Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamdiesel (Post 1490467)
Is is the same lane towards Ranga Shankara or JP Nagar Police Station?? Was thinking of visiting a small restaurant that looks like dhaba this weekend..

Yeah its near that.There is one veg hotel opposite to that dhaba.Take the road on its left.There you will find the place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 1490390)
Thanks, I have travelled 10000+ times on this road:Frustrati still never knew about this briyani centre.

Yep u'll miss 10000 times, coz it's situated in small house.
Just after the hump towards your left, green house.
Had been there last saturday, but I always get parcel from there.(70 Rs-Chicken Biryani)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1492724)
In between Deccan Herald building and the building that housed the Coffee House earlier, there is a complex with a circular building inside - that's the Shrungar Complex. It has has small touristy shops (including one that is a currency exchange joint) near the entrance.

Thanks DerAlte,
Never noticed, had been there many a times for SBI, Jewellry shop. Shall try next time.

Does anyone know what happened to this Andhra style eatery called RR? Used to be at the junction of Church Street & Brigade Rd. This there's a Nike/Reebok showroom there now.
Used to frequent the place way back in the early 90's. Thought they moved elsewhere,but never really heard about it after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1502379)
Does anyone know what happened to this Andhra style eatery called RR? Used to be at the junction of Church Street & Brigade Rd. This there's a Nike/Reebok showroom there now.
Used to frequent the place way back in the early 90's. Thought they moved elsewhere,but never really heard about it after that.

Hotel RR is on Church street in the same building where Hyderabad Mahal restaurant is situated. Its on the 2nd floor IMO. This building is right opposite to NASA pub.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamdiesel (Post 1502783)
Hotel RR is on Church street in the same building where Hyderabad Mahal restaurant is situated. Its on the 2nd floor IMO. This building is right opposite to NASA pub.

Yes, I'm aware of the location, but does this eatery still exist? I thought they closed down long time ago. Was an ardent fan of their chicken biriyani!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1505293)
Yes, I'm aware of the location, but does this eatery still exist? I thought they closed down long time ago. Was an ardent fan of their chicken biriyani!

It still very much exists and their Biryanis are still very tasty and yummy! One of the best biryani making restaurants in town.

I had been to Biryani Mane for lunch 2 days back. The biryani was really good.
Tried both Mutton Biryani & Chicken Biryani, but MB was better than CB.
Worrisome thing is that, there are no chairs to sit, but it's more like darshinis, where one has to stand and eat. But anyways looks neat & clean restaurent
Biryani Mane is just after Foodworld towards your left on Jaynagar 7th Block on way to Banshankari bus stop(Kanakpura Road). Nearest landmark is Deepak nursing Home

Guys, looking for decent place around South Bangalore (Koramnagala, JP Nagar, Jaynagar) for hosting a team dinner for about 20 people today ( Saturday)? Buffet/À_la_carte anything is fine - no preference on cuisine aswell - just food no drinks - The damage is on me so the lesser the better ;-)

thanks for any suggestions....

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemo (Post 1524452)
Guys, looking for decent place around South Bangalore (Koramnagala, JP Nagar, Jaynagar) for hosting a team dinner for about 20 people today ( Saturday)? Buffet/À_la_carte anything is fine - no preference on cuisine aswell - just food no drinks - The damage is on me so the lesser the better ;-)

cannot think beyond barbeque nation. VFM. but, it fails on the monetary damage part. it hits you with a 500 buks/ person.
otherwise, inchara in jp nagar 6th phase (puttenahalli rd) is good for good food.

Checked on Hyderabadi Biryani location and found this:
Quote:

#82, 2nd Cross Rd, 24th Main Rd, JP Nagar 2nd Phase, Near RV Dental College, Bangalore, Karnataka 560078 (Hyderabadi Biryani)
080 3020 4919‎
09886016564‎ - Mobile
Couldn't reach the land line #. Tried mobile # n ah a wrong #. Has anyone come here recently?

Quote:

You may like to check Punjabi Times on Bannerghetta Road (near Jayadeva flyover).

Best Regards.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1524622)
cannot think beyond barbeque nation. VFM. but, it fails on the monetary damage part. it hits you with a 500 buks/ person...

Will go with the above suggestion.

20 people, serving time, ordering confusions, bill verification and all such issues with a large group outing is negated when you got to BBQ Nation.

Once you decide on the type of course (I reckon, even on Saturdays you have the two choices for lunch) the BBQ sticks start arriving almost instantaneously!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1525437)
Will go with the above suggestion.

20 people, serving time, ordering confusions, bill verification and all such issues with a large group outing is negated when you got to BBQ Nation.

Once you decide on the type of course (I reckon, even on Saturdays you have the two choices for lunch) the BBQ sticks start arriving almost instantaneously!

just got back from Mangalore pearl on coles road. amazing sea food.cost? not much at all. absolute VFM. highly recommended.

3 quarter Chinese nice ambiance decent food well priced buffet.
3/5 from my side.
located on church street next to amoeba.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1525561)
just got back from Mangalore pearl on coles road. amazing sea food.cost? not much at all. absolute VFM. highly recommended.

Hey bro, where exactly is it? Would love to try it out.