Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-109.html)

Had been to "Parika" in HSR Layout. It is adjacent to Mc Donalds and beside Punjabi Rasoi.

Food is typical Mangalorean and specialty is seafood. It is part of the Kudla group in Ramanashree Hotel.

Food is excellent. tried Neer Dosa and Kori Gassi and it was fab. Fish is slightly on the non-spicy side. They have live Crabs on display to choose from.

Tad bit on the expensive side for both food and drinks. Very good ambiance to have a drink with friends or with family as well.

Went to Chillis- HAL airport road. Its amazing how cheaper places in the US, attract a heavy premium in india. The location is not that great, as parking is little tricky, good that they have valet parking.
The decor is nice, as expected, but the prices are high as probably its a novelty for India. The food was ok, not that great, but the service was nice. The bill shocked us, as almost 25% extra -service charge and VAT. I guess makes me think that i need to visit places where they steal VAT, we only end up paying tax to govt and see it go in a black hole!

Hae Kum Gang, excellent authentic Korean restaurant. Located in castle street, (above planB) Bangalore. They serve Chinese too. Must try for people who enjoy food from the east. Its not your regular fried rice serving Chinese restaurant.

Servings are generous and definitely authentic.

Ambiance: good.

Price: Meal for 2 comes around Rs 1000.

Parking: Sigh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 2166371)
Went to the newly opened Nandos on Church street today.
=================
They also have some burgers and wraps and I would suggest you stick to those offerings if you are not very comfortable eating chicken with bones, that too with a fork and knife...like me.

Wow, that's about the price you'd pay here in Sydney for the same Nandos!

Went to Silver Metro for team lunch today. They have 2 Euro coaches and few tables arranged in between, nice Idea. We reached around 12.15 and very few people were there. But it got crowded by 1. Food is strictly average quality, and it costed 2.5K for 6 people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 2245936)
Holy moly! I want that NOW!

We went to this place called Flame and Grill on Church Street, above Mainland China on Sunday for lunch. The cuisine is very similar to BBQ Nation and Kabab Studio. Unlimited starters and then buffet. The kababs were just AWESOME! Soft and succulent. It is as good as Kabab Studio. Difficult for me to choose between these two places.

also been to Silver Metro, Total Mall recently. A little on the expensive side, but good food. The ambience is wierd and nice!

I've heard of Flame And Grill, and I've heard good things about it! Would love to try it!

I'll be going to Spiga for lunch this weekend! Will post a little report on it when I get back home!

The food at Silver Metro is average, especially for the price you pay! Loved the subway-station ambiance though! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2257774)
Went to Silver Metro for team lunch today. They have 2 Euro coaches and few tables arranged in between, nice Idea. We reached around 12.15 and very few people were there. But it got crowded by 1. Food is strictly average quality, and it costed 2.5K for 6 people.

They were quite good when they started off, even the pricing was very attractive. I guess they are prey to the usual syndrome we see, attract folks and then lower quality/standard. Pity why i see so many go this way

Hi fellow foodies,

I am would be taking my colleagues (15-20) for a treat next week.

Please suggest some good restaurants in Koramangala for buffet lunch on weekdays. Also mention the approx rates. My budget is around Rs 250-300 per head.

Do these restaurants give any discount for bulk bookings ?

Rohan

Hi,
Need to go to Aioli (HRBR layout) tonight. Confused directions when I called them. Can anyone give me directions from the ring road, approaching from the PAi Layout side? Thanks. (Or ideally, GPS coordinates)

"Suggi" has opened a new branch at JP Nagar. Just happened to see the board and had lunch there. Food and ambience is really nice. I felt that the quantity is offered is quite less looking at their prices. Meal for 2 costed us Rs 650.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manojgautham (Post 2270587)
"Suggi" has opened a new branch at JP Nagar. Just happened to see the board and had lunch there. Food and ambience is really nice. I felt that the quantity is offered is quite less looking at their prices. Meal for 2 costed us Rs 650.

"Suggi" is pretty inconsistant in terms of taste and quality.

Recently when we visited their Basaveshwar Nagar branch, we repeated our order for a particular dish and the dish that came out was far inferior to the dish which was served earlier!

And one more point: Avoid weekends! The service is pretty slow. . .

Had been to Zoe's- near ESI hospital Indiranagar.
The ambience is average, decor too. However we had heard a few good reviews so went there with mixed expectations
The soup was really nice so that settled a few doubts
Ordered Non Veg Sizzlers and Paneer Shashlik( hope spelling is ok). Food was good indeed, though it was not so cheap
Costed us about 300 per head in all.

Nice to see this thread,I am what one would call a returning Bangalorean,was passing through the city the other day and went around looking for all my old haunts and thankfully they still exist and they exist in better taste-form than the scores of new ones that have opened!

1.Casa Picola,Indiranagar:The ambience and service even today is enough to give any of the other restaurants a run for their money.The staff remembered us after close to 7years!Their UFO burgers still taste the same and the stroganoff is still good.The trademark casserole seems to have undergone some kind of a change and does not taste like the olden days.

2.Nalapakka in Rajaji Nagar:The place is still as dirty as ever and the people who work there,well their heels have cracked all the more and more dirt accumulated in them,but the food is still amazing.Jolada Rotis,Badnekkaye Pallya,Akki Rotis.Place is still going strong

3.Corner House Ice-creams:Wow CH seems to have sprung up like the darshinis in every nook and corner,theres one on 12th Main,Indiranagar as well wow.I can see that inflation has hit them big time,DBC is now at INR 120,phew thats a huge increase from its 80rs days and the HCF has jumped from 60 to 80 and they have changed it from being served in the glass to a flat tub-not to my liking.The staff well they are still at their grumpiest best.

4.Chung Wah is still around for the budget chinese food eaters.Thank God for these little mercies.

5.MTR:Yipeee we finally got place there for lunch thanks to a friend who came early and did the honors for us.Lunch is still heavenly,the new age buffets take a bow.Learn the art of serving without a smile from MTR and they still close their doors at 3!

6.The vadas at all the darshinis look to have undergone a shrinking in their sizes!But they still continue to taste good.The idlis have fallen out in quality with more idli rava being added.So a thumbs down for them

7.Ganesh Juice Center:The brand has definitely caught on,as I could see a lot of Vinayak Juice Centers and Ganesh centers with changes in logos etc.The juices still taste yummy and they are still value for money.

Not sure if there is an existing thread around this, but wanted to a single point of reference where we could list all restaurants in Bangalore (and probably other cities too) which have high-chairs for kids. Surprisingly many high-end and expensive restaurants offering international cuisine skimp on this while some of the international chains are a lot better.

As of now, the only places i know off are
1. McDonald's (at least the Brigade Road outlet)
2. Taco Bell (at least the Koramangala outlet)

Can others please chip in. I suppose this information will be useful for fellow "foodie" members with kids.

I know a place.
The name of the restaurant is '24th Main'
The place and the food is good and they do give
high chairs for kids. I have been there and I know.

Address:
Cross Roads Inn, 24th Main, 12th Corss, 2nd Phase, JP Nagar, Bangalore
Landmark: Opposite LIC Quarters Phone: 26588620, 26588621, 9448202777, 9900092563.

Like all good restaurants on weekends do expect to be on the waiting list.