrong with Tunday Kebab on the Jyoti Nivas college Road (5th Block Koramangala).

[quote=mkh;2094500]A couple of queries:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2096144)
punjab dhaba on the GK Vale Road in koramangala - the dhaba is located next to the Car Accessory Shop SPROCKET. Next to PIZZERIA ROMANO.

That's really nice a place but the name is Oye Amritsar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh K R (Post 2096128)
If i am right, your directions should lead me to 'Mahalakshmi Tiffin Room' ? I have been to this place.

Yes, I guess I must have confused the name Mahalakshmi and Meenakshi.

thanks bud
i forgot the name - but blessedly yummy Punjabi grub.
ive eaten there 2 or 3 times and enjoyed it a lot each time.
consistently good fare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradipk (Post 2096172)
That's really nice a place but the name is Oye Amritsar.

Mast Kalandar also is good vfm. There in Indiranagar ( CMH Road ), Koramangala ( opp games village, near bethany high school ) and near MS Ramaiah / new BEL road..also on cunningham road.

More than Paranthas in Koramangala. expensive place. and Chandini Chowk opp this place..

Chandini chowk used to be good. havent been there in a couple of years..

And how can we forget Queen's on Church Street ?

If you're in the mood to drive, and come to Kalyan nagar, try Degchi. Its a small restaurant, but finger licking food. pure VFM.