Team-BHP - Sleeping habits / Team-BHP Insomniac's thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Sleeping habits / Team-BHP Insomniac's thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/4606-sleeping-habits-team-bhp-insomniacs-thread-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1138042)
Getting more and more nocturnal; sometimes don't sleep until 4.30am or even later.

Same here, i hardly manage 4 hours of sleep during the weekdays despite the weather and coziness of the hotel room.

12 and lights are out(induced by the OH liquid series)
No OH means TV till 6 a.m :deadhorse

Weekdays - Sleep at Midnight and get up at 7 AM
Friday and Saturday nights - Sleep at approx 3 or 4 AM
Saturdays and Sunday Morning - 10 - 11 AM would be the earliest that I get up.

weekdays around 1 am, manage about 5.5 hours.
weekend, especially friday night, if i sleep/ hit the bed before 4 am, i suffer from a nagging, almost guilty feeling that something was missed :)

BTW, is it possible to change sleeping habits? Is there any scientific and effective way to do it? I want to wake up early but it seems impossible for me after so many years of failed attempts to change the habit :-( .
BTW I do wake up early when on for a photo shoot or that sort(after lot of trouble though) but otherwise it's just seems impossible for me.

I always work in Night Shifts - weekdays I sleep at 12PM and getup at 6PM, during weekends 12AM - 10AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 1138820)
BTW, is it possible to change sleeping habits? Is there any scientific and effective way to do it? I want to wake up early but it seems impossible for me after so many years of failed attempts to change the habit :-( .
BTW I do wake up early when on for a photo shoot or that sort(after lot of trouble though) but otherwise it's just seems impossible for me.

drink water before you go to sleep. A little more than you would normally consume.

So you have no choice but to wake up in the morning. :D

Normally lights out by 11pm..sometimes get dragged to midnight.
But i drink a lot of water before going to sleep and take some deep breathing too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1138042)
Getting more and more nocturnal; sometimes don't sleep until 4.30am or even later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 1138463)
Same here, i hardly manage 4 hours of sleep during the weekdays despite the weather and coziness of the hotel room.

Wow, I can only imagine what it would be like to have all that extra time on my hands. Do you guys find 4 hours of sleep sufficient and are fresh all day? Or do you feel tired through the day. If it is the former, I am envious.

Though, I do love my sleep and wouldn't give it up for a million bucks. Ah, the simpler pleasures of life.

I go to bed at 12 AM & get up at 9, I make sure that i get 8-9 hours of sleep. Ofcourse a little bit of sleep in the office will make sure that I get my quota of sleep.

Gone are the days when I used to sleep late, nowadays my body reacts badly if I stay late, even if it is for a party. So I start my boozing early on weekends. I wonder how people live with 4-5 hours of sleep daily, just can't imagine that. Few problems I've faced are lack of concentration, getting angry & memory loss the next day if i sleep less the previous night.

It's been years I have got up at 6 in the morning. Always been my weakness, miss all my meetings in office if scheduled before 10 AM.

cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1138904)
drink water before you go to sleep. A little more than you would normally consume.

So you have no choice but to wake up in the morning. :D

Ha ha that doesn't work, I'll actually hit the bed again after the rituals ;-). And also the problem is to get to bed early due to this habit that I've developed of sleeping after 1/1.30am only..

Oops silly me,when I first read the title of this thread I thought it was about something else altogether :D Just my corrupt mind I guess, sorry lol:
On average I hit the sack by 11.45pm, up by 7.30 am.Sunday mornings I sleep till I want to.

Effective meditation will cut down your sleep time considerably. Read up on it ^^

So how many hours is your ideal sleep? How many hours would you like to sleep so that you don't feel tired and worn out the next day?

And what time do you go to bed and wake the following morning ?

@MODS, I did not find a similar thread. If there's any existing thread please close this. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1492280)
So how many hours is your ideal sleep? How many hours would you like to sleep so that you don't feel tired and worn out the next day?

And what time do you go to bed and wake the following morning ?

@MODS, I did not find a similar thread. If there's any existing thread please close this. Thanks.

I try to get max 6-8 hours but its all depends on shifts, missing hours i use to cover during weekend lol: