Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 12:09   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

I do not have much knowledge about PF. Every month employer puts some amount in PF account. I was being told that I can withdraw the amount only after resignation. How many days does it take to get the amount after applying for withdrawal?
Old 29th August 2016, 12:21   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I do not have much knowledge about PF. Every month employer puts some amount in PF account. I was being told that I can withdraw the amount only after resignation. How many days does it take to get the amount after applying for withdrawal?
Rule book says you need to be unemployed for 2 months before you can apply for complete withdrawal of the funds in your PF account.

Now that each of the organization's PF account is linked directly to the UAN, it is easy to track PF credits by the employer (and employee) through a single source.

Quote:
The entire 12% of your contribution goes into your EPF account along with 3.67% (out of 12%) from your employer, while the balance 8.33% from your employer's side is diverted to your EPS (Employee's Pension Scheme)
- Source

12% above is nothing but the percentage of your Basic Salary in from the Payslip.

The time taken to withdraw the PF is around one month (30 days) compared to at least 3 months it was few years before.
Old 29th August 2016, 14:19   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Rule book says you need to be unemployed for 2 months before you can apply for complete withdrawal of the funds in your PF account.

Now that each of the organization's PF account is linked directly to the UAN, it is easy to track PF credits by the employer (and employee) through a single source.

- Source

12% above is nothing but the percentage of your Basic Salary in from the Payslip.

The time taken to withdraw the PF is around one month (30 days) compared to at least 3 months it was few years before.
This means I can apply for withdrawal 2 months post resignation, provided I am unemployed and it will take at least 30 more days to get the amount.

Thanks!!
Old 29th August 2016, 14:30   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I think there is some mistake in the article.
The part of the employer contribution that goes to the EPS is subjected to a maximum of 1,250. Rest all goes to EPF account.

This I can also clearly see in my PF account.
Old 29th August 2016, 14:33   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This means I can apply for withdrawal 2 months post resignation, provided I am unemployed and it will take at least 30 more days to get the amount.

Thanks!!
Ideally get the money transferred to your new employer's PF account. It keeps earning entirely tax free interest for you (EPF is EEE - exempt exempt exempt)

Withdraw only when you are unemployed for a prolonged period (or starting up your own business) or retiring.
Old 29th August 2016, 14:37   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Ideally get the money transferred to your new employer's PF account. It keeps earning entirely tax free interest for you (EPF is EEE - exempt exempt exempt)

Withdraw only when you are unemployed for a prolonged period (or starting up your own business) or retiring.
I am planning to resign my current job and do post graduation. It will take for ever in medical field . PG + Super specialty + additional years preparing for entrance exams.

Guess I need to wait at least 3 more months to get the amount!!
Old 29th August 2016, 14:42   #442
Senior - BHPian

It is a straightforward process these days especially as EPF has been computerized. Apply two months after you quit and include a copy of your admission letter as proof that you have quit the job, in case you are asked.

Meanwhile you can get a statement at http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
Old 29th August 2016, 15:02   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to resign my current job and do post graduation. It will take for ever in medical field . PG + Super specialty + additional years preparing for entrance exams.

Guess I need to wait at least 3 more months to get the amount!!
There is a separate form to withdraw pension. Do not forget to fill that up. It has a different calculation and depends on the number of years of service. If you have not completed 10 years of service, you can withdraw that amount and there is something called as Table D to help you understand how much you will get.
Old 29th August 2016, 22:46   #444
BHPian

Is there any website where I can see the status of my application for "Withdrawal" of EPF.
I could only find this link related to transfer claim status.
http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in
Old 16th September 2016, 15:41   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Is there any website where I can see the status of my application for "Withdrawal" of EPF.

The alternative option is to file RTI Online. You may please request for the DD/Cheque details and the status for the same. You can get a fast response through this and in case there is an existing delay, this will accelerate the process as well.
Old 16th September 2016, 15:54   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
You can enquire at the concerned PF office first before even filing an RTI. The enquiry counter people will usually tell you or direct you to an official who can tell you. Processing is fast and smooth these days.
Old 26th December 2016, 10:22   #447
BHPian

Any idea why http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ is down for the last few days? Any alternate sites available for similar purposes?
Old 27th December 2016, 05:49   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Any idea why http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ is down for the last few days? Any alternate sites available for similar purposes?
Not sure why but you should receive an SMS on pf credit taking place

Maybe it went down and the IT department is on a new year break who knows.
Old 27th December 2016, 06:37   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have an Android app, see if you can access your information using that. I've never used is though.
Old 27th December 2016, 08:42   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Received this update that UAN portal is under updation for making way for unified portal. Check this portal for updated link http://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_E...p?id=sm2_index
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks