Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:43   #6436
HPP
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

This thread has basically died. All the Hyd foodies hibernating? :P

After a few years away I'm hoping to be there this summer.

Anything new to try out?
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:36   #6437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post

Anything new to try out?
For those in Secunderabad area highly recommend to try the kheema roti at Makan restaurant. Its located next to PAI electronics in tirumalgiri.
harshaguduru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:30   #6438
BHPian

Tried a pure Veg place called Ishta near Ikea for lunch during the recent visit to Hyderabad
Decent place. South Indian thali was average even by taste. They missed a couple of items which they initially told. Otherwise, they had some interesting pulavs, probably they dont want to get into the discussion if veg is a biryani or not
Old 15th January 2023, 10:43   #6439
BHPian

Fish n Chips

Any place worth for its fish n chips, within 30km around Gachibowli? TIA.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:22   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshaguduru View Post
For those in Secunderabad area highly recommend to try the kheema roti at Makan restaurant. Its located next to PAI electronics in tirumalgiri.
Since you mentioned Secunderabad, we are looking for a local restaurant serving good old-fashioned Makki Roti and Saag. Any recommendations?
Old 26th March 2024, 12:00   #6441
Senior - BHPian

Those in the Secunderabad area should try out Juicy Biryani they only do takeaway but the Biryani is on point and I love that they take the care to give proper Mirchi ka Salan with it as well and to top it off they give hot Double ka Meetha with roasted nuts. Must try for anyone missing traditional Hyderabadi cuisine
IshaanIan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 17:01   #6442
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see this thread go the way it has gone:( this was and is the OG Foodies Group in the city before we were hit by the millions of online foodie groups and foodie influencers! Would still love to see this group revived!
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 18:11   #6443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Those in the Secunderabad area should try out Juicy Biryani they only do takeaway but the Biryani is on point and I love that they take the care to give proper Mirchi ka Salan with it as well and to top it off they give hot Double ka Meetha with roasted nuts. Must try for anyone missing traditional Hyderabadi cuisine
Checked out the menu online. Unfortunately, the outlet only serves chicken biryani. For me, at least, Hyderabad biryani is synonymous with mutton biryani.
Old 27th March 2024, 08:52   #6444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Checked out the menu online. Unfortunately, the outlet only serves chicken biryani. For me, at least, Hyderabad biryani is synonymous with mutton biryani.
Hunted down the place and met with the owner; she explained that since they are still new and it was just two of them running the place, mutton biryani will be added soon once they start selling more. Currently they do mutton biryani only for bulk orders but as and when their daily sales go up they should be incorporating mutton biryani to their daily menu. The owner told me to expect that to happen in just a couple of weeks time
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 09:25   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hunted down the place and met with the owner; she explained that since they are still new and it was just two of them running the place, mutton biryani will be added soon once they start selling more. Currently they do mutton biryani only for bulk orders but as and when their daily sales go up they should be incorporating mutton biryani to their daily menu. The owner told me to expect that to happen in just a couple of weeks time
Thanks for taking the time to find the place and meet with the owners. Where exactly is it located in Trimulgherry? I am looking forward to a delicious mutton biryani from somewhere closer to home. Currently, when we feel like a biryani we get it from Azizia Hotel in Nampally.
Zezé is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 13:16   #6446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Thanks for taking the time to find the place and meet with the owners. Where exactly is it located in Trimulgherry? I am looking forward to a delicious mutton biryani from somewhere closer to home. Currently, when we feel like a biryani we get it from Azizia Hotel in Nampally.
It was near where I stay so I just had to find out where the food was being made kitchen btw looked almost like one at home super neat and clean. The google address was wrong but I found the place on Military Dairy Farm road opposite an ICICI bank branch. If you googled the icici bank branch on maps it would be directly opposite that.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:47   #6447
BHPian

The number of Instagram reviewers has certainly diluted the importance of this thread. However, I have noticed that these reviewers have a fixed template and are often paid reviews. Unless someone like Mr. Kripal Amanna starts reviewing in the city, I have decided to ignore all others.

Anyway, to keep this thread active, I will start posting some quick reviews (opinions actually) for the benefit of the readers. These are my experiences and I’ll try to post them regularly with my limited vocabulary. But I’ll stick to a standard format so that it is easy.

My humble request to all readers is to post something useful. In this age of paid reviews, let us take advantage of the fact that within our community we have a certain sense and level of trust that other BHPians will help them out.

Name: Burma Burma
Cuisine: Burmese

Cost: INR 2,500 for two

Ambience: 5/5. Lively atmosphere with a good crowd. Well lit, spacious, and bustling.

Taste: 5/5. Trying Burmese food for the first time and it turned out to be good. Liked the presentation, cleanliness, variety, and mix of flavours. I wanted items which have a lot of flavours, and it met my expectations. The quality of the items was also good.

Service: 5/5. Top-notch. They explained all items in detail and suggested the best fit according to one’s palette. Also, when we selected one drink, they suggested another. When we declined, they offered to take back the drink they suggested in case we didn’t like it and give us what we selected as an alternative free of cost.

Verdict: I would recommend it

Remarks: This is a pure vegetarian restaurant. They do not have valet service currently but since it is inside Sattva Knowledge City after 8 PM, parking was not an issue. Also, they accept payment via Swiggy/ Zomato.
brownkaiser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:51   #6448
BHPian

Name: Kshatriya Foods
Cuisine: Andhra, Telangana, north Indian, and Chinese

Cost: INR 1,000 for two

Ambience: 3/5. Average. Air-conditioned with outdoor seating.

Taste: 5/5. Haven’t tried anything except for the coastal food. Our go-to place for having proper Andhra-Telangana food. Items like prawns curry, chicken majjiga pulusu, non-veg meals, sora pidupu, crabs, chicken pesarakattu, etc. are definitely worth it.

Service: 2/5. Items will come but are delayed. Also, you have to get hold of someone else they’ll keep running around. Many times, people keep changing so must keep a note on who took the order.

Verdict: I would recommend it for the food and not the experience

Remarks: The overall upkeep and cleanliness are strictly average. This is not somewhere you'll come for a date or once-in-awhile dinner with family. They have good parking space.
brownkaiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:53   #6449
BHPian

Name: Farasha C Lounge
Cuisine: Regular pub/ lounge food

Cost: INR 2,000 for two.

Ambience: 2/5. The place was dimly lit like any other lounge but did not feel like one. It looked more like the designers were trying too much. Also, the music was just random with it being switched on 1 hour before closing.

Taste: 3/5. Tried a few regular items in veg and non-veg. It was decent. Pizza and mocktails were bad.

Service: 2/5. When we informed that we were a group of 8, a lady and two guys took us to the tables and the guys just walked off leaving the lady alone to join two tables and chairs. It was obvious that she couldn’t, so all of us had to help her. It left a bad taste. Later, when it came to taking orders, it was even more bizarre with no one serving water initially, and later random people coming and placing INR 10 bottles for only a few of us.

Verdict: Not recommended

Remarks: They accept Zomato/ Swiggy and if I’m not wrong their lackluster attitude was due to our booking through Zomato. The least expensive item on the menu was a virgin mojito type of drink at INR 499. Since we had a 50% discount, it worked out for us. Else, we would have walked out after seeing the menu. They have a valet service.
brownkaiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 15:03   #6450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
My humble request to all readers is to post something useful. In this age of paid reviews, let us take advantage of the fact that within our community we have a certain sense and level of trust that other BHPians will help them out.
Off-Topic: I hate the fact that Hyderabad doesn't have a dedicated section in the T-BHP directory. Our city has a huge number of enthusiasts and we don't even have a group or regular catchups. Most of the readers of this thread will be from the city, so once everyone starts contributing, we will have better info not just from this thread but also threads regarding good workshops, accessories shops, detailing studios, seat cover shops, etc.

Mods, please delete this post if it is against forum rules. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks