Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 20:13   #496
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Razor!
What a dandy looking piece you managed to pick up.

And your 4WD has enough lights to light up everyone's world!
Old 20th August 2008, 22:30   #497
BHPian

@ anup and shankar.

This is luggage carrier tray that is mated to a towing hitch. the tow hitch is bolted on to the chassis directly and is rated to pull 2.5 tons. The carrier however is rated for 250 kgs.
I also has a canvas bag that gets fixed to the tray which keeps my kuggage clean and dry

This is necessitated by 6-7 occupants , with 2 of them in kid's seats leaving absolutely no space inside for luggage. The carrier on top ( I have one of those too) causes two problems.
1) Induces significant drag
2) I have a bad back and need a lto of help to get it on top.

You possibly saw me only on the ooty road as I was indeed driving to nilambur.

As of now it is unsightly, but works like a charm.

Vijay
Old 20th August 2008, 22:36   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Of course, Prabhu. It's a tried and tested remedy.
Quite a few of the old jeeps had it. Hunters and the army, both used to use this a lot.
Wish you could get it at least horizontally aligned so that it doesn't sag so much!
Old 20th August 2008, 22:52   #499
BHPian

That is where the tow hook at the rear plays spoilsport. I need to fabricate different chassis mounting brackets to clear that and get it allign/ point gently skywards.
Additionally I need to raise the whole tray by about 6 inches so that I can have an exhaust pipe extension. This way the exhaust will exit behind the tray and not into it.

Will do that after this weekends coorg trip. I hate the way it looks , but on a lighter note I rarely see it anyways.

BTW I thought that the army/hunter baskets on the jeeps were mounted much higher up.
Vijay
Old 21st August 2008, 00:56   #500
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Why the bonnet mirror on the RHS and not on the LHS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey razor, your scorpio looks cool man. but there are a few points i dint like. like the bonnet mirror only on RHS, maybe the LHS mirror broke but you can buy a new one or remove the existing one. this looks odd. also the door visor on the rear RHS door is missing. i am not complaining mate but i feel that to some extent, this spoils the appeal of your SUV. apart from this, your ride is hot! ciao.
The service guys broke the LHS mirror during the last servicing. I have removed the RHS one too, but that happened post the photo session.
The existing door visors (silver, with Scorpio written on them) will be replaced by black ones. Was never a big fan of visors, but they have their utility, and I think black ones will look pretty decent.
That front visor above the windscreen actually looks pretty decent in person. I was a little skeptical about it myself initially, but I find it adds to the overall look somehow... so it stays for now.
I didn't like the rear guard either, but will leave it there until I can find a better looking one. Like they say in the corporate world - CYA (cover your a**)

Like any other 5 year old vehicle, this too has its share of scratches and bumps. But for some odd reason, they add to the butch appeal of this SUV. I freak out if I see the tiniest scratch on my Lancer (and my Santro which I am selling), but am not too bothered with these on the Scorp. It's a very different animal altogether, this one.
Old 21st August 2008, 07:08   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW I thought that the army/hunter baskets on the jeeps were mounted much higher up.
Indeed they were. Those used to be mounted at the jeep's tailgate level.

Actually, I wonder why these useful trays/baskets went out of use.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:57   #502
NIP
Senior - BHPian

razor...nice scorpio !! you've very lucky to get a 4x4 variant. may the 4x4s be with you

i was going to install a carryboy bullbar, but after seeing razor's scorp, i'm going to something fabricated to my taste. i really need those lights for my getaways !
Old 21st August 2008, 11:09   #503
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi,

great.

you might want to try one of those lower back support cushions for your bad back especially on bumpy roads in the hills.

I find that on long drives I get a lot of comfort for my lower back if I use one of these support pillows because it pushes the spine forward and relaxes the spine to a great extent. I am quite tall 6ft 2in, and have long legs but despite this, with this pillow, I still do not find it uncomfortable to drive the Scorp long distance, in terms of legroom. I think I may have gotten used to it.

they are easily available and dont cost very much - about 495/- at SPAR supermarket in Bangalore.

let me know/ PM me with your address if you want me to pick one up and courier it to you.
cheers

Quote:
@ anup and shankar.

This is luggage carrier tray that is mated to a towing hitch. the tow hitch is bolted on to the chassis directly and is rated to pull 2.5 tons. The carrier however is rated for 250 kgs.
I also has a canvas bag that gets fixed to the tray which keeps my kuggage clean and dry

This is necessitated by 6-7 occupants , with 2 of them in kid's seats leaving absolutely no space inside for luggage. The carrier on top ( I have one of those too) causes two problems.
1) Induces significant drag
2) I have a bad back and need a lto of help to get it on top.

You possibly saw me only on the ooty road as I was indeed driving to nilambur.

Vijay

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st August 2008 at 11:11.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:08   #504
BANNED

Quote:
Is this legal? Shouldn't you have tail lights or some lights on the luggage carrier? Or maybe a reflector?
Old 21st August 2008, 13:14   #505
BHPian

I have talked my way out of at least 6 RTO check posts. Nobody has seen anything like this to comment on the legality

For visibility, I have this thingy covered by a fluorescent yellow cover that makes it pretty visible
Old 21st August 2008, 17:21   #506
BHPian

NIP, great pictures especially the slow shutter speed pics of the water falls besides the scorpio. Where is this place in coorg?

I feel, condor has a point here. My personal feeling is to stick to pictures with Scorpio except one or two to give an indication about the places, to do justice to the title of the thread. Just MHO

Razor, Congratulations on your new 4WD Scorpio. Now just starte exploring places & post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
razor; nice Scorp. Remove the thing on front wind screen.

And congrats.
remove that thingy in the front wind screen. This might give you a reverse effect of a rear spoiler. Imagine what a blocked wind flow can do to the ill famous balancing of the Scorpio.
Old 22nd August 2008, 00:11   #507
BHPian

My Scorpio ... !

Here is the pics of my 2004 Scoprio Turbo 2.6 Slx ......

Old 22nd August 2008, 09:53   #508
Senior - BHPian

thats a fine example of a very well maintained scorpio ganesh. mahindra has improved the refinement of the scorpio from the turbo to the CRDe to the mHAWK to a great extent but i still love the growl of the turbo engine. it sounds like grrrrrrrrrr, typically mahindra!
Old 22nd August 2008, 09:56   #509
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

very well looked after as one can see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_bbr View Post
Here is the pics of my 2004 Scoprio Turbo 2.6 Slx ......

Old 22nd August 2008, 17:15   #510
Senior - BHPian

Pictures Of The Week End Trip

Some pictures of the weekend trip............

Razor: Congrats on your ownership, the truck looks sharp.

Anupji: You'd notice that mine is equally basic, nothing in front, back or top!!!!

---Ramky
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc04179.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc04192.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc04586.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc04590.jpg  

Last edited by ramkya1 : 22nd August 2008 at 17:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks