Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-95.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 2053202)
I m near domlur flyover on (18th main) 100 ft road. are there any good north india/punjabi food outlets near to this place??

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2053284)
Try lajawaab, next to the ICICI bank on the CMH road. Good North Indian food.

Well my friend, I dont know if you saw my reply or not but I ended up having my dinner there cos my wife saw me suggesting to you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2051203)
One more place in Gandhi Bazaar is Kolhapuris.. Opposite to food world. Very tasty dishes. Small place.
Try Shivaji mess, next to Banshankari bus stop. Now they have opened in a big place. You can go with your family. Very good Biryani you get here.
Better avoid Amaravathi when you are with family.

Thanks Sushrutha! Does kolhapuri's have ragi balls on their menu ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2051247)
Prashant is right next to Roti ghar. It is in the first and second floors of the corner building. The entrance is a narrow flight of stairs from the cross road. They have a separate family section. Btw, If you are looking for ambience and such stuff, forget this place.
Kolhapuri's is dead opposite Prashant. This is situated in the GandhiBazaar Market complex (next to SBI ATM). Even this is a good place.
For family dining, it best you avoid Amaravathy. As dreamdiesel and sushrutha have already said, it is just a small dinghy place.

Thanks Addy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind.dk (Post 2051864)
even you can give a try in "chandoo's" malleshwaram. ragi mudde-naati koli is too good there. but not for family!
once again as one of our friends said earlier in the forum, you should forget those "ambiance" kinda stuffs.

Now, where is this chandoo's in malleshwaram ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 2053511)
Thanks Sushrutha! Does kolhapuri's have ragi balls on their menu ?

Thanks Addy!

Now, where is this chandoo's in malleshwaram ?

IIRC Kolhapuri's does have ragi balls on the menu.

Chandoo's is in 8th Cross Malleshwaram. You have to take a right at 8th cross from Sampige road. The hotel comes to your right side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 2052823)
I cannot find scrambled eggs-on-toast anywhere near Koramangala. Any place nearby, please ?

Why not come till St Marks Road and try EGG FACTORY.
Nice egg dishes & most are VFM dishes.

The Egg Factory on St.Marks road is really good (its located on the road just before Dewars). Their ambiance is completely laid back, excellent international music, great great food. The owner Yogesh ensures every customer is satisfied and he takes inputs to improve. They serve only Egg and veg dishes. No meat. Coffee,tea, packaged juices, fresh mocktails available. I am a regular there.

@Sushrutha and Ashwin, thanks a ton ! Let me try the place out on one of the weekends for breakfast. I was depending only on Koshy's all these days !

I knw I am going way off track, but if anyone is interested in having some good Thai,Burmese or Chinese cuisine and I am not talking about the Indian-Chinese which is rampant everywhere, then one may have a look at The Aroy - Restaurant.Bar.

This place is one notch up in my top 5 picks in Bangalore.

Reasons :

01. Superb Ambience.(Open Air and Inside)
02. Super friendly and accomodating Staff.
03. Roof Top.
04. Great quality and quantity.

Refer - Aroy

Do make a reservation even if it is a weekday as it is frequented by many on both weekdays and weekends. Ask for Ajeet or Nobu. They are the ones I normally go through to get any requests or reservations done.

Happy Dining !!

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 2053202)
I m near domlur flyover on (18th main) 100 ft road. are there any good north india/punjabi food outlets near to this place??

I suggest you go to Ulsoor Lake which is roughly 2.5-3 km from Domlur and try out Bobby's Dhaba next to the Gurudwara. You will not miss it because there is always a huge Q there! I strongly recommend this place! :)

Note: Do not go there if you're expecting 'decent' ambiance. It's the great Punjabi food that keeps the cash-registers ringing at that place!

A new restaurant has opened at Raheja Arcade, Koramangala - Om restaurant.

It is a pure vegetarian restaurant which serves homely food.

I am not the kind of person who visits veg restaurants. For me, eating out = non veg.

But I decided to visit this place just out of curiosity. I tried the veg thali.

The food was good, but a bit too bland for my liking. (I like eating spicy food)

Visit this place only if you are craving for north indian style home cooked food, do not expect typical restaurant type food.

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 2046356)
If you are near Mekhri Circle, do try a restaurant named Afrina. We tried it recently after visiting another boring ICE exhibition. The food was simply superb and is reasonably priced. This place can be found opposite the entrance to the palace grounds. Since the road is split by a divider, you can access it only if you are moving from Windsor Manor towards Mekhri Circle. Though the ambiance is average, the food more than makes up for it. I'll go to the extent of saying I've never tasted anything like this in Bangalore. Remember to try any one of their noodles or fried rice. If you are not a big fan of hot food, remember to tell him to go easy on the red stuff. Since you can see them cooking the food through a glass window, you can be sure of hygiene. The manager is also very polite and treats you like royalty. It is a pity that the location is kind of like the middle of nowhere :)

I just came back from this place having a wonderful dinner. Absolutely lip smacking food these fellows make. They are not even 1 month old and obviosuly trying their best but amazing food they make. Not at all expensive and absolute VFM.

The ambience is not that great and they are still not done with their interiors, as told by the owner Anwar. It might take some time to create the atmosphere they want and it is slightly understaffed. They can do well with another person or 2. Great news is that they are ready to deliver all the way upto Hebbal area so that I can eat away to glory watching TVclap:

@triedeverything, thanks for trying this restaurant and recommending :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 2055895)
I just came back from this place having a wonderful dinner. Absolutely lip smacking food these fellows make. They are not even 1 month old and obviosuly trying their best but amazing food they make. Not at all expensive and absolute VFM.

The ambience is not that great and they are still not done with their interiors, as told by the owner Anwar. It might take some time to create the atmosphere they want and it is slightly understaffed. They can do well with another person or 2. Great news is that they are ready to deliver all the way upto Hebbal area so that I can eat away to glory watching TV

@triedeverything, thanks for trying this restaurant and recommending

What kind of cuisine is served at this place ? Any recommended dishes ?

Will give it a try next time I am near Mekhri Circle. :thumbs up

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2056277)
What kind of cuisine is served at this place ? Any recommended dishes ?

Will give it a try next time I am near Mekhri Circle. :thumbs up

Rohan

North Indian, Mughlai and Chinese. We tried Kashmiri kabab, Chicken lollypop, Fried rices and noodles. Couldn't try more because of the space constraints in the tummy :)

Every dish was worth it. Whatever dish you try, am sure you will not be disappointed.

P.S - I remember the owner mentioning increase in staff and variety of cuisines as well. But when I don't know. They are not even a month old, so may be we might get to see a few more dishes a few months from now.

Anyone interested in proper bengali food?

Visit Bhojohori Manna!

One of the very good bengali food restaurants.
Home away from home food!
If you are fond of fish preparations, this place is a must try!
Bengalis will know what I'm talking about:

Ilish Macher Paturi (A preparation of Hilsa Fish)
Daab Chingri (Lobster cooked inside a tender coconut)
Kankra Jhal (Crab Red curry)
Barishali Ilish (A typical Hilsa fish Prepartion from Bangladesh)
Chingri Malaikari (Prawns in a soft coconut paste)

Prices are a bit on the higher side, a meal for two will cost around Rs 1000 - Rs 1200.
At first glance, it seems to be too costly and probably offers much less than what it can offer. The decor and ambience is not upto the mark.
But I dont care...
The food is Fan-bleeding-tastic!

Visited Laajawab on Saturday- pretty good as a matter of fact the wife liked it so I too had to fall in line. For those continental types please do visit Herbs and Spices, Whitefield. The fare is good but you will keep coming back for the ambience!! Anyone dined at the Saffron Patch, whitefield??? if so any feed back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by preetam_KORG (Post 2057748)
Daab Chingri (Lobster cooked inside a tender coconut)

It is prawn, not lobster.