Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1055594)
Indijoe's at RMZ Infinity, Old Madras Road, Bangalore: Check out the outdoor section now. Some people will be pleased. Hint: The indoor section can seat more than 30.

Found their service downright pathetic. Jay, 0111 & myself went there a couple of months back around 3pm. They refused to serve us anything but the buffet. 10mins into our lunch they said, they were clearing the tables, so we had to eat as much as we could or serve it within the next 5 mins. We gave them quite an earful asking why they suggested us to have the buffet in the first place if they were to shut it down in 10mins. Needless to say, after paying so much we were treated really horribly. The three of us vowed never to visit that place again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1047891)
Had been to Samarkand on Infantry Road to celebrated my mom's birthday.

Bugger couldnt come and say hi??

Ehh? Where were you?!?!

^^His office is in the same building :P.

aaah ok :p

But it was around 9 in the night. You work so late?

I need suggestions for a good vegetarian INDIAN buffet lunch for about 20 people on a weekday. A mix of North and South Indian would be preferable. Somewhere around I'Nagar would be desirable as I would dislike driving across the city.

Does Annachi have buffet lunches/dinners? I know its only Chettinad, but I am open for that too. My Budget is around 200/- per head (slightly stretchable). Some members are of the previous generation, so Mexican, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Carribean, South African and all Non-Indian cuisines get ruled out, so do Non-veg cuisines.

A dinner also gets followed later, so some ideas would be great! A light lunch + heavy dinner? Heavy lunch + light dinner? light lunch + light snacks + light dinner? Organising a party has never been my forte. Participating in a party has been my strength! heh!

Prajwal

Quote:

Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap (Post 1056376)
I need suggestions for a good vegetarian INDIAN buffet lunch for about 20 people on a weekday. A mix of North and South Indian would be preferable. Somewhere around I'Nagar would be desirable as I would dislike driving across the city.

Does Annachi have buffet lunches/dinners? I know its only Chettinad, but I am open for that too. My Budget is around 200/- per head (slightly stretchable). Some members are of the previous generation, so Mexican, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Carribean, South African and all Non-Indian cuisines get ruled out, so do Non-veg cuisines.

A dinner also gets followed later, so some ideas would be great! A light lunch + heavy dinner? Heavy lunch + light dinner? light lunch + light snacks + light dinner? Organising a party has never been my forte. Participating in a party has been my strength! heh!

Prajwal

SouthIndies on 100ft road? BBQ Nation for dinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorsaLove (Post 1043495)
Barbeque Nation is a good place for a team dinner at approx 500 bucks. BUt giving unlimited booze could cause a problem so it is better to PAY FOR YOUR OWN BOOZE setup which usually works.

Which area are you looking at?

Hey bro, thats exactly what we did. Had a great time:) The only thing is that they dont give u food bills for liquor so re imbursement is an issue for alcohol. Food and service were excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 1056429)
SouthIndies on 100ft road? BBQ Nation for dinner.

Srini, I dont think it will fit his budget. I had gone to SouthIndies once and it is prettty expensive . BBq nation will be 509 per head for food only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1055766)
Found their service downright pathetic. Jay, 0111 & myself went there a couple of months back around 3pm. They refused to serve us anything but the buffet. 10mins into our lunch they said, they were clearing the tables, so we had to eat as much as we could or serve it within the next 5 mins. We gave them quite an earful asking why they suggested us to have the buffet in the first place if they were to shut it down in 10mins. Needless to say, after paying so much we were treated really horribly. The three of us vowed never to visit that place again.

yeah, this place is just walking distance from my house but is only visited as the last resort. Service used to be pathetic but was a little better the last time I went (a month and a half back.)

Checked out More than Paranthas in Koramangala. Awesome food.

I have heard some not-so-good-reviews about SouthIndies, apart from the fact that they are way over-priced. Rs.500 per person in BBQ-Nation is also a little beyond my stretchable budget.

Anyone knows any purely vegetarian buffet offerings?

Prajwal

IMO Southindies is quite ok. Not a lavish buffet, but is pure veg.

For other options try this link.

Search Results for vegetarian restaurants on burrp! Bangalore

Others I can think of :

- Roomali with a view
- The Village ( above Annachi. North Indian food ). They will probably do a fixed menu for a large group.
- Punjabi rasoi also has good reviews but I've not been to the place myself.

cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1055766)

Who asked you to go there in the afternoon? :D

Anyway, my post was more about the outdoor section and what is allowed there now.

Bobby da dhaba has changed it's location from the Gurudwara to ulsoor near foto flash. Last time I went there were boards informing of new address.

Also has anyone tried Shankar Bhel house on wheelers road near frazer town. Went there this weekend and this place is super crowded and the bhel puri is really yummy. It's a road side chaat joint. I read an article about the place in times of india and decided to check it out.

where near Foto Flash ? towards Lakeside Hospital? Metro Cabs/ Bengali assoc, or towards the MEG center ?

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 1057267)
where near Foto Flash ? towards Lakeside Hospital? Metro Cabs/ Bengali assoc, or towards the MEG center ?

thanks

I'm still trying to find out. Still haven't gone to the new location. Will let others know when I do go. It just says near foto flash ulsoor lake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1057209)
Who asked you to go there in the afternoon? :D

Anyway, my post was more about the outdoor section and what is allowed there now.

lol: whats this story with afternoons now?

We sat in the outdoor section only.