Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 10:06   #1021
Senior - BHPian

i dint get you surya. why was there a problem with the TPMS when you were balancing the wheels?
Old 6th January 2009, 10:08   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Shahnawaz, awesome pic sir!! You sure should be aiming for photography contests on National Geographic etc!
Ramkya, Your profile pic rocks!!Cool!
Yes....... shahnawaz, that one takes the cake.

Getsurya..... thanks, that's as bald as you get

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 6th January 2009 at 10:10.
Old 6th January 2009, 10:22   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Ramky, Mugambo Kushhuva!!You ROCK my friend!!

Raj,

When the wheels are balanced and rotated(in any pattern) the orignal sensor position depiction on the dash takes a hit. For ex, if the rear two wheels are swapped with the front ones, the dash continues to show the readings of the original tyre positions and not the new ones. The TPMS systems then needs to be reset or relearned as applicable.

Last edited by getsurya : 6th January 2009 at 10:24.
Old 6th January 2009, 10:27   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks with mHawks, I recently had my wheels balanced and aligned at 7000km. It took me some effort along with the Service outlet people to relearn the TPMS system. Took close to 90 min to finish the TPMS job(probably this being the first time it took long, however i feel this is lil cumbersome!)
Have you all also have faced the same concern?
I did it all myself, and it took some time but not 90 minutes, please read the manual instruction they are clear enough to be followed, anyway you need to press the TPMS button and THEN turn the ignition on, you will see the indication on the TPMS, release the button, it will show FL[front left] on TPMS, release the FL tyre pressure to more than 3PSI, it will detect that tyre and will sound a blip, and will be showing FR, release the tyre pressure of that tire and same process for all the tyres...
Then again, top the tyre pressure to normal, while I was doing this, I got the first time indication of leak, I have to change the valve on the leaked tyre. So it does work!!

-Pramod
Old 6th January 2009, 10:35   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Sure Pramod. Good info. nice to know that you were able to manage the show on yourself!
Old 6th January 2009, 11:23   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shahnawaz, awesome pic sir!! You sure should be aiming for photography contests on National Geographic etc!....
.. .. I don't even know ABC of photography -- am a just point & shoot person. It's at best a 'fluke'. One of those lucky moments :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
... Of course HVK must be having many more truly inspiring photos!
Here are some more pics of the legendary scorpio of HVK during the GQ drive

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-collage7.jpg
Old 6th January 2009, 11:31   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Shawnawaz, Good pics again dude! Nice detailing.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:20   #1028
Senior - BHPian

thanks shawnawaz, i know the older scorp is of HV's. who's driving the new gen scorpio?
Old 6th January 2009, 14:36   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Shahnawaz, thanks for those pics. You're not as bad at photography as you fear!

Quite amazing how much that Scorpio helps all & sundry in getting their road condition updates! Excel spreadsheets to make jaws drop!
Old 6th January 2009, 14:37   #1030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
.. .. I don't even know ABC of photography -- am a just point & shoot person. It's at best a 'fluke'. One of those lucky moments :-)
Its the camera . That belongs to me. All services as per schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thanks shawnawaz, i know the older scorp is of HV's. who's driving the new gen scorpio?
Somebody who never imagined a non-CRDe Scorpio would give his CRDe Scorpio a run for his money
Old 6th January 2009, 14:40   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
That was a CRDe of someone trying to over take HVK's 2.6 Turbo. He tried and tried for some 75 kms on the Baorda/Ahmdabad expressway but was unable to do so :-). It was some real fun watching the 2 different generations of the scorpio's battling it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Shahnawaz, thanks for those pics. You're not as bad at photography as you fear! ..
Thanks for the complement anup .
Old 6th January 2009, 14:45   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Somebody who never imagined a non-CRDe Scorpio would give his CRDe Scorpio a run for his money
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
That was a CRDe of someone trying to over take HVK's 2.6 Turbo. He tried and tried for some 75 kms on the Baorda/Ahmdabad expressway but was unable to do so :-). It was some real fun watching the 2 different generations of the scorpio's battling it out there.

next time i see '5084' scorpio, i would never try to overtake, not even in my mHawk.

it must have been a great trip with 2 SUVs- a scorpio & safari.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:07   #1033
BHPian

HVK, did you lose a left-side mirror on the GQ drive? In some of pics you have it and in some you don't.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:09   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
HVK, did you lose a left-side mirror on the GQ drive? In some of pics you have it and in some you don't.
He he he.. Nice one. No discussions about how that OVRM was lost. It's a loooongg story.
Old 6th January 2009, 17:38   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i messed up with my scorpio:

As you all know, i had got this Roots horn installed, everything was fine before that! but just the next day, my driver cleaned the vehicle and the horns stoppd working. infact, they were working but sounding as if it has a sore throat! when inspected, the mechanic told 1 of the 2 horns is not working and he will get both replaced and advised me to come after 3 days since he does not have that horn in stock. he removed the faulty horn, left its wire loose and the other horn is working now. meanwhile, i came home and parked the vehicle. the next day, i did not use the scorpio and today when i tried to open it using the remote, there was no response. i tried many times but it just would not open. i was also suprised to see that the red lock symbol which blinks in the instrument console (immobilizer symbol) was also not blinking. then i opened the door using the key and the alarm sounded (was expected but was not as loud as expected). as soon as i got inside and turned the key, the buzzer stopped but the car would not start. the parking lights, interior lights and horn were not working too.
then i realized that the battery was dead. i removed the battery and gave it to a local battery shop for charging. i will get it back tomorrow evening.

what could be the reason behind this? has the loose wire (from which the faulty horn was removed) drained the battery?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th January 2009 at 17:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks