Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-43.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 1154395)
Have you tried "The Only Place" ?

I have as a matter of fact. Their stuff is an indianized version of the real thing - quite spicy. Millers is the closest to the American Steaks you get in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomsday (Post 1154433)
Ahem! This is my first post on this topic, couldn't resist since the issue of sizzlers came up. I don't know if it has been mentioned before, I have found the steaks at Tiffany's darn good. Have been recommended Millers 46 by several people, yet to make it there. Now I want to check it out asap given the fab reviews it has here...

Tiffany's isn't a patch on Miller's. They used to be very good in the old days, early to mid '90s.

My brother had a meal at Miller 46,and wasn't 1 bit impressed with the steak. Didn't blame him,coming from cattle-land Texas! The sides weren't that good either.Not sure if he had mashed potatoes or steamed veggies on the side.

It's true, though. Miller's has been having the odd off-day lately, ever so often. I had the distinct displeasure of chewing my way through what could have well been burnt rubber once recently. But the place has only let me down that one time.

Went to Tasty Tangles - UB city - supposed to be a noodle bar

Good service but all the dishes tasted the same. Doused in soya sauce

actually i dont eat beef.. so its only chicken steaks for me, i guess so beef steaks must be what millers is known for :)

I still think Millers 46 is awesome for steaks, especially when their master chef is around. When not, avoid it.

Another place for the best pepper steak in town is Juke Box koramangala, just amazing and still the same quality for many years. A nice chilled beer on a saturday afternoon with this steak is great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prithvi;1158123b
Another place for the best pepper steak in town is Juke Box koramangala, just amazing and still the same quality for many years. A nice chilled beer on a saturday afternoon with this steak is great.

That's one place I've been meaning to go to for over a year now, but it's somehow eluded me.

There is this small joint near JNC in kormangala, where you get amazing beef burgers. I am trying to remember the name, just been there only once. There are 3-4 small restaurants close to each other and the one i am talking about is in the basement of the building.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavy_foot (Post 1162073)
There is this small joint near JNC in kormangala, where you get amazing beef burgers. I am trying to remember the name, just been there only once. There are 3-4 small restaurants close to each other and the one i am talking about is in the basement of the building.

Pizza Port? That place is awesome!!

Folks need pointers to some good veggie restaurant's in town. Being a carnivore myself, I have no clue about good veg restaurants. Need a good place with nice ambiance.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

The new South Indies on Infantry road is pretty good for vegetarian stuff. Had an office party there recently. The set menu was excellent. Everything other than the deserts which I didn't have tasted yummy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1166885)
Folks need pointers to some good veggie restaurant's in town. Being a carnivore myself, I have no clue about good veg restaurants. Need a good place with nice ambiance.

If you are looking for North Indian, Most of the BJN restaurants (Cafe Masala@Eva Mall, Khansama@UB City and Sahib Sindh Sultan@Forum) have good veg options. Rajdhani@UB city seems to be quite popular as well although I haven't tried it myself. Although it is pricy, F&B@St Marks Road (Bouquet of Flowers) is a very good choice as well. Ada Hind Ki on Museum road is quite nice and is a lot less crowded.

Little Italy is a very good veg option for Italian.

If you were looking for good south Indian food and didn't care about nice ambiance, I would have suggested Sri Krishna Kafe, MTR, Nandhini and Kamat for their awesome veg meals.

Just remembered the coffee shop in IISC. They serve awesome double omelets with the sup noodles and a cup of coffee. What an amazing evening snack sitting below the trees at IISC.

Now my mouth is watering and I have this sudden craving for the omelets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1166885)

Little Italy, 100 Ft Rd, Indiranagar. Supposed to be the best Italian ristorante around, and pyooor veg. Stands to reason I've never been near that place.