Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2012, 16:29   #4936
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any reviews of Bhojanam? Any must haves?

http://www.amoghhotels.com/bhojanam.html
Just an average place IMO,service is also suspect.Southern Mirchi is tops any day as opposed to Bhojanam
Old 25th September 2012, 16:38   #4937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just an average place IMO,service is also suspect.Southern Mirchi is tops any day as opposed to Bhojanam
+1 .Apart from the decor everything else here is average.Visit this place only if you've run out of other options.
RR
Old 25th September 2012, 16:41   #4938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
+1 .Apart from the decor everything else here is average.Visit this place only if you've run out of other options.
RR
This place was called something else before Amog took over,I am trying to remember what it was-anybody remember the name?
Old 25th September 2012, 16:46   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
This place was called something else before Amog took over,I am trying to remember what it was-anybody remember the name?
Previously known as Hampi.

They service dished out to me was the same as mentioned on one of the food sites. AC wasn't good enough. They wont let people sit on the first floor if the Ground floor is empty citing some ridiculous reasons. But will allow you if you insist.
Good place only if you are okay with average food and service but looking for good place to catch up with old friends.
I remember someone reviewed its lunch buffet on this thread before and said it was good.
Old 25th September 2012, 18:00   #4940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
2. I went to buy Kalyani Biryani from one of the joints in Miyapur. The guy asked me if I wanted Bade Ka or *** Ka ?. I opted for bade ka, as I presumed that was what Beef was called ? But what is the other option that they were asking me ? Any idea.
Bade Ka (Beef-cow-big), Chote ka (Mutton-goat\sheep-small)

I guess it's a lingo commonly used in Mumbai & Pune, more often Mumbai I think.
Old 25th September 2012, 19:07   #4941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any reviews of Bhojanam? Any must haves?

http://www.amoghhotels.com/bhojanam.html
Despite the negative reviews. I would still recommend you to try it out once. However, dont order chicken. Stick to Mutton, Fish and Appams

I have been to this restuarant only once and i enjoyed the experience just that one of the dish was little too spicy even for my spice enjoying taste buds

Earlier this place was known as "Hampi" and the decor has not changed at all. I used to work right next to Hampi for almost 2 years and visited Hampi for buffet lunch with office colleagues many many times and then the food was splendid.

Final words, try them out once. No harm. Dishes are in range of Rs.225-Rs.300 just so that you know

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th September 2012 at 19:08.
Old 26th September 2012, 16:06   #4942
Team-BHP Support

Cup Cakes

A friend who bought a new car ordered these lovely cup cakes as a treat.

Prices depend on your order.
You can expect it to be approximately 600-900 for a dozen.

The cakes are tasty. The cream is fresh and the chocolate car on the top was a nice touch.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-cup-cars.jpg

For more details: http://hyderabadcupcakery.webs.com/
Old 27th September 2012, 12:36   #4943
BHPian

Any thoughts on Blue Orchid or 78 deg East in Habsiguda? Planning for a office lunch tomorrow.
Old 27th September 2012, 15:39   #4944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any thoughts on Blue Orchid or 78 deg East in Habsiguda? Planning for a office lunch tomorrow.
78 deg East - Lost its charm long back. The taste of the food was amazing when it started. Food is just average these days and bad service. The ambience is good though. Buffet price range - Between 250-300, they offer 1 free buffet on every 10 buffet, works out as 10% discount. Please do call them before you go there.

Blue Orchid - Good food, pathetic service. Buffet price range 250-300 per person.

You might want to visit Swagath, decent food, average service.

PS. Do you work for the BPO giant in that area?
Old 27th September 2012, 21:44   #4945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
...Good place only if you are okay with average food and service but looking for good place to catch up with old friends..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Final words, try them out once. No harm. Dishes are in range of Rs.225-Rs.300 just so that you know
Thank you guys. Couldn't avoid it as the rest of the gang was pretty appreciative of the authentic southern food they serve. We visited it for the lunch buffet. Our overseas visitor was mighty impressed by the ambience and was constantly asking the staff about the paintings that adorn the walls. None of them had a clue!

All in all, it was a mixed experience. Good ambience, OK food.
Old 1st October 2012, 12:06   #4946
BHPian

Went to Dine Hill yesterday. Ordered Arabian Tandoori Chicken. Andhra chicken is a must try. Many other Arabian dishes but small tummy. The place is just like any other male-only joints. Service? Do we really care about the service when is a 'male only' gang and the food is mouth watering? Laid back Hyderabadi attitude I would say. Be there by 7pm if you don't want to miss the 'real' dishes.

Address - https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Din...a+Pradesh&z=15
Old 1st October 2012, 13:23   #4947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
78 deg East - Lost its charm long back. The taste of the food was amazing when it started. Food is just average these days and bad service. The ambience is good though. Buffet price range - Between 250-300, they offer 1 free buffet on every 10 buffet, works out as 10% discount. Please do call them before you go there.
Need to visit this place soon. It's owned by a friend (Sohail) and I am not sure if this restuarant is housed inside his spacious bunglow in Habsiguda

Is this restuarant in a lane before to foodworld?
Old 1st October 2012, 13:29   #4948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Need to visit this place soon. It's owned by a friend (Sohail) and I am not sure if this restuarant is housed inside his spacious bunglow in Habsiguda

Is this restuarant in a lane before to foodworld?
After you cross the Habsiguda cross roads keep looking towards your left. It is after Levis and Pepe outlets. Stop when you see a SONY showroom. Restaurant is on the 5th floor of the same building. If he is a friend of yours, please ask him to bring back the good old charm.
Old 1st October 2012, 17:20   #4949
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, we wanted to go out for dinner but, saw most of the places where either shut or roads had restrictions so decided to take away couple of dishes as pre-dinner

1) Mutton Boti Kebab from Bahar (Basheerbagh) for Rs. 140. Btw, they dont keep Sheek Kebabs

It was quite nice. Little chewy for my taste but, wasnt bad at all.

2) Hara Bara Kebab and Veg Spring Rolls (Rs. 125 each) from Swathi at Hyderguda. It's a lovely little place with a beautiful ambience and great place to sit and eat too.

Both were excellent and mom loved it and said it tasted better than high-end restuarants
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:21   #4950
BHPian

Went to Prince Hotel, Mehdipatnam for lunch yesterday with my kids. Small place and all the tables were full. Did not venture into the basement. Got a table in few minutes and ordered:

Grilled Chicken with rumali roti, tala hua gosht with rumali roti, chicken biryani, water bottle. The grilled chicken @80/- for half portion was lovely. Grilled to perfection, good spices, better than what we get at Dinehill. Tala hua gosht @ 45/- for half portion was good, similar to what we get at Al-hamdulillah.

The star item was the chicken biryani. For Rs.90/- we got piping hot biryani with well cooked soft and moist and tasty rice, the chicken was excellent, nice masala, excellent flavors all around - it was a perfect chicken biryani and kids asked me when we can go back to Prince.

Total bill came to Rs.260/- Total value for money place. Ambience is like any regular Irani cafe. If possible carry few tissue papers with you. Prince's idea of tissue paper is news paper

Will go back soon or atleast get takeaway ASAP.

Most Viewed