Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-46.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1262715)
And when does (meaning, which month) this week long festival happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1264122)
Khan saab, when is this fesitval going to be held? I've been to one such festival 12 years ago.

Usually starts from the first week of July. Last year it was from 4th July onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1262440)
Radha regent is a new hotel in Electronics city next to the fire station inside phase 1. Food was very good and they are having an offer for this month, buy one buffet and get the other free so Rs.300 for 2 lunch buffets.

We had been to this place for a team lunch- the spread was good and 150+tax for a person is a good deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1262440)
There's a Kaati zone in E-city HP, dies anyone know if it's open to public and where exactly it is.

This is not open to public, there is also one inside the infy campus and again this is not open for public

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1264561)
Fanoos is still very very good - a few of us went there last evening for a quick bite & ended up having many bites!

I was going to Fanoos after ~13 years.

Sweet! I haven't been there in 10 years,myself. Hoping to do so this June!
Maybe a TBHP meet at Fanoos would work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1264811)
Usually starts from the first week of July. Last year it was from 4th July onwards.

Thank you Sir! (Unfortunately,I'll miss it this time too.Will be in B'lore only until the 23rd! Sigh! )

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemo (Post 1265028)

This is not open to public, there is also one inside the infy campus and again this is not open for public

There is a Kaati zone in the HP campus too, dont like it much. Ah yeah its not open for public.

Edit : saw it now that vid6639 has mentioned that already.

Had been to Kabab studio @Goldfinch hotel, High grounds for midnight buffet.
Ambience is really good, and good view too. Food was good too
Buffet was 599 Rs/head, but not much of varities.

Guys,

Try Welcome to Asiainabox for home delivery/takeaway of Asian multicuisine from their kitchens at Koramangla and at Hennur Main Road (Fraser Town).

Online ordering (not tried yet!), reasonable prices, good portions (especially the curries), excellent delivery times and very courteous service.

Tell Dexter it's Sanjeev from Neeladri Mahal who recommended you :-)

Guys wanted to know at what time does FANOOS shut shop on a friday night.

Please advice

got the 2009 kingfisher food guide. I felt its much better than times food guide.
and recently went to indijoe's next to diamond district and the food was pretty good.
any idea's about pricing in TGIF

TGIF pricing 10% more than indijoe

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 1305550)
TGIF pricing 10% more than indijoe

Atleast that much but the place is Awesome. I make sure I visit it atleast once a month.

if you relish your asli ghee ki dosas,rava idlis, idli vadas, meals and everything else try Samrat restaurant in Seshadripuram, opp: natraj theatre. Quality's good (better than some of the reknown veg places),decent service and ample parking (when there are no parties/weddings).Seems like they also have car service.

Occasionally may get to spot a few nice mercs/beemers, sub machinine gun toting black cats and folk from the kannada film industry

tried this place called samarkand on infantry road. Loved the ambiance, good food especially the Dum biriyani .But not so much happy about the pricing 350 rs for the biriyani and almost all dishes are priced around 300rs.
as its under the bjn group they put in the 10% service tax so i avoided the tip.
bill came to 1500 for 2 people!!

Anybody living in BTM/Bannerghatta Road/Dairy Circle nearabouts, can try out Chicken County food. Its a low budget eatery, but pretty clean and hyegienic, predominantly for chicken lovers, as the name suggests. Stick to the Indianised chinese chicken dishes, and you woudl be satisfied. Meal for two about 250-300 bucks, but the quality of chicken is pretty good. Tastewise also its decent. Situated bang opposite Accenture/Sagar Automobiles. Takeaway is best, though they have decent seating facilities. :)

Today we tried out "Kolkatta" in Koramangala 4th Block/ ST Bed area. Its a nice place and I would strongly recommend it for both Veg and Non-Veg folks.

Also, they are starting a lunch buffet at Rs. 199, from 25th of this month onwards. Planning to try that as well and will update my feedback on that as well.

Had been to Khansama at the UB city lovely restaurant and the food was great aswell , went for buffet , Rs 350 plus tax .