Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:34   #4846
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

if you are the adventurous types with iron stomachs do try the kheema-naan at the grubby alfa cafe opposite the secunderabad railway station.
greasy/grubby and cheap but heavenly in taste.
a couple of friends and I make it a point to take away/eat there atleast once in while. but strictly no ladies please.
also plenty of comfy parking right across the street in the railway station.

On the other end of the economic spectrum the breakfast buffet at the Marriott is a favorite haunt too that we try to meet up at atleast once a year. have a heavy breakfast there followed by a smoke in their lawns while watching tank bund come to life is a thrill that cannot be matched.

thirdly again breakfast but panner-dosas from a bandi near abids, not sure of teh name of the place but know the location. another heavenly breakfast spot.
regards
Harsha
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:34   #4847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Yesterday for lunch got a take-away of Kakatiya Mutton Fry and Prawns Fry from KDM

As usual, it left me numb with a good feeling throughout the day.
I visited KDM on saturday for a take away of prawn fry, chicken fry, fish curry n pappu! I can understand that "numb" feeling you are talking about. While eating it I almost went like Meg Ryan in that famous lunch sequence in When Harry Met Sally! ;-)

Btw I parked in the lane adj Kamma Sangham in the opposite side of the main road.
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:47   #4848
BHPian

Had lunch at "De Thali" on Sunday. The food was good. Typical veg Rajashtani affair (too sweet for a Hyderabadi though). But the pricing was not fair. It was Rs.443 for 2 thalis with SC & VAT included. May be the brand 'OHRIS' has to do with the pricing. Service was great. Glad that we went in at 1230 pm and while exiting the restaurant, people were in long queue that I never saw in any restaurants except Paradise. Quiet a fan following...eh?

I was hoping to bump into fellow T-BHPians as we talked about De Thali recenty, spent sometime in parking just too see any car with our stickers. No luck though!
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:48   #4849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Btw I parked in the lane adj Kamma Sangham in the opposite side of the main road.
I normally visit KDM for a take-away ONLY on a Sunday just after noon and that is when all the food comes in super fresh right from the stove.

A ride on my BULL to and fro to KDM from home is < 30 mins with absolutely no issues with regards to parking
Old 3rd September 2012, 19:22   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshaguduru View Post
thirdly again breakfast but panner-dosas from a bandi near abids, not sure of teh name of the place but know the location. another heavenly breakfast spot.
If you are speaking about Ram Ki Bandi, then that is the place to go for some good Dosa's. If you are speaking to Krupa's Dosa Outlet before Ramakrishna Theatre, then he too serves good Dosa.

BTW, if you find Ram's Dosa amazing, then you are still to see many other places, who serve great Dosa, Idli & Wada.
  • Laxman at Ghode Ki Qabr serves one of the best Butter Dosa, Butter Idli, Pure Ghee Upma.
  • Govind's Dosa Bandi at Mitti Ka Sher serves great Butter Dosa, Tawa Idli, Tawa Wada
  • Ravi's Dosa Bandi opposite Agra Sweets, Gulzar Houz serves great Butter Dosa, Butter Idli
  • Dosa Bandi near Begum Bazaar Fish Market serves great Makkhan Dosa & Makkhan Idli (Makkhan = Unclarified Butter)
  • Lingiah Idli's at Asif Nagar serves great Idly & Wada. People throng him for his spicy chutney
I can go on and on with the list of places to eat.
Old 3rd September 2012, 19:29   #4851
BHPian

Sent my office boy to get a Mutton Fry take away from KDM for lunch but he got me Mutton Fry Biryani instead. That was one dish I never tried before. I and another friend shared it.

It was good but not exceptional. Sri Kanya scores over KDM even in mutton fry biryani

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20120903246.jpg

Last edited by NoRules : 3rd September 2012 at 19:37.
Old 4th September 2012, 17:42   #4852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Maithri's 17th Anniversary Onam Celebration, Jayalakshmi Gardens, Trimulgherry, Secunderabad, September 9, 10.30 am onwards
If you do decide to head out there,make sure you reach early there (latest by 1130) so that you get the least of crowds and the best of dishes and get to enjoy a peaceful meal.The crowd is humongous at Mythri usually and with each passing year the crowd seems to be only increasing.It was priced at INR200 the last time round,no clue how much is it this year.

On a related note,Rajdhani has a festival going and the prices are as follows:

Weekdays - Lunch:241, Dinner:282 and Weekends - Lunch/Dinner: 282

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-581392_456408474398863_1817619683_n.jpg
Old 4th September 2012, 19:19   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Sent my office boy to get a Mutton Fry take away from KDM for lunch but he got me Mutton Fry Biryani instead.
Please do not call this rice dish as biryani. Call it Mutton Pulao or Mutton Rice.

For those who may not have seen KDM Biryani being plated up, they scoop out some quantity of rice from one utensil into the plastic takeaway container. Then they ladle a fixed quantity of mutton from another utensil (not the rice utensil) and finally top up the so called biryani with a boiled egg lying on one side of the counter.

Essentially all they do is plate up three different items cooked separately into one container and call it biryani.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 4th September 2012 at 19:20.
Old 4th September 2012, 20:01   #4854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Please do not call this rice dish as biryani. Call it Mutton Pulao or Mutton Rice.

For those who may not have seen KDM Biryani being plated up, they scoop out some quantity of rice from one utensil into the plastic takeaway container. Then they ladle a fixed quantity of mutton from another utensil (not the rice utensil) and finally top up the so called biryani with a boiled egg lying on one side of the counter.

Essentially all they do is plate up three different items cooked separately into one container and call it biryani.
That's why it is called 'fry' Biryani, not dum. They first put the meat followed by Bagara rice and then egg. You will see this in KDM, Srikanya and most Andhra takeaways.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:43   #4855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Over the weekend had some Vegetable Biryani from Paradise.
Its actually very good. A pack costs Rs 120. Quantity is adequate for 3 normal adults.
Good to find some one who eats Vegetable Biryani at paradise. Even better to know you liked it. When I was frequent there (2 years back), it was an ordeal to get through Veg Biryani. Bland rice with potatoes and some thick dried up gravy acting as masala. I beleive i ate 1 plate full, once every weekend, for good 3-4 years . I guess, its time now to think of visiting gymkhana again.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:20   #4856
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on the dining experience at Falaknuma Palace. Thinking of going there on wifey's b'day.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:25   #4857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Any reviews on the dining experience at Falaknuma Palace. Thinking of going there on wifey's b'day.
Review here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2801432

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2802359
Old 5th September 2012, 12:27   #4858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Thanks in advance.
Ranjit had posted a detailed review in here a couple of days back.Here it is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2801432
Old 5th September 2012, 12:30   #4859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Good to find some one who eats Vegetable Biryani at paradise. Even better to know you liked it. When I was frequent there (2 years back), it was an ordeal to get through Veg Biryani. Bland rice with potatoes and some thick dried up gravy acting as masala. I beleive i ate 1 plate full, once every weekend, for good 3-4 years . I guess, its time now to think of visiting gymkhana again.
I took it from the Paradise Takeaway, Masab Tank.

The biryani had paneer, beans and some peas in it. The masala tasted good and it was adequate for the entire quantity of rice.

Maybe you should give it a try once again.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:34   #4860
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata Cabin,Defence Colony

For those people in this side of the town,there is a new outlet that has opened up at Defence Colony next to Ayyan's Super Mart.Place is seeing quite a rush for the rolls and other authentic Bengali dishes.From the looks of it,the food seems to be good,havent yet tried them out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks