Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 16:52   #5206
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Picked some food from Prince, MehdiPatnam.

A chicken biryani with the softest chicken. It was not one huge leg piece but a mix of necks and wings. Loved it as these are my favorite parts. The quantity of rice and chicken for Rs 100 is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Where exactly is this place? Been hearing about it a lot. Will do a take-away soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
@mobike: Avi, it is in the complex to right when you are going towards Mehdipatnam police station. Or take a left when you are coming from Sarvi, it is on your left hand side.

The chicken biryani is truly excellent and succulent. I loved it everytime I went there. Even the grilled chicken is very good.
One simple question to all those who have eaten "Prince Chicken Biryani" : What is the extent of spiciness in the biryani? Mild, Medium or Hot?

Location : https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1...sz=19&t=m&z=16
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-princehotel.jpg

Quote:
Btw, If i recall correctly, you mentioned the biryani is priced at Rs.650 here? ....true?
Yes, 600-650 range all inclusive at JON.
Old 24th January 2013, 23:00   #5207
BHPian

Isn't this Prince, Mehdipatanam also famous for its talawa ghost ? Is this a place where I can find parking ?

Last edited by autotranny : 24th January 2013 at 23:01.
Old 24th January 2013, 23:18   #5208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
One simple question to all those who have eaten "Prince Chicken Biryani" : What is the extent of spiciness in the biryani? Mild, Medium or Hot?
I rate it at medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Isn't this Prince, Mehdipatanam also famous for its talawa ghost ? Is this a place where I can find parking ?
Yes and it was quite good.
The boti kebab was a little chewy but the talawa was quite ok.
However, a bit of it was left over after dinner.

So I had it for breakfast. Microwaved it at high for 1.5 minutes. This made it much softer and in future I plan on doing this for all such beef preparations.

Parking a bike is no issue. With a car depends on your luck.
Old 25th January 2013, 13:01   #5209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I pass that road to go to work almost every single day. But, I know its a very crowded lane and my limo cannot be parked there.

Other than going to work, that route is out of bounds for me. So dont know when I will get a chance to get a take-away from Prince
Old 25th January 2013, 15:30   #5210

Guys, anyone knows any restaurant where I can get great pork dishes ? Loved the ribs at TGI Fridays, but was bitterly disappointed with the chilly pork of Nanking... was too chewey, and maybe they forgot the chilly part ! Any place here that serves the famous "pandikedi" or "pandikadi" ?

I'm ok with Indian style - gravy or snacky, or chinese, or any other style thats spicy. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th January 2013, 00:22   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
Guys, anyone knows any restaurant where I can get great pork dishes ? Loved the ribs at TGI Fridays, but was bitterly disappointed with the chilly pork of Nanking... was too chewey, and maybe they forgot the chilly part ! Any place here that serves the famous "pandikedi" or "pandikadi" ?

I'm ok with Indian style - gravy or snacky, or chinese, or any other style thats spicy. Thanks in advance.
Last tuesday, I had Chargrilled Pork Arthur from Truffles Cafe...I liked it very much, quantity is also decent enough for the price.
Old 26th January 2013, 13:41   #5212

Quote:
Last tuesday, I had Chargrilled Pork Arthur from Truffles Cafe...I liked it very much, quantity is also decent enough for the price.
Thank you, AT, but if you'd mentioned the price as well, that would've helped ! Cheers !
Old 26th January 2013, 17:34   #5213
BHPian

Hey...you get pork toppings at Dominos if you are in the mood for a pizza....
Old 26th January 2013, 20:55   #5214
Senior - BHPian

Visited Bar-be-Qe restaurant above Heritage fresh in kondapur, botanical garden road. Its an exact copy of barbeque nation of bangalore. Unlimited starters on the Grill and buffet cost of 499+tax. Starters were very good, with Prawns, sheek kabab, couple of chicken grils, Fish and veg grills. Buffet was also good, deserts were average. Ambiance is great.
Old 27th January 2013, 11:37   #5215
BHPian

21 of us, neighbours in the apartment complex where we all live, decided to have a republic day lunch at Circle Restaurant in Hotel Square located at Paryatak Bhawan at Greenlands Junction, the same place from where the Airport AeroExpress Buses used to start earlier. This hotel was earlier under the management of Katriya Group and was called Katriya De Royale but is now managed by Butta Group (the same people who run Yatri Nivas in Secunderabad).

Do NOT mistake this with Hotel Inner Circle of Raj Bhawan Road or with Square Restaurant at Novotel.

The lunch buffet is priced @ 450/- or so. Pretty extensive spread and decent food. All put together, there were 10 n/v items in the buffet spread.

There was one Chinese style veg soup and another n/v soup. Did not have and did not look at the names also. Soups were served on the table promptly though one could pick them up also from the buffet table.

Chicken 65 and another tandoori chicken dish. Baby corn salt and pepper and tandoori paneer tikka. All served at the table though one could visit the live station where they were being cooked.

Sea Food salad (actually got to bite into seafood with every spoon unlike most star hotel buffet salads which claim seafood but are full of veggies), another n/v salad, cucumber slices in curd dip, mushroom baby corn salad, cauliflower & brocoli salad, another salad and then onion, green chillies, lemon wedges, tomato, cucumber, carrots, etc.

Papad, pickle, 2 types of chutney, ghee, gun powder, salan, raita, curd, curd rice and white rice.

Mutton Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Veg Biryani and one more rice dish.

Chinese style fish gravy, Mutton Rogan Josh (yummy), Saag Chicken, Paneer, Kaali Daal, and then a line of veggie dishes which I did not look at or visit.

Tandoori Roti served at the table.

Staff were on the toes and rushing around replacing cutlery, clearing used plates, keeping water topped up in the glasses and I was happy to see that all of them had a smile.

Sweets had payasam, rasmalai, ladoo and a few other dishes in the desserts, both Indian and continental. Many desserts were displayed individually in shot glasses which I think is a good idea as then the rest of the dessert doers not get spoilt by guests who do not know how to take a serving out without spoiling rest of the dessert. I do remember seeing caramel custard, lemon souffle and much more.

Ice Cream Sushi Live Station with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate flavours.

Fresh Fruit not cut and displayed but being cut as per order which had apple, pear, kiwi, dragon fruit, etc.

They have a nice open area pool side sitting place with cabanas which makes a weekend lunch a roaring success due to ambiance though I chose to sit inside in A/C as needed proximity to food.

All in all, worth it, VFM. However, if one can afford 657/- nstead of 450/-, Hotel Green Park lunch buffet is the place to be.

The GM, Mr Praful, personally came over and enquired whether we are satisfied with the food and service. Amazing to note that the top guys take so much interest. Wish they were successful and a name to reckon with but they are slowly catching up.

Quote:
A new place opened this week. Owned by my friends, Anirudh and Chaitanya this is opp Madhapur police station.
Attachment 1040647
NoRules, about Beach House, can you share the lunch buffet menu which is priced @ 229/-++. Thanks!
Quote:
Picked some food from Prince, MehdiPatnam.

A chicken biryani with the softest chicken. It was not one huge leg piece but a mix of necks and wings. Loved it as these are my favorite parts. The quantity of rice and chicken for Rs 100 is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
So there is someone besides my wife who throws away leg / breast pieces
Quote:
Breast piece of chicken is a strict no-no. Does not absorb any masala. The tastiest meat is the one which is attached to bone. Wings, neck and leg are my favorites.

The chicken biryani is truly excellent and succulent.
Based on the rave reviews of Prince Chicken Biryani, I got one parcel done last night.

Surprisingly, contrary to the reviews by others, I ended up getting a single piece of leg and thigh in the biryani which was priced at 100/-.

The rice is big grained and of very good quality and pretty juicy. The chicken was bland through and through. The masala was tad too hot for my personal taste. One has to break morsels of chicken pieces and mix with masala in the rice and add fresh plain curd to make it palatable. Of course, the chicken piece was extremely soft and juicy. See the single thigh-cum-leg piece as I got it :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-princebiryani.jpg
Final Verdict : Absolute VFM and worth it for all those who can manage to eat bland unmarinated chicken and spicy hot masala food.
Quote:
Is this a place where I can find parking ?
Quote:
I rate it at medium.

Quote:
But, I know its a very crowded lane and my limo cannot be parked there.
The road on the opposite side was full of parked cars. One can also park near the Police Station where all Tempo Travllers and such are parked and then walk the 100 metres or so.

I parked near Himalaya Book Shop just 20 metres after the eatery. A traffic police constable was standing there eating some snack so told him that want to parcel a Prince Biryani and requested him to take care of my car.
Old 27th January 2013, 17:28   #5216
BHPian

Hello all,

I am looking at arranging a dinner buffet at some 3/4/5 star hotel for approx 300-350 people. Budget is likely ~ Rs.650/- per head inclusive of all taxes.
Most of the hotels do not have such a capacity and am still searching. Could you suggest some place?
Old 27th January 2013, 20:42   #5217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania
Hello all,

I am looking at arranging a dinner buffet at some 3/4/5 star hotel for approx 300-350 people. Budget is likely ~ Rs.650/- per head inclusive of all taxes.
Most of the hotels do not have such a capacity and am still searching. Could you suggest some place?
The Tajs definitely have that kind of banquet halls/ballrooms but I doubt it would fall into your budget.Hitec city side star hotels definitely should have this kind of capacity.The other option is to hire out a function hall/garden imo
Old 28th January 2013, 08:38   #5218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The Tajs definitely have that kind of banquet halls/ballrooms but I doubt it would fall into your budget.Hitec city side star hotels definitely should have this kind of capacity.The other option is to hire out a function hall/garden imo
Motormania, what you need is a banquet facility and no restaurant (be it a stand alone or located inside a hotel) can meet your requirement.

Banquet facilities have many costs apart from the buffet food and these costs include hall rental, decorations and many many other expenses under various heads of accounts.

650/- per head can get a basic veggie food in 3 star hotels with banquet facilities.

Please clarfy whether you need non-veg or veg, South Indian or North Indian or Multi-Cuisine, which area of the city, and some other details before I can suggest you further.

Caution : Wedding season is now on and getting venues is next to impossible. We could not get Minerva for one booking and had to look at Chutneys.
Old 28th January 2013, 09:11   #5219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

The 5 stars are out of the list now. Looking at the options from Hitec city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Motormania, what you need is a banquet facility and no restaurant (be it a stand alone or located inside a hotel) can meet your requirement.

Banquet facilities have many costs apart from the buffet food and these costs include hall rental, decorations and many many other expenses under various heads of accounts.

650/- per head can get a basic veggie food in 3 star hotels with banquet facilities.

Please clarfy whether you need non-veg or veg, South Indian or North Indian or Multi-Cuisine, which area of the city, and some other details before I can suggest you further.

Caution : Wedding season is now on and getting venues is next to impossible. We could not get Minerva for one booking and had to look at Chutneys.
Exactly my concern. Its an alumni dinner, and we are looking at a combination of veg/non-veg items to cater to everyone. No specific area in mind, but in and around Gachibowli, Banjaara, Jubiliee, Kondapur, Hitec is preferred. The additional costs of a banquet is what is concerning for us right now. Have spoken to a few hotels and I am expecting to hear from them today.

Any idea hows Hotel Pearl Regency and Quality Inn Pearl in terms of service and food?

Last edited by Motormania : 28th January 2013 at 09:13.
Old 28th January 2013, 09:35   #5220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
The 5 stars are out of the list now. Looking at the options from Hitec city.

Exactly my concern. Its an alumni dinner, and we are looking at a combination of veg/non-veg items to cater to everyone. No specific area in mind, but in and around Gachibowli, Banjaara, Jubiliee, Kondapur, Hitec is preferred. The additional costs of a banquet is what is concerning for us right now. Have spoken to a few hotels and I am expecting to hear from them today.

Any idea hows Hotel Pearl Regency and Quality Inn Pearl in terms of service and food?
What is the kind of menu you are planning? How many starters?

I do not think Pearl regency and Quality Inn Pearl have banquet halls that can accommodate 350 people and parking will also be an issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks