Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-44.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1167670)
Just remembered the coffee shop in IISC. They serve awesome double omelets with the sup noodles and a cup of coffee. What an amazing evening snack sitting below the trees at IISC.

Now my mouth is watering and I have this sudden craving for the omelets.

Your father will disown you if he finds out you've been eating omelettes! :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1167670)
Just remembered the coffee shop in IISC. They serve awesome double omelets with the sup noodles and a cup of coffee. What an amazing evening snack sitting below the trees at IISC.

Now my mouth is watering and I have this sudden craving for the omelets.

Then you must try "Egg Factory" on St Marks Road. Awesome place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1166885)
Folks need pointers to some good veggie restaurant's in town. Being a carnivore myself, I have no clue about good veg restaurants. Need a good place with nice ambiance.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

If you have the time & patience to drive along hosur road, why dont you give a try @ e-inn. It is a nice posh pure vegeterian restaurant + boarding (I guess for high profile visitors to Narayana Hrudayalaya & Biocon) with No alcohol, No smoking.

I feel they have a much bigger spread of continental & indian dishes in the buffet with the desserts section being awesome :D

For Rs 225 / person, I find it reasonable to taste such a wide spread of vegetraian stuff compared to many others like Cafe Masala or BBQ Nation, esp as a veggie heaven :)

It is about 2+ KMs from Electronic City & comes on the right side (on a cross road - but you cant miss the huge building) when you are driving down towards Hosur. If I am not wrong, after EC, you cross one big chaotic junction n continue further down & you need to take a first right turn to go to this place.

I even googled & found their website for your quick reference: e-inn, business hotel, bangalore star hotel, exclusive business hotel, vegetarian hotel

The restaurant I mentioned is Time traveller. You have it mentioned in the website anyways.

good offers on food & beverages for Citibank credit card customers

Citibank India | Great Offers

^^Nice link. Thanks for the update. Most of the places I go to seem to be on the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 1168112)
Then you must try "Egg Factory" on St Marks Road. Awesome place!

Yep nice varieties of EGG dishes. Try the manipal connection ones(Mota special etc). Definetely VFM
Had been to ISTA @ LIDO. Superb ambience ( Garden restaurent)
Buffet - 750Rs/person Not many dishes in the buffet, But definetely very tasty. Mutton soup was one of the best soup I ever had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1166885)
Folks need pointers to some good veggie restaurant's in town. Being a carnivore myself, I have no clue about good veg restaurants. Need a good place with nice ambiance.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Though not strictly vegetarian, here's a list where you get good Veggie food.

Queens - church Street. Great food, not so great ambience.

Eden Park - ShivajiNagar. Best Andhra Food in town. Their garden outside is a good place for a leisurely beer.

Ramana's - Cunningham Road. good food, ok ambience. Veg only.

Tijouri - Hotel Atria Intl. Good Veg choice and you get Veg. Hyd biryani as well along with Mirchi ka salan and Khubani-ka-meetha !!!

Grameen - Raheja Arcade Koramangala. Veg only.

Emgee's - MG Road. Next to Gangaram's

RAjdhani - UB City. Quick meals.

SahibSindhSultan - Forum Mall,

Khansama - UB City

Jamavaar - The Leela

Degchi - Kalyan Nagar - Banaswadi.

Bay Leaf - Raheja ARcade Koramangala.

Reviews on bangalore.burrp.com

I heard that BBQ Nation has dropped prices for lunch, anyone been there recently?

Another update.
Had been to Thames Inn(Barron's INN) at Jayanagar 5th block for dinner.
This place has the walls decorated with water flowing.
Excellent fish food, decent ambience and very fast service.
Price of dishes are moderate.

Also had been to S hotel opposite mini forest in JP Nagar.
Ambience is good .. Food not so great .

Went to Via Milano near Sony World junction in Koramangala.

Food was just about average for the price. I expected better actually. But the service was really good. The waitress actually knew about the food in the menu. But sadly, not all of it was available, which was pretty weird.

Oh and a killer Long Island Iced Tea they have. Must have.

Another update .. Went to Zaika ( Wine and Dine ) which is in brookefields above Nilgiris .. This place is near to CMR IT engg. college which is close to Kundanahalli gate.

The food was bad .. soup was horrible .. service was just ok.. ambiance of the place is Ok .. the price was sky high and the place is just not worth it .. I butter naan costs 50 Rs, one missi roti costs 40 Rs and other dishes are priced accordingly .. Guess what .. the waiter gave me 3 A4 sheets in which the menu was printed ... :(

I ordered for Tandoori Paneer Tikka and when the dish was delivered I asked for some lemon and the waiter replied "Sorry sir .. No lemons are available now" ... what a lemon I got !!!!!!! This restaurant is just above Nilgiris store and they could have got it easily .. This shows how irresponsible they are .. For the sake a finger bowl they gave us some verrrrrrrry hot water of course without a lemon ..

Do I need to tell anything more .. This place is a strict NO NO ...

Thats bad. Such places ought to be shut down!
Happened to talk about the new eateries in Indiranagar, and my parents mentioned atleast 15-20 new places that opened up since I left B'lore in 2002. Including Nagarjuna, Nandhini palace, and a bunch of 'dosa camp' places!
Can't wait to get there!
Any recommendations on a good place for kabab rolls,in and around Indiranagar?

Kaati Zone, for the hygiene-conscious. Very good stuff, fresh, never disappoints. Not too cheap though. For the cheap stuff, Shahi's at the RTO. Their best rolls are the beef ones, if you eat it.

2 new places just opened above Take 5, I hear. Gotta check them out.

Nitin, when are you here?

Radha regent is a new hotel in Electronics city next to the fire station inside phase 1. Food was very good and they are having an offer for this month, buy one buffet and get the other free so Rs.300 for 2 lunch buffets.

There's a Kaati zone in E-city HP, dies anyone know if it's open to public and where exactly it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_boy (Post 1262293)
Another update .. Went to Zaika ( Wine and Dine ) which is in brookefields above Nilgiris .. This place is near to CMR IT engg. college which is close to Kundanahalli gate.

The food was bad .. soup was horrible .. service was just ok.. ambiance of the place is Ok .. the price was sky high and the place is just not worth it .. I butter naan costs 50 Rs, one missi roti costs 40 Rs and other dishes are priced accordingly .. Guess what .. the waiter gave me 3 A4 sheets in which the menu was printed ... :(

Had been to this place along with my colleagues, and came back not so happy. Service wasnt up to the mark, and the buffet which we chose hardly had any variety at all. Decided that we werent going there a second time.

PS : They did offer a complimentary beer though.