Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-42.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBlazer (Post 1152876)
Had been to Rice Bowl (Lavelle Road) last week. The food is nowhere as tasty as it used to be.

BTW any idea if the older Rice Bowl (Brigade Road - Residency Road) is still around some place?

It used to be on Brigade Road loooooooong time back. It is no longer present on Brigade road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 1152972)
It used to be on Brigade Road loooooooong time back. It is no longer present on Brigade road.

I know. They later moved to Residency road and moved out of there too about a couple of years ago (I guess). Wondering if they had reopened elsewhere.

Anyone knows of good Chinese joints near Malleswaram / Sadashivnagar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBlazer (Post 1153279)
I know. They later moved to Residency road and moved out of there too about a couple of years ago (I guess). Wondering if they had reopened elsewhere.

Anyone knows of good Chinese joints near Malleswaram / Sadashivnagar?

Manjia, Vyalikaval Main Road.

There's a good Chinese restaurant on / near Margosa Road / 16th cross - forget the name Chin's or something similar - Hari (Lukeskywalker) & Carburettor Cauvery, Mahesh (mjothi) and I had been here a while ago. Good food, nice prices.

Havent seen the name Miller's 46 too many times here!

One of the best restaurants in B'lore today. Not too expensive too. We love everything abt that place. The only problem earlier was cigarette smoke, but after the ban on smoking in public places, it is perfect.

The bread and the garlic parsley butter they give is kickass. The Fresh lime soda sweet-salt is the best anywhere in Bangalore. They always get the proportions perfectly right.

I usually take some chicken or fish dish, but I have tried the beef too. It is simply awesome!

The chicken wings too is superb. Haven tried the TGIF wings, so I cant compare, but I love the ones available here. The Caesar's salad and the chicken salami are very good too.

For four of us, who had 3 salads, one plate of 10 piece wings, 4 main dishes and 2 fresh lime sodas, the bill was 1.5k. In today's scene, I think that is fantastic!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1153668)

Where is this place?

On Miller's Road. You go down Cunningham Road. Take a right at the signal at the end of it. Keep going straight and on the right side, you will see it. Parking is available very close to it too.

Pass Miller's 46, take the right turn(where Mahaveer Jain hospital is there) and you can park in any place on that road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1153668)

Heyyy!!! What's that supposed to mean?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 906236)
Try steaks at Miller's 46.

ive been to millers but i dint like the steak's that much only thing good about the place was the ambiance..once i ordered barbeque steak there all they did was put heated ketchup on a piece of meat and heated it n gave it..
Le Rock has got much better barbeque steaks than millers.
if you love steaks try elements on nandidurg road pretty decent imo..

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1153688)
Heyyy!!! What's that supposed to mean?!

I meant too many times!! It has been mentioned before. Not enough I would say give nthe quality of food there!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1153690)
ive been to millers but i dint like the steak's that much only thing good about the place was the ambiance..once i ordered barbeque steak there all they did was put heated ketchup on a piece of meat and heated it n gave it..
Le Rock has got much better barbeque steaks than millers.
if you love steaks try elements on nandidurg road pretty decent imo..

Damn Vinay, you just got unlucky I think. It is usually awesome!!

+1 To millers. The beef steaks are just too good. There are tonnes of beef lovers who rate it No 1.

Millers 46 is the only place in blore that has good beef steaks done the right way. Every other steak place is a poseur to be honest. I love this place - reminds me of Outback Steakhouse or Applebee's. The portions are huge and the pricing is spot on. Their Long Island Ice Tea is pretty decent as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 1154333)
Millers 46 is the only place in blore that has good beef steaks done the right way. Every other steak place is a poseur to be honest.

Have you tried "The Only Place" ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 1154395)
Have you tried "The Only Place" ?

It was good once upon a time. Before ROC shifted to B'lore.

Nowadays, the quality isnt what it was earlier.

Ahem! This is my first post on this topic, couldn't resist since the issue of sizzlers came up. I don't know if it has been mentioned before, I have found the steaks at Tiffany's darn good. Have been recommended Millers 46 by several people, yet to make it there. Now I want to check it out asap given the fab reviews it has here...