Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-92.html)

Went to the West View Grill at ITC Royal Gardenia tonight for my wife's birthday. Absolutely the best spread of grilled meats I've ever eaten in my life. I can't recommend this place enough if you are a meat lover - you'll have a ball. They had everything - squids, octopus, massive tiger prawns, lobsters, halibut, trouts, quails, spare ribs, lamb chops, tenderloin et al and you are free to eat as much as you please.

The spread includes a selection of appetizers, soups, main course i.e. the grill, cheese, dessert and finally tea or coffee. For the quality, quantity, service and ambience, I'd give it 5 stars.

Paid around 5 grand for two including two glasses of decent wine and a 500 rupee tip. Superb value for money.

Very nice! I am tempted to check this place out. Do they have a vegetarian grill too? Other day I went to Caperberry next to Manipal Center on Dickenson road. Interesting space. Star chef Abhijit Saha was on vaccation. Had a few starters - Tapas platter etc. Found them a bit on the oilier side! Spanish cuisine I believe.

Me and my close friend tried 1 rupee idly dosa in cubbanpet with nonveg dishes the taste was awesome . Tried head fry , nati koli fry, leg soup and biryani was ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 2027406)
Me and my close friend tried 1 rupee idly dosa in cubbanpet with nonveg dishes the taste was awesome . Tried head fry , nati koli fry, leg soup and biryani was ok

All for one rupee ??? :Shockked:

^ Dosa only for Re.1.
Apparently a local MLA is trying to 'give back to society what he got from it'.

Ho hum.

Really dont know the motive but its serving a huge crowd and benefitting a larger audience

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 2030178)
^ Dosa only for Re.1.
Apparently a local MLA is trying to 'give back to society what he got from it'.

Ho hum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 2030728)
Really dont know the motive but its serving a huge crowd and benefitting a larger audience

Aah a new neta in the making I see. Well food for votes atleast helps the poor.

Guys any recommendations for a nice French restaurant in Bangalore. This would be for a large group of at least 12 people.

^^ Try French Quarters, next to Cake Walk IndiraNagar 100 Ft road next to the new flyover thats being constructed. I have been there a few times and its nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2036899)
^^ Try French Quarters, next to Cake Walk IndiraNagar 100 Ft road next to the new flyover thats being constructed. I have been there a few times and its nice.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Any idea about a restaurant called medici which also happens to be in Indiranagar.

Edit: According to this link, the French quarters seems to be closed.

^^ Strange, I havent been there for a couple of months so dont really know. Why dont you call and find out? I think I saw it open a few days back. There is another place called masala hut or something next to it which is under construction, maybe the person saw that. French Quarters is open only during Lunch or dinner hours so thats also a possibility.

NO idea about medici bro, sorry.

In Koramangala, we had Mexican food last week at the "Oceans". The food was decent. We had Tacos & Burritos. The restaurant is located on the Koramangala Club Road, close to Shanti Sagar.

Are there any other Mexican food restaurants in Koramangala ?

Yesterday me and 2 friends of mine had dinner at mangalore pearl on wheeler road and coles road junction. The place has very good ambiance and food is typical mangalore style. Seafood is awesome . A must try for karavali style lovers and seafood. A decent meal for 3 costed rs 1000

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 2040901)
Yesterday me and 2 friends of mine had dinner at mangalore pearl on wheeler road and coles road junction. The place has very good ambiance and food is typical mangalore style. Seafood is awesome . A must try for karavali style lovers and seafood. A decent meal for 3 costed rs 1000

till about 6 months ago me and my wife used to go to this place every weekend. i love the food there. but i don't know when he jacked up prices. i would spend 500 for 2 and a sumptuous meal at that.

I need to know if there are any good south Indian restraints in Indiranagar/Thippasandra/Jeevan Bheema nagar on the lines of Upahara Dardhani/Mayyas or other nice south Indian hotels in the south of Bangalore