Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 14:41   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
folks ,not sure if this fits in here ,yesterday had lunch at the food court in hyderabad central mall.(the ohri's thing)

had kebab roti platter (must say good vfm)

there was achari chicken kebab
seekh kebab

served with naan,rice ,dal makhani and raita.not bad for inr 150.

had water melon juice with the same(over priced)

the only put off for me was the customer service here ,these fellows are not at all trained well ,no sense to talk to a customer (the fellow on the cash counter was talking as if i was asking for free lunch).
Yes. I felt the same when I went here with my family.
Customer service is very poor.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:59   #707
Senior - BHPian

That's a good list. My comments are in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nothing to beat combination of chicken wings and dark frothy mocktail

Some of my all time favorites remain the following where the food is "always" good.

1. Angeethi ( my all time favorite for North Indian, especially Ala-Carte and not the buffet) I like to buffet too---esp the Bong sweets
2. Ming's Court--My fav for Chinese
3. Mainland China--Great, though a tad expensive
4. Ohris-Basera---aint been there.
5. Papaji Ka Dhaba--aint been there---where is it?
6. Reshmi's--Gotta go there
7. Blue Fox--Good
8. Palace Heights-Great
9. Delhi Durbar ( low-cost in bowenpally)--Location please?
10. Aromas--Good
11. Terrace Bay ( Reasonably ok)--Good
12. Barbeque Nation--Gotta go there
13. Sahib Sind Sultan ( Expensive)--Going for dinner tomorrow

I can go on with a few more names. But, i guess the above list is always the top priority when i go out for some good grub.

Cheers and Happy Binging !!!
Old 7th July 2009, 15:18   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Venu Sir, this will be the third time i am explaining the route of Papaji, please copy the address on a notepad, take a screenshot and keep it as wallpaper for quick reference when hunger pangs gnaw at your stomach

Just kidding buddy !!!

Papaji Ka Dhaba- From Big Bazaar Abid, keep going towards koti, and after 10-15 meters turn left towards hotel jaya international and continue after Jaya and after a few meters its on the left hand side. Ask anyone, they should guide you.
Order for their Ginger Chicken, Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala and Biryani ( cooked differently but very good). Been eating here since over a decade the taste everytime is absolutely consistent.

Delhi Durbar- While coming from Kukatpally, the road takes a Y-fork shape, the right goes towards ameerpet and left goes towards Bowenpally. Take the bowenpally road and go for about 2-3kms and just before an overhead bridge, this hotel falls on your right side.

Very less seating space, but tasty food and totally throw away pricing. Sunday evenings, totally jam packed. Btw, there is no loo there, so plan on liquid consumption accordingly....LOL

A meal for two is generally around 200 bucks. Their tandoori Chicken and gravy dishes are very good. But, dont try the biryani here, it is not good. Whereas, their fried rice is excellent.

Just a warning, i went there so many times, that their taste lost charm on me. So now will go there once a couple of months/quarter.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th July 2009 at 15:20.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:33   #709
BHPian

I ate at a dozen restaurants in Hyderabad and Secunderabad
but I liked the food in Bowl-O -China (Sec-bad, near Begumpet) and in "Clove" at Himayat Nagar, the third one I can says is Spice King in Himayat Nagar.

I am vegetarian so I can not describe Dhamka Chicken or Mutton food etc.,

In Begumpet branch of Bowl-O-China restaurant I really enjoyed Schezwan Rice dish very much.
Their hospitality is good and in the end they even gave a card to tick mark my opinion about the restaurant ,service and food.
The same restaurant in Banjara Hills was not that good. I could not enjoy there.

In Himayat Nagar when I visited the "CLOVE" restaurant it was heavy rush there. I had to wait , and I felt it was unorganised perticularly when many tables were empty
while customers(guests) were waiting!! they were all reserved but not occupied.
Nevertheless the food is really tasty and preparation seems to be very hygeinic but the cost is very high compared to other restaurants of this class.

Sub-way is yet another story (they are many and located in different places)with sandwitches mixed with myonese.
It is in Jublee Hills near Check post, it is somewhat peaceful and the vegetable sandwitches with boiled vegtables and lettuce is just average, though both my daughters like it very much.
The one speciality I can tell you in Subway is that, here ice cream is very ,very tasty.
In addition to that you can get sugar-free Ice creams also.

About strange incidents, my friend ordered and got well cooked "ragi sankati"
in Tabla restaurant (Banjara restaurant) ! though it ws there in menu, I did not notice it becuase I did not expect it.
Here in Tabla some people were even smoking while in the nearby tables family people were eating food.
In Ohris restaurant the ambience was good but food was horrible and the cost was too much.
In Alex Kitchen chinese restaurant, near Liberty, the cost is very reasonable and what non-veg eating family members told me was that Chinese chopsey sui and chicken drum sticks, soups are very tasty here.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:35   #710
BHPian

I ate at a dozen restaurants in Hyderabad and Secunderabad
but I liked the food in Bowl-O -China (Sec-bad, near Begumpet) and in "Clove" at Himayat Nagar, the third one I can says is Spice King in Himayat Nagar.

I am vegetarian so I can not describe Dhamka Chicken or Mutton food etc.,

In Begumpet branch of Bowl-O-China restaurant I really enjoyed Schezwan Rice dish very much.
Their hospitality is good and in the end they even gave a card to tick mark my opinion about the restaurant ,service and food.
The same restaurant in Banjara Hills was not that good. I could not enjoy there.

In Himayat Nagar when I visited the "CLOVE" restaurant it was heavy rush there. I had to wait , and I felt it was unorganised perticularly when many tables were empty
while customers(guests) were waiting!! they were all reserved but not occupied.
Nevertheless the food is really tasty and preparation seems to be very hygeinic but the cost is very high compared to other restaurants of this class.

Sub-way is yet another story (they are many and located in different places)with sandwitches mixed with myonese.
It is in Jublee Hills near Check post, it is somewhat peaceful and the vegetable sandwitches with boiled vegtables and lettuce is just average, though both my daughters like it very much.
The one speciality I can tell you in Subway is that, here ice cream is very ,very tasty.
In addition to that you can get sugar-free Ice creams also.

About strange incidents, my friend ordered and got well cooked "ragi sankati"
in Tabla restaurant (Banjara Hills) ! though it was there in menu, I did not notice it becuase I did not expect it.
Here in "Tabla" some people were even smoking while in the nearby tables family people were eating food.
In Ohris(Banjara Hills) restaurant the ambience was good but food was horrible and the cost was too much.
In Alex Kitchen chinese restaurant, near Liberty, the cost was very reasonable and what non-veg eating family members told me was that Chinese chopsey sui and chicken drum sticks, soups are very tasty here.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:37   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Venu Sir, this will be the third time i am explaining the route of Papaji, please copy the address on a notepad, take a screenshot and keep it as wallpaper for quick reference when hunger pangs gnaw at your stomach

Just kidding buddy !!!

Time for a Hydeez meet there so that everyone is led there and knows the way forever.

Yokos has been added to list of favourites. (What else can you expect from a confirmed carnivore?) I like Aromas of China too, for the same reason - they serve meat and not just 'poulet'.

Indijoe's fondue is nice, as is their sea food platter.

If, Hampshire Plaza, Ella Suites and Katriya do not work out, we might think of 'Kohinoor' and Saagar Pappaji da Dhaba. (My bank manager would be very happy with these venues).

Cheers,
Old 7th July 2009, 17:13   #712
Senior - BHPian

Avi, thanks for your guidance. Will try those out soon.
BTW, which joint is good for a team dinner with booze in Madhapur/ Kondapur and J Hills?
Old 7th July 2009, 17:36   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Time for a Hydeez meet there so that everyone is led there and knows the way forever.

Yokos has been added to list of favourites. (What else can you expect from a confirmed carnivore?) I like Aromas of China too, for the same reason - they serve meat and not just 'poulet'.

Indijoe's fondue is nice, as is their sea food platter.

If, Hampshire Plaza, Ella Suites and Katriya do not work out, we might think of 'Kohinoor' and Saagar Pappaji da Dhaba. (My bank manager would be very happy with these venues).

Cheers,
I am game for a papaji ka meet. when do we plan? It will be light on the pocket and tasty food. Lets do it offline because i think there will be only a few takers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Avi, thanks for your guidance. Will try those out soon.
BTW, which joint is good for a team dinner with booze in Madhapur/ Kondapur and J Hills?
Anytime Venu. My suggestion below

Bar-One ( Madhapur), very light on pocket and best chilly prawn in town. Other snacks too are quite good.

Ginger Court- Decent Food and slightly expensive

36 Jubilee- Decent food and slightly expensive

If budget no problem, then MGrill

@Venuraja, thanks for your lengthy experience outline. Some of my experience :-

Bowl-O-China, establishment is from Hyderad House and knowing them they faltered with the Hyderabadi cuisine and doing the same with their chinese place. Very inconsistent, sometimes its good and most of the times their food sucks. As i said before, quality in a chinese hotel can be immediately made out by their table cloth and rice quality ( thinner the better)

I liked only their vikrampuri outlet ( been there twice) and hated every visit at begumpet. my mom gave the final verdict, we are NOT going there anymore.

@Alex's Kitchen, its close to my home. Been there since nearly a couple of decades, maitre'd used to be a friend. Their glory days are over, It is really bad now. How can anybody like this place tugs at my mind strings.

@Tabla, decent food but exorbitant pricing for their food quality. And, i am suprised they allow you to smoke inside. I was there last month and i had to step out every few minutes

@Clove, though it is next to my house, never been there since i heard only bad things about it. I think should try out since you gave it a good rating.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:42   #714
Senior - BHPian

FYI.

36 Jubilee is closed and is now running with a new name on Rd. No. 45, 45 Jubilee and with a revised and expensive price menu.
The quote we got for Buffet(only food) for 30 pax was INR 520 per head!
Old 7th July 2009, 18:15   #715
BHPian

Venu sir, few options:

Ginger Court: Decent food. Rooftop is good, though noisy. Decent service. Will give corporate discount.

Swagath de Royale: This is on the Kothaguda t-junction, before BarOne. Food is gud most times, service though is variable. Better to avoid on weekends.

Holi: Opposite the botanical garden. Wife's been there with her colleagues, says food is decent and not very crowded.
Old 7th July 2009, 18:52   #716
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your quick responses! I am pained to know that 36 J Hills is closed--I mean the one diagonally opp ICICI bank. My office was located in that area last year, and it was our regular adda.
I think we'll give Bar-One a try this time. Else I gotta pull the whole team to FK---I hope the offer is still on.
Old 8th July 2009, 16:21   #717
BHPian

The new edition of WOW has a list of must-eat places in the city...worth a look! They've got some absolute gems in there
Old 8th July 2009, 16:31   #718
Team-BHP Support

Lunch Buffet at Amogh Boutique. MLA Colony Rd 12 Banjara Hills.

VFM.

Rs 149 (excl taxes)

Bad biryani.
Very hard veg starters.
Chicken Starters were OK. Felt a little pasty like there was too much aata added to them.

Chicken Clear soup was nice.
3 Veg gravies.
The noodles and some chinese gravy with it.

The only thing going for them is the price.
If someone wants to give a team lunch.
Then and only then is this place worth it.

Overall decent experience.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:24   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Been to "Wanton" in Gachibowli yesterday for lunch with my boss who is here from Redmond.

This place was suggested by Rajesh Rawal and decided due to proximity to office and since we were in between day long customer meetings didnt want to spend more than 1 hour for lunch.

It turned out to be really good. What we had was :-

Apollo Fish
Veg Wanton
2 Veg Soups
1 Veg Noodles
1 Veg Fried Rice
1 Veg Manchuria in Gravy
1 Bell Pepper Chicken in Gravy

Bill : Rs.1000

I didnt have the soup, otherwise, the rest of the food was quite good and the restuarant was jam-packed. The ambience is very nice and seems to be a pretty decently up-market restuarant with economical pricing.

Will go there again. Infact, already planned a dinner there with family on sunday evening
Old 10th July 2009, 13:01   #720
Team-BHP Support

Anyone used the services of
Dial Your Food

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks