Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2018, 12:09   #91
BANNED

Re: Dog Pee on tyres

A dog uses Peeing on the tyre as a territory marking. This is a natural canine instinct. Hence there is not much one can do about this. Grin and bear it!
Old 16th March 2018, 12:40   #92
BHPian

What about Humans Pee on the tyres then Dogs back off as Human have marked their territory :-)
Old 16th March 2018, 13:42   #93
Senior - BHPian

Wash your car thoroughly (bottom parts including tyres, running board, bumpers, etc.)
Collect pee of your dog (try different ways) and pour it on all tyres’ sidewall only once or twice in a week and observe the result.
Old 16th March 2018, 21:08   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Look at the bright side - no cat or cow will pee on them tyres given that they will smell cannine territory and back off.

I am sorry brother so let me be serious. One fail proof anti-dote would be tiger pee. If we spray some tiger pee on the tyres it is guaranteed to frighten the street mongrels away.

Forgive my insensitivity as I couldn't help laugh at the sticky situation. If you feed those street dogs at the gate they may decide in their own doggy way to be kinder to you as they don't eat where they pee and vice versa.
This is indeed a funny situation & I'm trying to make my way out of it.

I don't remember watching a cow pee on tires..
Ae, Tiger pee is your suggestion when you got serious? Thanks, but no thanks. I don't plan on losing my flesh to fix this.

I usually feed the strays right on the parking gate but doing so hasn't helped at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
This thread is funny.
The equation is one to many (or may I say one to all k9 population). So if you have a car X and five dogs A/B/C/D/E. You have all the suitors marking X car tire in random order and also double marking it as a sign of professional guardianship. Even if you reduce the dog sample size to just A, car X will get stamped by random passerby dog when out station. Return to base and suitor repeats the guardianship.
I'm fine with washing off their deeds when X comes back from a trip as it's once a few months or so. But not every weekend. It's disgusting AF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
When I do not want my dog to pee at a particular place, I wash the place with 1:1 mix of white vinegar and water. Then I wash with highly diluted bleach. This is how you potty train a puppy. With this method, we have our dog go potty within a specific area of our back yard.

I am pretty sure you can use this method on the car tires to wash off the territorial markers of other dogs. Hydrogen Peroxide and baking soda also do a good job of masking odors.
Thank You brother
Can someone suggest the affect of Vinegar, bleach, Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda on the tyre and paint please?

Quote:
You shall forever be remembered as the dog pee on tyres guy (DeePeeTeeGee).

How about a blue tooth trigger device on your bunglow's gate and have it automatically open seconds before you arrive and then dart the car in before the canine's can lift their legs.
DeePeeTeeGee sounds good to me. Let me check on that BT device.. Thank You Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
One car and 5 dogs? What happens when you go in for tyre rotation? Will really confuse the dogs.
2 cars, 1 bike among an army on dogs (last I counted, they were 22). These guys take turns & work in shifts. My dog works 24x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Trust me when I say this - dogs whether domestic or alien don't give a poop about citrus or vinegar. I have tried everything possible to prevent my dog from chewing the Washbasin outlet pipe and other soft things.

One thing that will surely work is ultrasound emitter the British Postman used to use. It is a small handheld device that emits a pulsating frequency around 25kHz which you can't hear. So we will be oblivious to this noise whilst any four legged creatures will be annoyed at the noise. As it is pulsating it is hard for them to ignore. You should be able to source such ultrasound pest repellents from China and fit one each on each side and trigger them when you are approaching the danger zone.

Your resident quadruple pet should be sufficiently discouraged with a strong blast from the device. S/He won't go anywhere near your rides.
I was really considering some lemon juice. Ruling it out now.
I'll look at that ultrasound emitter.. Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A dog uses Peeing on the tyre as a territory marking. This is a natural canine instinct. Hence there is not much one can do about this. Grin and bear it!
Me: Where there's a will there's a way.
Them: There's the wheel, there's the way, let's relieve..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
What about Humans Pee on the tyres then Dogs back off as Human have marked their territory :-)
What makes you think started this entire episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Wash your car thoroughly (bottom parts including tyres, running board, bumpers, etc.)
Collect pee of your dog (try different ways) and pour it on all tyres’ sidewall only once or twice in a week and observe the result.
I'm trying to get the pee off my tires, not on it
Old 17th March 2018, 09:57   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
This is indeed a funny situation & I'm trying to make my way out of it.

Ae, Tiger pee is your suggestion when you got serious?
Brother great to see you have a swell sense of humour. We are here to help. God promise. The intentions are pristine. Always. Like Dilli Police - aap ke saath aap ke liye, sadeyva - with you, for you always. Whether you want it or not you are stuck with our corny love. The dogs love you. And now we love you too. This is working. Soon all the dogs in the colony will love you and the whole internet world will love you too. Love makes the world Go round. You could get famous writing a blog on this - "Love and the Art of Dog Pee on Tyres". Or better replace the word 'love' with 'sex'. No reason except it will attract greater readership. Like that old book Sex and the art of motorcycle maintenance. Zen is the word for sex in an ancient African language. As this is a complex problem with a one to many correlation we need photos of the incident in action so that we can analyze it better. Try and get a video of all four tyres being sprinkled simultaneously - a helicopter view is needed. Drones are here - buy a drone it helps my business -I have a family to feed. We need to evaluate the angle of the leg lift of all 4 dogs simultaneously and the velocity of the sprinkle.

PS: Is the sprinkle only on the 4 fitted tyres or also on the stepney.?
Old 17th March 2018, 18:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
I'm trying to get the pee off my tires, not on it
Then ignore tyres and keep thermocol sprinkled with dog pee next to the tyres covering them
Old 19th March 2018, 19:23   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Try and get a video of all four tyres being sprinkled simultaneously - a helicopter view is needed. Drones are here - buy a drone it helps my business -I have a family to feed. We need to evaluate the angle of the leg lift of all 4 dogs simultaneously and the velocity of the sprinkle.

PS: Is the sprinkle only on the 4 fitted tyres or also on the stepney.?
I can consider the drone purchase to evaluate the angle & the sprinkle velocity. Totally works for me & helps your business too.. God promise!

Sprinkle is on the tyres. The stepney is safe for now as these canines, currently, don't have that much power to sprinkle on something that's 300 (or so) mm above the ground. But my trusted source saw a few of them performing kegel exercises. It's only a matter of time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Then ignore tyres and keep thermocol sprinkled with dog pee next to the tyres covering them
This is an interesting one.. On it
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

How can I stop dogs from peeing on my car cover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks