Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 23:22   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
This link is provided in the EPFO Website. The link is highlighted in this screenshot taken from the EPF website http://www.epfindia.com/
Attachment 1393190
Thanks for clearing, its really sad that they cant build the sites properly for such important functions. This being a financial site should have been https.
Old 17th July 2015, 23:27   #377
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
This being a financial site should have been https.
And I think it is, I remember the PF transfer/claim process is via https so possibly just the landing page isn't.
Old 10th August 2015, 11:08   #378
BHPian

A query from my side on the new PF rules which kicked in this year.
I was with an organization from 2009 till 2010 for a period of 13 months. I withdrew the PF in July 2015. They have cut 30% tax on this.
Is there any option of me getting this tax refunded?
Old 10th August 2015, 13:12   #379
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

One will not be allowed to withdraw PF amount in full before the age of 58 years - Anyone heard of a new provision that is expected to come into force for this soon ?
Old 10th August 2015, 13:14   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
A query from my side on the new PF rules which kicked in this year.
I was with an organization from 2009 till 2010 for a period of 13 months. I withdrew the PF in July 2015. They have cut 30% tax on this.
Is there any option of me getting this tax refunded?
Normally 10% is supposed to be cut, 30% only if you don't provide your PAN number. Did you not provide your PAN number ?
Old 10th August 2015, 23:50   #381
BHPian

If a user have two pf account ( previous employer) & current employer , On the UAN sites both PF numbers are shown then do we need to do transfer?
OR as the UAN portal is showing both the accounts the transfer is automatic/ not necessary?
Old 11th August 2015, 12:03   #382
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
If a user have two pf account ( previous employer) & current employer , On the UAN sites both PF numbers are shown then do we need to do transfer?
OR as the UAN portal is showing both the accounts the transfer is automatic/ not necessary?
As I understand it, you will need to do the transfer the Old PF account to new PF account quoting your UAN so that the amount in the old PF account will continue to earn interest (if more than 3 years old, it will cease to earn interest). This way, entire amount will be in one PF account and earn interest
This can be done online (at least initiated online and after form is printed, submitte to old employer) and is quite fast, had mine done in about 3 weeks tops.

Last edited by NPV : 11th August 2015 at 12:06.
Old 11th August 2015, 12:47   #383
BHPian

I quit my previous job in Jan 2015 , for a few months I was taking care of family business and hence I decided to withdraw the PF. My old company HR asked me to call up after 3 months to process the formalities . In april I completed the formalities and asked for a withdrawl of PF. The processing was supposed to be handled by an external accountant who is dilly dallying the process , everytime I call him up , he gives lame reasons for delay. He is not giving me any acknowledgement number for the submission of my application.

How do I find out the status of my application ? Is there anyway to know the balance in my PF account ? My previous employer did not have UAN number though.

PS: In may however , I found another job where I decided to open a new PF account. Since UAN number was made mandatory by the new employer.

Edit: I am unable to find my employer's name in the EPFO directory at all. What is happening ? I am a bit worried.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 11th August 2015 at 12:55.
Old 11th August 2015, 14:47   #384
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
How do I find out the status of my application ? Is there anyway to know the balance in my PF account ? My previous employer did not have UAN number though.
If you have your full PF number something like KN/BN/xxxxx/xxxxx then you can check the balance online. If your previous employer did not get a UAN for you, it's ok, you now have a UAN from new employer.
Old 11th August 2015, 15:06   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you have your full PF number something like KN/BN/xxxxx/xxxxx then you can check the balance online. If your previous employer did not get a UAN for you, it's ok, you now have a UAN from new employer.
Yes ,I do have a PF number with me,it starts with a 5 digit number followed by KN/BN. The format is something like this <5 digit number><KN>/BN/<same 5 digit number>/<another 3 digit number>

eg: 55533KN/BN/55533/123

I went to this website
http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_b...e=QkFOR0FMT1JF

The code starts from BG BNG . I guess that is the new code given to my previous employer.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-1.jpg

The 3rd box is for the establishment code ,the third box is for the extension and the last box is the account number. How do I decode this ?
Old 11th August 2015, 15:17   #386
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
eg: 55533KN/BN/55533/123

I went to this website
http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_b...e=QkFOR0FMT1JF

The code starts from BG BNG . I guess that is the new code given to my previous employer.
Using example above, try this:
-Use 55533 as establishment code (identifies the employer)
-Use blank for extension (no extension)
-Use 123 as your account number
Old 11th August 2015, 15:28   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Using example above, try this:
-Use 55533 as establishment code (identifies the employer)
-Use blank for extension (no extension)
-Use 123 as your account number
Did that exactly , the website says invalid input of member mismatch.Need to check with my employer.
Old 11th August 2015, 17:00   #388
BHPian

Quote:
As I understand it, you will need to do the transfer the Old PF account to new PF account quoting your UAN so that the amount in the old PF account will continue to earn interest (if more than 3 years old, it will cease to earn interest). This way, entire amount will be in one PF account and earn interest
This can be done online (at least initiated online and after form is printed, submitte to old employer) and is quite fast, had mine done in about 3 weeks tops.
Ok took the plunge, let's see how much time it takes..
Old 15th August 2015, 10:02   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Question from a team-mate:

Working in current company for 5 years.
Earlier company - 2 years.
PF savings from earlier company withdrawn when he moved.

No withdrawals in last 5 years.
PF account maintained by at PF commissioner's office (Company he works for does not have a PF trust).

He wants to draw from his PF account to meet expenses like birth of their first child & subsequent religious expenses.

Question:
How much can he get ?
Will it be taxed ? HOw much ?
What are his best options to avoid any tax if wants to withdraw ?

Note: the company does not provide soft loans / temp loans.

TIA !
Old 18th August 2015, 00:41   #390
BHPian

Quote:
NPV and others.
Need urgent information.
Read about UAN and transfer of PF from an old employer's account.
My daughter is working with a private firm since May 2014.
As on 31/3/15 I want to see the interest (tax exempted), credited as on that date so that I can file her returns. Plan to do in a day or two.
How does she go about it.
How to get the UAN reference?
Thanks a lot in advance
Regrds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks