ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

But seriously are there any reports about the MRF Wanderers on Safari's
Old 8th October 2009, 12:50   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
No one that I know - I think its been Yokos followed by a couple of Michelins, Tanveer's Contis & Aman's BFGs
Old 8th October 2009, 13:20   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
No one that I know - I think its been Yokos followed by a couple of Michelins, Tanveer's Contis & Aman's BFGs
Suman, i guess they are good and would give some good performance.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:33   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
put up the writing SAFARI on the claddings as written in the Pajero... the sticker guy.
Can we not get these done from the same source who manufactures the team-bhp stickers. May be mods can help us with them? I am sure we will have quite a few customers, some of them are already on this thread . Not sure though how will it look on all black VX?

-BJ
Old 8th October 2009, 13:45   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Can we not get these done from the same source who manufactures the team-bhp stickers. May be mods can help us with them? I am sure we will have quite a few customers, some of them are already on this thread . Not sure though how will it look on all black VX?

-BJ
\

Maybe you should get it it orange color or so
Old 8th October 2009, 13:51   #1701
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

-BJ
Good Idea - I would put my hand up for one as a buyer. I guess black or White is what would be seen on the standard cladding as well as on all the other colours (white on black safari and black on White safari). Though for the wacky ones as suggested orange on back would be cool.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:58   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
\

Maybe you should get it it orange color or so
JKD are you joking ORANGE Colour man it should be either in white or the Earth colour combi claddings which come on the GX version.

Guys i guess we need a seperate thread on discussing about the cladding stickers as this thread is meant only for the Pictures of Safari and we shall maintain to that here.

Last edited by gowda79 : 8th October 2009 at 14:04.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:59   #1703
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
That's good ADC and thanks for letting us know and we had planned to put up the writing SAFARI on the claddings as written in the Pajero.
For that kind of quality print most probably vinyl print or something higher type is required. Is the plan dropped or still on? The LX has huge gray cladding so it goes somewhat okay but with full metallic paint the effect would be quite the opposite, I presume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
After reading your experiences, I think I might as well go for a 4x2 LX and forget about a 4x4 EX!
Thats the biggest automobile-related mistake you will do ever in your life! Again, as I say myself and everyone knows, a 4wd is a 4wd. If you can afford it, you go for it. I could not and hence that sadness is just a little less though of course miss it a lot. Surely you have read the number of people who regret for not having gone for the 4wd VTT and the satisfaction of those who have the 4wd and justify it fully.

It aint funny to have that feeling of sinking into the rice field on that slippery embankment with rpm at 4k+ and screaming and then the VTT very slowly inches up to the top of the slippery mud path to the relief of all. or just having this in front of Kuldiha Forest Gate, it was going into the trench by the side of the forest entry road.

I have been plain lucky many a times to not be in a worse position, any stuck situation out in these places means another 3-4 days of recovery not to mention about vehicle damage.

Quote:
Killer stuff Anirban

Yes, we need a volunteer to test the MRF Wanderers & I think you'd be able to put them through the true tests of endurance!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Quote:

Thanks suman-da. Read sometime back somewhere that the price of Wanderers are quite close to that of Bridgestone and hence people will prefer Bridgestone. These particular Bridgestone HT tyres are great in highway, have a quite a good grip in wet conditions, but their main flaw or being HT tyres is that they are very prone to nicks and cuts in rocky or uneven road - and i have quite few of them with one cut being quite serious.

Will be aiming for Bridgestone A/T for the next replacement if the price difference is not that much with that of MRF Wanderers.

Some more VTT-TMT pics and thats the end Safari photos for this tour.

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_0105.jpg
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_0193.jpg
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_0335.jpg
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_0941.jpg
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_0217.jpg
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_1132.jpg
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-ddd.jpg

Let me also give out big, big, big thanks to sam_boy [Samarpan Das] who though present right now in Bangalore, called up his parents in Jeypore, Orissa, after knowing from my PM mail that we are going there, and the amount of support and welcome that we got from his native house is very much way beyond overwhelming. Thanks again samparan for all the help and support. Fantastic tbhp camaraderie among members

In front of sam_boy's [Samarpan Das] house in Jeypore, Orissa

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_0273.jpg

Last edited by adc : 8th October 2009 at 14:16.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:06   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics, with the Safari in its elements!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Will be aiming for Bridgestone A/T for the next replacement if the price difference is not that much with that of MRF Wanderers.
I don't think Bridgestone A/Ts come in 16 inchers. You'll only get the H/Ts.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:11   #1705
BHPian

Quote:

Thats the biggest automobile-related mistake you will do ever in your life! Again, as I say myself and everyone knows, a 4wd is a 4wd. If you can afford it, you go for it. I could not and hence that sadness is just a little less though of course miss it a lot. Surely you have read the number of people who regret for not having gone for the 4wd VTT and the satisfaction of those who have the 4wd and justify it fully.

It aint funny to have that feeling of sinking into the rice field on that slippery embankment with rpm at 4k+ and screaming and then the VTT very slowly inches up to the top of the slippery mud path to the relief of all. or just having this in front of Kuldiha Forest Gate, it was going into the trench by the side of the forest entry road.

I have been plain lucky many a times to not be in a worse position, any stuck situation out in these places means another 3-4 days of recovery not to mention about vehicle damage.
Dada,

What I meant was that I'm so much itching to get my hands on a Safari and explore the length and breadth of India that I think I wouldn't have the tenacity to wait for the extra period for a 4x4. As they say in Bengali.."nai mama che kana mama bhalo"
I shall definitely not be buying a 4x2 and after all the posts I have read and understand, I'll wait for the 4x4.

Thanks again
Old 8th October 2009, 14:22   #1706
Team-BHP Support

I suggest you get wanderers. Bridgestone ATs are tough to find.
If you can spend 500rs/tire more, then go for the Continentals.
Yokos will cost you around 700rs/tire more than the Wanderers
Old 8th October 2009, 14:27   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Yoko ATS and HTS comes at similar/same price.
Great pix adc. You are one lucky man to be able to do all these wanderings
Old 8th October 2009, 14:44   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For that kind of quality print most probably vinyl print or something higher type is required. Is the plan dropped or still on? The LX has huge gray cladding so it goes somewhat okay but with full metallic paint the effect would be quite the opposite, I presume.
ADC the plan is still ON and as i am not in India not able to spend time for this work.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:01   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
The alloys and tyres cost me 35k for a set of 5 after returning the stock ones for a discount.

I hope you've decided to wait for the new stock to arrive. I waited for my car for about 25 days and have no regrets.

I'd like to add, during PDI ensure you check whether the rear door scrapes against the rear bumper on opening and closing. It's important as otherwise the door scratches the bumper badly. Also be ready for small niggles here and there, but the awesome overall package makes up for them.

Hope you enjoy your new car to the fullest. Cheers!
Thanks for the information and yes I am waiting for the new stock to arrive.

I have changed my booking to a Gx 4X2. Though I would have liked to go for a 4X4 but, my wife would also be driving the car and I think the added safety of the ABS would let me feel a bit more comfortable whenever she drives alone.

This decision was also based on the information provided by a friend who is working at TML and had met with an accident in his Indigo few months ago. His mother got injured really bad as his car lost control when he tried to stop the car suddenly to avoid hitting a cow or something. The car climed the divider and hit the light post. She is still unable to walk and the doctors have adviced another 2-3 months of physiotherapy before she can start walking again.

Hopefully should get the delivery next week as the dealer has a fresh Gx-black, which has arrived this week. Just waiting for my Loan application to get reprocessed.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:47   #1710
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep I guess the upgrade to GX vs going for 4X4 is the better decision from safety point of view.

(ABS & Rear view sensors may help prevent an accident.)

Though if someone were upgrading to VX 4X2 over the GX 4X4, I would say that GX 4X4 makes more sense, the airbags some into play only after an accident, and in a large SUV may not be critical.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks